Thread: Damoun Patterson: It didn’t seem that bad

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Damoun Patterson: It didn’t seem that bad

Before you start to read this, stop for a minute and think about how you would answer these questions.

What would you do if you didn’t know where your next meal was going to come from? Or whether there would even be enough money to have one, let alone three meals a day.

What would you do if you didn’t know if you would have a place to call home tonight, a place where you could comfortably sleep, take a shower, and just feel safe?

Now, what would you do if those questions were part of your life, and you were just a kid? .......

read more @ https://www.steelers.com/news/patter...-seem-that-bad

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Damoun Patterson: It didn’t seem that bad

A lot of us were kids in Pittsburgh in the '80s when the steel mills closed, the economy was depressed, and crack/ gang violence was rampant.

We can relate...

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Damoun Patterson: It didn’t seem that bad

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    A lot of us were kids in Pittsburgh in the '80s when the steel mills closed, the economy was depressed, and crack/ gang violence was rampant.

We can relate...

Best,
    -Slashy
    I was in Allentown when the Bethlehem mills closed down. It was an angry place.