Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Find All This Hilarious

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

Re: I Find All This Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    Well said. Best explanation of I've seen of this situation yet. Cyphon25, I get that you think AB was a little out of line in his response, but most of us that have been hearing these "journalists" for years have gotten to the point that we're amazed that more players haven't fired back at some of these guys. Personally, based on what I've seen over the last decade and the effort that AB brings to the table, he's earned a pass from me as well.
    I am ok if you want to give him a pass. I was just saying that he is in the wrong. The fact that you even say you give him a pass implies he is in the wrong because if he was in the right he wouldn't need a pass anyway.

Nothing that happened here has changed my viewpoint on AB. I am ready for a career year from him and happy he is on our team.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphon25 View Post
    I am ok if you want to give him a pass. I was just saying that he is in the wrong. The fact that you even say you give him a pass implies he is in the wrong because if he was in the right he wouldn't need a pass anyway.

Nothing that happened here has changed my viewpoint on AB. I am ready for a career year from him and happy he is on our team.
    I would not want you on my jury of life ...

you openly admit to having no history on Mr Ed or the Pittsburgh sports media in general and for 1 tweet defending himself your are ready to throw AB under the bus ...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I would not want you on my jury of life ...

you openly admit to having no history on Mr Ed or the Pittsburgh sports media in general and for 1 tweet defending himself your are ready to throw AB under the bus ...
    I could say the same for you since you clearly aren't actually reading my posts. In what way did I throw AB under the bus? I said he was being a dick, I didn't say he should be suspended or released from the team.

And again, their history holds no relevance to the conversation. I will point out one more time that even as 3 year olds we are taught 2 wrongs don't make a right and here I am having to explain that same lesson to (what I assume) is a grown man.

And this works both ways. If you are a serial killer who has murdered 20 people and then at some point in your life rescue a kid from a burning building, you deserve praise for that 1 moment. It doesn't excuse you being a serial killer, but that one act was still a good one. Now flip that for AB. He does a lot of great things and maybe Bouchette "deserves" to be told he is a clown but that still doesn't mean AB wasn't being a dick.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I could say the same for you since you clearly aren't actually reading my posts. In what way did I throw AB under the bus? I said he was being a dick, I didn't say he should be suspended or released from the team.

And again, their history holds no relevance to the conversation. I will point out one more time that even as 3 year olds we are taught 2 wrongs don't make a right and here I am having to explain that same lesson to (what I assume) is a grown man.

And this works both ways. If you are a serial killer who has murdered 20 people and then at some point in your life rescue a kid from a burning building, you deserve praise for that 1 moment. It doesn't excuse you being a serial killer, but that one act was still a good one. Now flip that for AB. He does a lot of great things and maybe Bouchette "deserves" to be told he is a clown but that still doesn't mean AB wasn't being a dick.
    I need no life lessons from you , thanks but no thanks as I have had plenty in my 55 years on planet earth both good and bad ...

where I come from calling someone a dick is in fact throwing them under the bus ...

end of story ...

so there is a life lesson for you

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I need no life lessons from you , thanks but no thanks as I have had plenty in my 55 years on planet earth both good and bad ...

where I come from calling someone a dick is in fact throwing them under the bus ...

end of story ...

so there is a life lesson for you
    Well, where you come from has it wrong I guess. Another lesson that you "don't need".

""To throw (someone) under the bus" is an idiomatic phrase in American English meaning to betray a friend or ally for selfish reasons."

I gain nothing here by calling AB a dick. I have no motivation to do it and the only reason I have done it is because he was in fact, being a dick. So what you are missing here in the definition is the "selfish reasons" portion. With that being understood, I clearly wasn't throwing AB under the bus. I was calling a very obvious situation like I see it instead of being a homer.

Well, where you come from has it wrong I guess. Another lesson that you "don't need".

""To throw (someone) under the bus" is an idiomatic phrase in American English meaning to betray a friend or ally for selfish reasons."

I gain nothing here by calling AB a dick. I have no motivation to do it and the only reason I have done it is because he was in fact, being a dick. So what you are missing here in the definition is the "selfish reasons" portion. With that being understood, I clearly wasn't throwing AB under the bus. I was calling a very obvious situation like I see it instead of being a homer.
    Verb. throw under the bus. (idiomatic, transitive, of a person or group) To betray or blame (something or someone), as a scapegoat

Throw someone under the bus definition: to expose someone to an unpleasant fate

but following your posts I can see this is not something you will ever admit to ... thats cool , carry on I will just no longer be a party to it

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The media as a whole is at a pretty low point. They've been that way since the advent of the internet. There are no more editors to run stories by. These guys just post crap without any filters. That goes for ALL the media not just sports writers.