Thread: Roethlisberger Left Tuesdays Training Camp Practice Early With Unknown Injury

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Roethlisberger Left Tuesdays Training Camp Practice Early With Unknown Injury

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/08/ro...ractice-early/

There seems to have been a tense moment during the Pittsburgh Steelers Tuesday training camp practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium due to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger staying down on the field momentarily after a pass attempt during the team’s daily seven-shots period.

Roethlisberger, according our very own Alex Kozora, reportedly reached for his head after going to the ground on the play. He then left the field and sat on a water cooler before finally talking to general manager Kevin Colbert and head trainer John Norwig. He then left the field for good, according to Kozora, and is likely done for the day.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Left Tuesdays Training Camp Practice Early With Unknown Injury

Drama queen

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Left Tuesdays Training Camp Practice Early With Unknown Injury

Maybe he heard that the ESPN Fantasy gurus have him as a fantasy qb bust and he had a meltdown.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Slight blow to the head. He'll be fine.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Drama queen

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Anyone that comes within 5 feet of even potentially hitting Ben should be deducted one months salary.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Anyone that comes within 5 feet of even potentially hitting Ben should be deducted one months salary.
    Apparently it was his own offensive line. And Ben ran into them.

It was most likely his fault for reacting to non-contact pressure instinctively, like he would in a game. It’s hard to FAULT anyone for it. No one was attempting to really touch him.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Apparently it was his own offensive line. And Ben ran into them.

It was most likely his fault for reacting to non-contact pressure instinctively, like he would in a game. It’s hard to FAULT anyone for it. No one was attempting to really touch him.
    Combine that with being a 13 year vet and he likely got bolted to the sideline despite even his protests.

At this point in the calendar the only goal for the top guys on the roster should be to be healthy for week 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone else trying really hard to forget that this a man who once got into a motorcycle accident without a helmet, thereby making any future head injuries unpredictable?

Just me?

Oh good! That’s a relief!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Combine that with being a 13 year vet and he likely got bolted to the sideline despite even his protests.

At this point in the calendar the only goal for the top guys on the roster should be to be healthy for week 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So it turns out Bell is only one who knows how to do preseason right.

I can just picture all the Bell memes that will come of this; like Bell with Einstein hair and mustache, etc.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

How many concussions do you think Ben has had that were unreported. I guarantee he had one when his nose was broken in Baltimore. I was at that game and on the Jumbotron he looked like his brains were scattered. He went back in when they stopped the bleeding.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Ben going through the Concussion protocol:

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

What is concussion protocol ? Just sit and do nothing ? Just curious.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    What is concussion protocol ? Just sit and do nothing ? Just curious.
    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/...ocol-explained

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Madden Curse...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Thanks for the info. So more or less it's just sit and do nothing. Just rest and some light aerobics.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Is anyone else trying really hard to forget that this a man who once got into a motorcycle accident without a helmet, thereby making any future head injuries unpredictable?

Just me?

Oh good! That’s a relief!

- - - Updated - - -

So it turns out Bell is only one who knows how to do preseason right.

I can just picture all the Bell memes that will come of this; like Bell with Einstein hair and mustache, etc.
    I'll start

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

According to the reporters on Around The Horn, this injury is the end for Ben. Lol.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Fowler:

More good news for Steelers with Ben Roethlisberger: The quarterback did not experience any concussion symptoms after falling in Tuesday's practice. Was removed from protocol for pretty quickly.

I guess the end of Ben's career was slightly exaggerated.......