Just some random observations after watching the preseason game.

-Matakevich got cutback on by the RB and QB Sudfield badly....doesn't look at all like a starter who can play in space.
-Bostic looked quicker and better at taking on blockers than Red. I don't see how he isn't the starter, but still need better than him on roster
- the Kentucky LB Farrington Hugenin looked quick, explosive and lanky. Got into coverage well and looked to bend well in the pass rush.
-Jaylen Samuels showed very little as a ball carrier. They even finished the game with 2 consecutive I formation leads for him and he failed to gain yards
-James Washington made a nice special teams tackle and looked to be searching for more. Add his catches on a dig route and jump ball and he looks like a good pick.
-Edmunds seemed to be in "no mans land" a few times, so needs to get better in locating receivers in space.
-Matthew Thomas looked lost or confused several times at ILB, he "stepped in the bucket" and paused a lot in plays and was late arriving, but he looks fast when he finally figures out where he is going.
-Jake Rodgers showed good base, footwork and some nasty finishing. I think he is the next guy up after Feiler in the rotation.
-Chukks looked comfortable at OT. Good feet and I expected some hesitation and awkwardness from a guy reported as so raw, but IMO, he looked good in pass protection
-Toussaint looked as if he leaned down and his quickness and acceleration out of the jump cut was impressive. I think its going to be between he and Samuels for the last RB spot, unless they keep Samuels as a TE
-Ola Adenyi shows good hustle and hand use to shed in pass rush, but he also got stopped at the LOS several times and just stopped moving his feet. If he is more consistent he has a chance to make it. The one sack was a combo of good hands by him, but poor OT play and a QB that didn't step up in the pocket.