Thread: Later than normal, but still here

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Later than normal, but still here

I don't think I've posted later than the first preseason game (not counting the HOF game), but better late than never. One "doesn't count" game down, three to go.

Haven't had the time (or the inclination) to dig deep into every position on every team in the AFCN, but a quick glance shows me the Steelers are probably favored to win the division again. But I think the Ravens are going to surprise a few folks this year.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Later than normal, but still here

I think Jackson is going to be a bust, just so you know. He'll be just good enough to break your heart. He'll have the wow plays and then throw the game losing pick.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think Jackson is going to be a bust, just so you know. He'll be just good enough to break your heart. He'll have the wow plays and then throw the game losing pick.
    Who's on the list of running QB's that last? Trust me, I won't be surprised if he's a flash in the pan.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

welcome back crow!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Objectively, I definitely think Baltimore can make the playoffs and even win a division title, especially in the raging tire fire of a conference known as the AFC. They were close to 10-6 last year, they have pieces on defense, plus they have better skill position players.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Welcome back Crow

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Welcome back. We understand your tardiness....probably caught up in the HOF game and Ray Lewis getting his Orange Jumpsuit.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Welcome, I hope you don't get too much flacc this season.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

What’s the matter with you people

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Welcome back

Ravens seem ready for a bounceback season and IMO have an excellent shot at winning the division

Probably good for Ravens fans that Harbaugh needs to coach outside his comfort zone since missing the playoffs for another season may be it for Harbaugh in Baltimore

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Welcome back Crow.

We welcome anyone that wants to discuss real football and isn't interested in just talking smack and insulting teams or people like so many do.

It's always good to talk to you.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I honestly think people are closing the door on Flacco WAY too soon. I understand fans are gonna be fans and want the new kid to be their savior, but when Flacco actually has talent around him and a decent play caller, he’s a QB who can win you a Super Bowl. He’s proven that.

I think Flacco has a chip on his shoulder now and is gonna remind people how good he is. I feel bad for him; the way fans are turning on him so hard.

Remember when Ravens fans were saying he was better than Ben?

I don't think most Ravens fans are turning on Flacco. Some for sure, but not most. And I agree with your "chip on his shoulder" comment. Unlike last year when his back injury was a big factor, he seems healthy and is throwing the ball well.