Thread: Ex Steelers S Shamarko Thomas Becomes First Player Ejected Under New Safety Rules

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ex Steelers S Shamarko Thomas Becomes First Player Ejected Under New Safety Rules

The NFL made it a point of emphasis to curb the use of the helmet as a weapon this offseason, in doing so passing new rules that would in theory help to discourage such practices. One of the methods by which they went about doing this was in loosening the standards for which an illegal hit would warrant an ejection.

And evidently the first ‘victim’ of this tighter enforcement was former Pittsburgh Steelers safety Shamarko Thomas, who was ejected from his game last night with the Indianapolis Colts following a helmet hit to the helmet of a Seattle Seahawks wide receiver.

Thomas, a 2013 fourth-round pick, spent his first four seasons with the Steelers, but was not re-signed a year ago. He was a free agent throughout the offseason before the Colts picked him up at the start of training camp late last month.

The Syracuse product earned the nickname ‘Headache’ during his college career, which was a reference to his hard hits on the football field............

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/08...-safety-rules/

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Ex Steelers S Shamarko Thomas Becomes First Player Ejected Under New Safety Rules

Why do they even need to reference the Steelers if he is now playing for the Colts?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Ex Steelers S Shamarko Thomas Becomes First Player Ejected Under New Safety Rules

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Why do they even need to reference the Steelers if he is now playing for the Colts?
    Keyword relevance.

So I haven't been paying attention to this "helmet rule," but it looks like the gist of it is that we're moving up from random 15-yard penalties to random ejections now? Sounds awesome.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Steelers, Cowboys, & Taperiots are immediate clickbait.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Steelers, Cowboys, & Taperiots are immediate clickbait.
    ...and I don't get the Cowboys relevance. Only 6 franchises have fewer playoff wins since 1996 than the Cowpokes.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    ...and I don't get the Cowboys relevance. Only 6 franchises have fewer playoff wins since 1996 than the Cowpokes.
    It has to do with the fanbase, not the success level. More fans = more clicks.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Shamarko Thomas has had better weeks.

Ejected from Thursday’s game for his helmet-to-helmet hit, the Colts released the veteran safety Saturday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fter-ejection/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    It’s because the state of Texas is bigger than entire continent of North America.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    It’s because the state of Texas is bigger than entire continent of North America.
    I heard a funny line in a show last night about that.

"I wanted to get out and see other countries."

"Um, you do know Texas is a state, right?"

"When you live there, everything outside of Texas is considered another country."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So he did learn some stuff while he was in a Steelers Uniform...like how to hit like MIke Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

There is a tackle/penalty from the Cardinals Chargers game that is being talked about on Twitter. Surprise.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Shamarko Thomas is having the summer from hell

Broncos safety Shamarko Thomas is being kept in the hospital overnight so doctors can evaluate him for a possible detached retina, Mike Klis of Denver’s 9News reports.

Thomas was injured in the first half in the team’s game against Washington

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tached-retina/