Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Josh Dobbs

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Josh Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    James is probably right ..... have to take care of my body haha
    Might I suggest a regimen of video games, rap albums, & weed...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    You forgot the Stripper...sheesh that's the most important part

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    cant risk spraining a thumb ...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Just get a wii connect and invite Bell over problem solved he will take care of that part of your workout

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Don’t wanna take the shrink wrap off to early. Obviously. Iron sharpens iron.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Don’t wanna take the shrink wrap off to early. Obviously. Iron sharpens iron.
    bubble wrap buddy and don't you forget it LMAO

was fun around here a few years back

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Arguing about backup quarterbacks!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Arguing about backup quarterbacks!
    this place was far more good natured too

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

this place was far more good natured too

This place has always been more good natured than other message boards.

I found that out when I started going to other message boards when I first heard this place was closing. Being the new poster on a new board is not easy. All the established vets with 20,000 posts and all their friends look at everything you say as if you are questioning them and their dominance. You know how this stuff works.

I have strong opinions, but I don't insult people unless they come at me. Once you get challenged, you either back off or you go after people with both barrels. There is always a hierarchy, and respect has to be earned. You have disagreements and they treat you like a troll and try to get you tossed from the board.

That stuff happens all the time at other message boards.

Here? Not so much.

I think this place has lost so many good people that were once regulars that some here bristle when they encounter new posters. It's like anything else. We all either adjust or there is going to be nastiness and confrontation that settles in and becomes more the norm. I hope that doesn't happen.

What has always made this place great is the lack of nastiness and confrontation. Rather, strong conversations and opinions are the norm, with only occasional outbursts. Like brothers fighting.

It could be that way again, but some of the political darkness that took over this place a while ago created drama and dislike that has never dissipated.

I ask anyone that pays attention to this post to please listen to me, and also ask that everyone tries to move on from all that stuff or this place is doomed to become another cesspool of so-called Steelers fans.

The world doesn't need another message board full of people that are screaming at each other. There are far too many already.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

my favorite was always the beaver pics that were posted when someone said something stupid

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    my favorite was always the beaver pics that were posted when someone said something stupid
    Tim Lumber was pretty good too.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason is a splendid one to behold">

This place has always been more good natured than other message boards.

I found that out when I started going to other message boards when I first heard this place was closing. Being the new poster on a new board is not easy. All the established vets with 20,000 posts and all their friends look at everything you say as if you are questioning them and their dominance. You know how this stuff works.

I have strong opinions, but I don't insult people unless they come at me. Once you get challenged, you either back off or you go after people with both barrels. There is always a hierarchy, and respect has to be earned. You have disagreements and they treat you like a troll and try to get you tossed from the board.

That stuff happens all the time at other message boards.

Here? Not so much.
    As a new poster here, I can identify with what you're saying. This board has a lot of intelligent football analysis and good Steeler talk, and most of the people here are friendly and can calmly discuss differences of opinion without resorting to nastiness or name-calling. There are two or three posters here who have exhibited some of the bad habits you've been speaking about, but I'm a big boy and I've handled guys much worse on other message boards I've been on so it doesn't really bother me. Like you I don't insult people unless they insult me first, but if they come at me I'm not taking any crap. I would prefer that nobody here ever insult anybody at all, and that this board will help us all enjoy what is turning out to be a very interesting season for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    As a new poster here, I can identify with what you're saying. This board has a lot of intelligent football analysis and good Steeler talk, and most of the people here are friendly and can calmly discuss differences of opinion without resorting to nastiness or name-calling. There are two or three posters here who have exhibited some of the bad habits you've been speaking about, but I'm a big boy and I've handled guys much worse on other message boards I've been on so it doesn't really bother me. Like you I don't insult people unless they insult me first, but if they come at me I'm not taking any crap. I would prefer that nobody here ever insult anybody at all, and that this board will help us all enjoy what is turning out to be a very interesting season for the Steelers.

Welcome to the board. Sorry I didn't do that sooner, but when I noticed the new name you were already in the middle of a disagreement with a few members so I stayed out of it.

There is always going to be some friction when you're the new guy and you disagree and defend your positions strongly.

If you are a quality poster and you are friendly to people, you generally aren't going to have problems with the vast majority of people and you will be accepted. We all disagree on certain issues even with our favorite people here. It happens all the time. At some point we all just need to agree to disagree and move on. I know....easier said than done!

I haven't had any issues with you. Just continue to treat others with respect and everything will work out just fine.

This has been a great place for us, and you will meet many wonderful people here if you give them a chance. I encourage the established members here to do the same with new people, and to give those people a chance as well.

Senior Member Array title="Voice of Reason is a splendid one to behold">

Welcome to the board. Sorry I didn't do that sooner, but when I noticed the new name you were already in the middle of a disagreement with a few members so I stayed out of it.

There is always going to be some friction when you're the new guy and you disagree and defend your positions strongly.

If you are a quality poster and you are friendly to people, you generally aren't going to have problems with the vast majority of people and you will be accepted. We all disagree on certain issues even with our favorite people here. It happens all the time. At some point we all just need to agree to disagree and move on. I know....easier said than done!

I haven't had any issues with you. Just continue to treat others with respect and everything will work out just fine.

This has been a great place for us, and you will meet many wonderful people here if you give them a chance. I encourage the established members here to do the same with new people, and to give those people a chance as well.
    Thank you. I appreciate the advice and kind words.