Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Josh Dobbs

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Josh Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphon25 View Post
    I know I wasn't involved but just from an outside perspective reading the conversation I thought you were using the wrong term. Granted I don't know if I am accurate or not but the impression I have is that an RPO (and specifically the running part of it) involves a running back running and not a QB. So pointing out Dobbs mobility in relation to RPO's seems irrelevant if that is the correct idea behind an RPO (again, I am not 100% sure on it). It is either you hand to the RB or throw a quick pass. The QB isn't supposed to be running. Dobbs mobility would be more suited to the college style option.
    I agree, the point you make that is above in bold is what confused me as well.

If the QB has the option to keep or hand off and he determines that by reading the DE/OLB, then its a read option. RPO is where a QB like Nick Foles either hands off to the RB from pistol formation (run option), or keeps it to throw a quick slant, bubble screen or whatever quick pass option is called. IMO, read options are great to get your QB injured....just look at Bob Griffin's first 2 seasons with the Redskins to see that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Iím sorry but I refuse to include that Jonesís stats in a no pressure game against a winless team. Take that start away and he is 2-2 as a starter. Okay. His yards per attempt were like 9 and then 6.5. Okay. His ratings were 77 and 86.

Heís okay, almost.

He also had better defenses those years. But heís still probably the safe bet.
    If heís 2-2 after you take that start away, heís right where you want your back up QB to be over a 4 game stretch. The rule of thumb is you want your back up to be able to go .500 or better while in there.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a brilliant future"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If he’s 2-2 after you take that start away, he’s right where you want your back up QB to be over a 4 game stretch. The rule of thumb is you want your back up to be able to go .500 or better while in there.
    I’m not arguing with you. Jones is the safer bet for 2018, and that’s all that matters to me. I’m not interested in grooming a potentially better BACK UP. That’s why Dobbs is pretty much worthless, unless they can trade him. But everyone knows they are going to cut him. Unless...

They get a REALLY good trade offer for Landry Jones. Which they won’t.

Unless Dobbs gets INSTANTLY more dependable than Jones (before they make their cuts) Dobbs is gone. It isn’t even a story, even though people keep writing about it.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a brilliant future"> GoSlash27's Avatar

According to today's depth chart, Rudolph may be the guy on the bubble, not Dobbs. Jones is listed as #2, as I'd expect.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    According to today's depth chart, Rudolph may be the guy on the bubble, not Dobbs. Jones is listed as #2, as I'd expect.

Best,
    -Slashy
    ZERO chance the Steelers cut Rudolph...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    ZERO chance the Steelers cut Rudolph...
    not unless he kills someone or is busted for 5 pounds of dope in his trunk
    Websters definition of Arm Chair QB
    http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/image.php?u=1634&type=sigpic&dateline=1505961486

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Best,
    -Slashy
    Don't take depth charts seriously this time of the season. They do it because the league tells them to put it out.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute">

Best,
    -Slashy
    If Rudolph would be released, Ben’s “I knew this was a dumb pick” rant on his radio appearance/psychotherapy session the following Tuesday morning would be epic