Quote Originally Posted by Cyphon25 View Post
I know I wasn't involved but just from an outside perspective reading the conversation I thought you were using the wrong term. Granted I don't know if I am accurate or not but the impression I have is that an RPO (and specifically the running part of it) involves a running back running and not a QB. So pointing out Dobbs mobility in relation to RPO's seems irrelevant if that is the correct idea behind an RPO (again, I am not 100% sure on it). It is either you hand to the RB or throw a quick pass. The QB isn't supposed to be running. Dobbs mobility would be more suited to the college style option.
I agree, the point you make that is above in bold is what confused me as well.

If the QB has the option to keep or hand off and he determines that by reading the DE/OLB, then its a read option. RPO is where a QB like Nick Foles either hands off to the RB from pistol formation (run option), or keeps it to throw a quick slant, bubble screen or whatever quick pass option is called. IMO, read options are great to get your QB injured....just look at Bob Griffin's first 2 seasons with the Redskins to see that.