Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preseason Week 1: Steelers @ Eagles

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Preseason Week 1: Steelers @ Eagles

mason rudolph's first NFL pass is dropped.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

lost tv... tuning in here for play by play...

please help me out guys!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Dobbs is worthy enough to on a NFL roster as a developmental QB that can become a solid #2.

I like Dobbs. I know he makes mistakes, but he shows some playmaking ability. He's really firing the ball tonight. That throw to Patterson was terrific.

I wonder if Landry Jones has any trade value? He has the most experience, and he's shown that he can do some things coming in for Ben. That's also the reason most think that Dobbs is the odd man out, but I would be okay with Ben, Dobbs, and Rudolph going forward if they can get something for Jones in a trade. If Ben goes down, they aren't going anywhere. They may as well go with youth, upside, and some cap savings.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I like Dobbs. I know he makes mistakes, but he shows some playmaking ability. He's really firing the ball tonight. That throw to Patterson was terrific.

I wonder if Landry Jones has any trade value? He has the most experience, and he's shown that he can do some things coming in for Ben. That's also the reason most think that Dobbs is the odd man out, but I would be okay with Ben, Dobbs, and Rudolph going forward if they can get something for Jones in a trade. If Ben goes down, they aren't going anywhere. They may as well go with youth, upside, and some cap savings.
    LJ has the #2 spot locked up it seems. Hoping Dobbs can fetch a return.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The Eagles seemed to be moving, but stalled after the center snapped the ball over Qb's head to put them in long yardage situations.

They punt. Steelers take over at their 20.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

All the running backs are getting it done tonight. I like the way they are running and catching. They need to continue to get better at picking up blitzes so they can see the field more.

- - - Updated - - -

On a free play on an Eagles penalty, Rudolph throws one up for Washington who goes up to make a very good contested catch for a big gain. Steelers have first down at the Eagles 25.

- - - Updated - - -

Steelers settle for a field goal. They lead 28-14.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

We've got three WR's that are not scared to go up and get the ball at its highest point.

Washington is going to be special.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Nice game so far

Winning feels good. Even in preseason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

If Ben goes down for the season agreed - if Ben goes down for 2-4 games Jones is more likely to help keep the season afloat

Having a backup QB with no experience if the starter goes might work out as it did for the '76 Steelers, but an argument can be made that team had a little more talent elsewhere than this team

IMO with Bell gone after this season the Steelers are focused on now and not going to get aggressive on the backup QB since Ben usually misses a few games - but if Jones gets traded have plenty of popcorn available for Ben's response

Only followed game online but seems like a nice start to preseason

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    If Ben goes down for the season agreed - if Ben goes down for 2-4 games Jones is more likely to help keep the season afloat

Having a backup QB with no experience if the starter goes might work out as it did for the '76 Steelers, but an argument can be made that team had a little more talent elsewhere than this team

IMO with Bell gone after this season the Steelers are focused on now and not going to get aggressive on the backup QB since Ben usually misses a few games - but if Jones gets traded have plenty of popcorn available for Ben's response

Only followed game online but seems like a nice start to preseason
    it worked out well for the '04 Steelers as well.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    You beat me to it.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

True that

A. It wasn't your run of the mill backup with no starting experience, it was Ben

B. That team too had a lot of talent, and a much better defense

Another injury at guard but apparently it looked worse initially

Time for Munch to work his magic on the guard position (during the preseason

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    A. It wasn't your run of the mill backup with no starting experience, it was Ben

B. That team too had a lot of talent, and a much better defense
    Yep you are absolutely right on both counts. It really is a testament to how great Ben is. That year we crushed both the cheats and eggles in consecutive weeks both were undefeated at the time. This is why I say enjoy Ben while we can because he is someone Very Special.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Matakevich looked like he shouldn’t be any where near an NFL roster...like no where close...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Matakevich looked like he shouldn’t be any where near an NFL roster...like no where close...

I think Bostic started a little slow, but ended up making some nice plays reading the play and blowing it up in the backfield. Big Red didn't make anything happen and looked really bad on a few plays.....and he's the one that knows the defense and has been in the system.....not a good start for him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There was a play where Hargrave blew up Kielce and drove him back 5 yards and destroyed a run play. The back cut back to the left and Lil’ Red who should’ve been the back side backer was no where to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler