Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers to work out QB Levi Brown

Steelers to work out QB Levi Brown

Th Steelers will be bringing in QB Levi Brown for a workout this week. Brown was one of the final cuts by the Bills after beign drafted in the 7th round.

Levi Brown played at Troy...he is 6'3 239 lbs.

In 2008: He had 326 pass attempts...201 completions for 2030 yards. His completion rate was 61.7% and had 15 TD's and 3 interceptions for a QB rating of 127.31.

In 2009: He had 504 pass attempts...321 completions for 4254 yards. His fcompletion rate was 63.7% and had 23 TD's and 9 interceptions for a QB rating of 146.07.

His combine analysis was that he was slightly less impressive with his overall accuracy, but that he drove the ball with authority, showed good accuracy and zip on underneath routes. He also threw with good trajectory on the deeper routes. He consistently hit his man, but at times forced them to break stride...which accounts for the mark against his "overall" accuracy.

-LLT
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Re: Steelers to work out QB Levi Brown

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    Th Steelers will be bringing in QB Levi Brown for a workout this week. Brown was one of the final cuts by the Bills after beign drafted in the 7th round.

Levi Brown played at Troy...he is 6'3 239 lbs.

In 2008: He had 326 pass attempts...201 completions for 2030 yards. His completion rate was 61.7% and had 15 TD's and 3 interceptions for a QB rating of 127.31.

In 2009: He had 504 pass attempts...321 completions for 4254 yards. His fcompletion rate was 63.7% and had 23 TD's and 9 interceptions for a QB rating of 146.07.

His combine analysis was that he was slightly less impressive with his overall accuracy, but that he drove the ball with authority, showed good accuracy and zip on underneath routes. He also threw with good trajectory on the deeper routes. He consistently hit his man, but at times forced them to break stride...which accounts for the mark against his "overall" accuracy.

-LLT
    Anything would be good, cuz we do need the help AND a HEALTHY quarterback if it comes to this!
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

If he was cut by the Bills , can he be that good ? lol

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

<B>
    </B>
    He's a warm body.

Semi anonymous poster Array title="Kaeg is an unknown quantity at this point">

Maybe as an emergency, but I'd rather have Leftwich or Batch in there first for their experience with our offense rather than someone completely new. May as well check him out though.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Good to have an emergency QB with Lefty coming back (hopefully) after an injury and Botch being, well . . . Botch.

If the Steelers sign him, he'll have a very short stay but hey - a paycheck is a paycheck.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

I would imagine he will be put on the PS..."just in case"...that would give him some time to learn the playbook and get some reps.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Sorry Venom, you can't always expect to find filet mignon when your dumpster diving...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

SteelerSal

Watched him play a few games at Troy..I thought he looked halfway decent and it's not like he will actually see any playing time for us anyway.

SteelerSal

I hear that he can hand off to Mendy as good as Batch can.
    HMMM..I don't know. Batch is probably in the top 5 in QB to RB ball exchange. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    The bills have so many questions at QB that they didn't have the luxury of waiting for a Rookie to progress. They needed all three slots for Vets so that they could "hopefully" find a legit starter. As of now, they have Brian Brohm, Trent Edwards, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

-- Jack Lambert --

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSal View Post
    HMMM..I don't know. Batch is probably in the top 5 in QB to RB ball exchange. LOL

-- Jack Lambert --

Quest For 7 Array title="steelpride12 is a splendid one to behold"> steelpride12's Avatar

Hopefully an emergency QB we never have to put on the field. I wouldn't want a QB who got cut by the Bills to be behind the Steelers center.
    Missing you every day, thinking about the memories every moment, loving you every second Mom ♥ R.I.P. 1951-2011

"When you go out on the field and you're intense for 60 minutes, some guys don't want to do it. When I line up across from him, he has to do one of two things, he has to raise his level of play, or he's going to get his *** kicked all day"

- Greg Lloyd

Senior Member Array title="GodfatherofSoul is a jewel in the rough"> GodfatherofSoul's Avatar

Being on the Bills roster probably crushed his will to live.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

yeah but how long until he breaks a wrist?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

I heard Matt Leinhart needed a job?
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

Shenaniguy Array title="kmsteelerwr15 is on a distinguished road"> kmsteelerwr15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    I heard Matt Leinhart needed a job?
    No he's with the Texans so that means.......

Time to trade for Vick

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Why not Jeff Garcia? Would that be too expensive or something? We know he can still throw the ball and he sure as hell runs with no regard to his body. Dont remember that guy sliding very much. I just think that if our oline does not get some starters back for this week then Lefty is gonna get destroyed cuz he cant move...

Living Legend Array title="Dino 6 Rings has a spectacular aura about"> Dino 6 Rings's Avatar

Cause Garcia is a headcase. I never did care for the guy that much.
    SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have? Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Pats 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2, Bears 1, Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints 1, Hawks 1

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Venom,
    Who do you prefer under center in an emergency? Levi Brown or Antwaan Randle El?

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Whatever happened to Palko?
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Update:
    Coach Tomlin just released his Tuesday press conference. Sez he's not bringing aboard any additional QB's this week. He referred (half-jokingly) to several Steelers players as "options", including Antwaan Randle El, Arnaz Battle, and Hines Ward.

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Update:
    Coach Tomlin just released his Tuesday press conference. Sez he's not bringing aboard any additional QB's this week. He referred (half-jokingly) to several Steelers players as "options", including Antwaan Randle El, Arnaz Battle, and Hines Ward.
    Honestly, I'm fine with that.....Lefty is probably 90% (guessing of course) so I think that god forbid Batch goes down, he can hold the fort for a bit.

Honestly, I'm fine with that.....Lefty is probably 90% (guessing of course) so I think that god forbid Batch goes down, he can hold the fort for a bit.
    I think your right...this change of heart probably speaks volumes in regards to Lefty's availability this week.

-- Jack Lambert --

Coach Tomlin seems very comfortable with Lefty's health this week. Batch is favored because he's known to be 100%, but if Lefty comes through practice looking solid, he may get the start.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Coach Tomlin seems very comfortable with Lefty's health this week. Batch is favored because he's known to be 100%, but if Lefty comes through practice looking solid, he may get the start.

I hear that he can hand off to Mendy as good as Batch can.
    So can Bubba the Chimp and think of all the money the Steelers FO would save . . .

Senior Member Array title="memphissteelergirl is on a distinguished road"> memphissteelergirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    So can Bubba the Chimp and think of all the money the Steelers FO would save . . .

Now that's just mean, HTG!
    I wish to report a crime....Roger Goodell is killing the game of football!

Senior Member Array title="beSteelmyheart is on a distinguished road"> beSteelmyheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    Why not Jeff Garcia? Would that be too expensive or something? We know he can still throw the ball and he sure as hell runs with no regard to his body. Dont remember that guy sliding very much. I just think that if our oline does not get some starters back for this week then Lefty is gonna get destroyed cuz he cant move...
    I think Garcia went to the UFL (or whatever they call it) and I think he's more of a West Coast guy-don't know how much difference that would make.
    "Preparation makes you lucky" Chuck Noll