Thread: Steelers' Ward sworn into Asian-American council

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers' Ward sworn into Asian-American council

Wednesday, September 22, 2010
    By Daniel Malloy, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Matt Freed/Post-Gazette
    Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward was sworn in as a member of President Barack Obama's Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders yesterday.

WASHINGTON -- Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward has had plenty of speaking engagements in his time, but he said his appearance Tuesday before a packed auditorium in the U.S. Capitol was the toughest.
    Ward said he was nervous and humbled in brief remarks after being sworn in as a member of President Barack Obama's Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
    Born in Seoul, South Korea, to a Korean mother and African-American father, Ward said he endured taunts as a child and was often resentful of his mixed heritage. But he credited his mother because she "instilled in me a great attitude and appreciation for who I am."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10265...#ixzz10FgCFUcT

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Re: Steelers' Ward sworn into Asian-American council

Congrats Hines . Just becareful and don't get too close to Obama .