Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeff Fisher: Refs blew two calls in second half of Pittsburgh Steelers game

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Jeff Fisher: Refs blew two calls in second half of Pittsburgh Steelers game

Really, does anything need to be said?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Why do I have the urge to play the Peewee Herman dance music?
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play"

-- Jack Lambert --

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by LLT View Post
    In further news...after reviewing the game, the commissioner has agreed with Coach Fisher.

....and awarded the Patriots a first round draft choice next year.
    ...and tacked the 2 games back onto Big Ben's suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
    Jeff can go teach his grandmother to suck eggs.
    "I TOLD YOU I'D SHOOT, BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME?!?!"

Seriously, I've had enough of the whiny bitch syndrome that is currently permeating the league. Why can't you just admit you got outplayed and made WAY too many mistakes to ever deserve to win that game? Seven turnovers ...SEVEN!!!! How can, you in any realm of reality, try to make a case that the refs lost you that game? You ought to thank your lucky Goddamned stars you weren't EMBARRASSED and run the hell out of Tennessee on a rail by your own fan base!

Just like Ray Lewis, right or wrong about the calls, your QB threw four picks. Every team gets hosed from time to time, but you can't try to lay the loss at the zebra's feet when you completely shit the bed the entire game on offense. It might be different if it was a back and forth type of game where both teams played lights out and a bad call determined the outcome. You could feel some sympathy or outrage, but you had better have played one hell of a game to pull that card!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBus View Post
    "I TOLD YOU I'D SHOOT, BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME?!?!"
    The little critters of nature....they don't know that they're ugly!

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

How in the Hell did Stinky Wizzleteats never win a Grammy?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I like the idea of the Titans blaming the refs. The more energy they waste there, the less they can expend in improving their game.
    /Plus it keeps us under the radar

Senior Member Array title="solardave is an unknown quantity at this point">

"You say if that happened to (Tom) Brady or that happened to so-and-so or so-and-so there would have been seven flags on the field," Fisher said. "Why wasn't there one yesterday? I don't know. Maybe it was the heat."

Tom Brady is a pussy. That's why they throw the flag. It that were Ben there wouldn't be a flag either. Why should Troy be penalized for making a superb play? Sore LOOOOOSER!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shawn is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    "You say if that happened to (Tom) Brady or that happened to so-and-so or so-and-so there would have been seven flags on the field,"
    He is right about that; all Brady has to do is ask for a flag and he gets one. But he's pretty much the exception.

This is why Jeff Fisher isn't successful, he spends too much time deferring the blame rather than working on improving the team. Oh well, works for me. If I were a Titans fan I'd be going nuts that Jeff Fisher is trying to make excuses for why they lost. Can you imagine Tomlin whining like that?!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I know many people in TN who say the "refs were in the bag for the Steelers". I then explain the facts of life to them and they shut up.

Fischer is making it out like they got robbed when in fact, they got assaulted. I have not seen a beating like that since Ali vs. Frazier. "Frazier goes down! Frazier goes down!"

My suggestion to the other teams is to not disrespect the Steelers in any manner. Also say, "please" and "thank you" and shake hands after the game. Or you will be put on the "To Do List".
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

My suggestion to the other teams is to not disrespect the Steelers in any manner. Also say, "please" and "thank you" and shake hands after the game. Or you will be put on the "To Do List".
    Please, step on my Terrible Towel. Please.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Apparently every steeler victory is only because of the refs. Was it the refs fault their offense forced 7 turnovers? No. Was it the refs fault that the Titans allowed a kickoff return for a TD? No. Was it the refs fault that the Titans failed to create a bunch of turnovers? No. Would penalties on those two plays change the outcome? No. Case closed

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Apparently every steeler victory is only because of the refs. Was it the refs fault their offense forced 7 turnovers? No. Was it the refs fault that the Titans allowed a kickoff return for a TD? No. Was it the refs fault that the Titans failed to create a bunch of turnovers? No. Would penalties on those two plays change the outcome? No. Case closed
    Yep, that's the way that it is for the Steelers. They only win because of the Refs.

That play by Troy has been shown in slow motion by all of the networks and EVERYONE has said that he timed it perfectly. Fisher should go find something else to cry about.

Senior Member Array title="RushHard34 is an unknown quantity at this point">

I actually loved how the game was officiated, they really let them play. If there was a different crew out there, there would have been tons of personal fouls after the play was over with the tussling after many plays etc. Loved the officiating, thats how football is suppose to be played.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RushHard34 View Post
    I actually loved how the game was officiated, they really let them play. If there was a different crew out there, there would have been tons of personal fouls after the play was over with the tussling after many plays etc. Loved the officiating, thats how football is suppose to be played.
    For all of yinz who missed the 70s, that was something like the game before the Mel Blount rule.
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yes! Remember when Donnie Shell cracked Earl Campbell's ribs? That was a physical rivalry and it still is today.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    For all of yinz who missed the 70s, that was something like the game before the Mel Blount rule.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said the Steelers got away with at least a couple of penalties on Sunday.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison should have been flagged for body-slamming quarterback Vince Young in the third quarter, according to Fisher.

"You say if that happened to (Tom) Brady or that happened to so-and-so or so-and-so there would have been seven flags on the field," Fisher said. "Why wasn't there one yesterday? I don't know. Maybe it was the heat."

Fisher also said that Steelers safety Troy Polamalu should have been penalized near the end of the game when he jumped over offensive linemen to tackle quarterback Kerry Collins for a 1-yard loss.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...1/9210356/2196

Disco Sucks!!! Array title="SirHulka is an unknown quantity at this point"> SirHulka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Apparently every steeler victory is only because of the refs. Was it the refs fault their offense forced 7 turnovers? YES. Was it the refs fault that the Titans allowed a kickoff return for a TD? YES. Was it the refs fault that the Titans failed to create a bunch of turnovers? YES. Would penalties on those two plays change the outcome? YES. Case closed
    Fixed it for you.
    If you wish to live wisely, ignore sayings............ including this one.