Thread: The Real Power Rankings

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The Real Power Rankings

Enough of these ESPN and NFL.com power rankings... It's time for the real experts at Steelers Universe to rank the contenders.

Here are my top 10:

1. Eagles
    2. Patriots
    3. Steelers
    4. Vikings
    5. Rams
    6. Packers
    7. Saints
    8. Jaguars
    9. Falcons
    10. Texans

Unlike many, I am not a believer in the Jags. Bortles sucks and they drop back this year.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: The Real Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Enough of these ESPN and NFL.com power rankings... It's time for the real experts at Steelers Universe to rank the contenders.

Here are my top 10:

1. Eagles
    2. Patriots
    3. Steelers
    4. Vikings
    5. Rams
    6. Packers
    7. Saints
    8. Jaguars
    9. Falcons
    10. Texans

Unlike many, I am not a believer in the Jags. Bortles sucks and they drop back this year.
    Nice.

I am curious how many of the top 10 teams have a better offense/QB vs. their defense?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

1. Eagles
    2. Saints
    3. Rams
    4. Jags
    5. Steelers
    6. Chargers
    7. Falcons
    8. Patriots
    9. Bears
    10. Titans

I think the Vikings screwed up the QB position.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

1) Steelers ....

ok had to do that my fandom wouldn't have it any other way

now for the realist in me ..

1) Eagles - Champs until someone beats them , that said I do not think they are the best team , Hell I am not sure who their best QB really is Foles / Wentz or does it even matter in their system ?

2) Pats - as much as I throw up in my mouth a little saying it all they do is win , obviously the weak division aids them immensely year after year but Bill-I-Cheat always has his teams ready to play and they rarely look past anyone

3) Rams - has any team added more talent in talent deprived areas and given up less than the Rams this past off season ? its on paper but in this case I think it shows up in games too

4) Jags - that defense is FOR real , we pulled out every trick in the book played our asses off and still couldn't get the W , but they will go as far as their defense takes them and not a foot further

5) Steelers - partially see Jags and then ponder we fired the coach that called the game that scored all those points and kept the one that helped enable Bortles to get more ..

6) Falcons - really wanted to put the packers here but until I see that defense and how Rodgers responds to damned near a year off with injury I just cant

7) Vikes - Love the defense , but when you let 3 guys go at QB ( all of whom have started and won for you go ) and pay far more for 1 guy than the other 3 combined made in FA ..I think you shot yourself in the foot and over thought it , I see regression with Cousins

8) Chiefs - not on anyone else's list thus far , but they have some pieces hard to refute , perhaps the best RB in football ( def top 5) a great TE and speed on the outside at WR a young QB who knows no fear and will sling it and a pretty good def .this team could surprise a lot of folks

9) Packers- you can never count them out but there is a lot of questions marks for this team right now .. Nelson gone, Rodgers post injury and nearly a year off , no lock starter at RB ( 3 battling for 1 job but that might be a good thing ) and the defense ? ummm we will see

10) Texans / Titans - pickem
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I don't see the Bengals, Browns or Raiders on those lists.
    All Defense!

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

Here are my top 10:

1. Eagles
    2. Patriots
    3. Steelers
    4. Vikings
    5. Rams
    6. Packers
    7. Saints
    8. Jaguars
    9. Falcons
    10. Texans

My mind works pretty much the same way except for the Jags. Because of Tom Coughlin I have them higher.