Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who is the Most Hated Steeler of All-Time?

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Who is the Most Hated Steeler of All-Time?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Shipley’s been the starter for the Cards the two seasons, so he must be doing something right.
    I don't think you got the sarcastic overtone of the comment.... For a guy drafted in 2009, Shipley was passed around the league until he finally won a starter job in Arizona around seven years later. Okobi sat as the pre-eminent starter in waiting for years until his turn came and they finally decided he wasn't that good. He also went to the Cardinals. Not a surprise destination for Steelers cast offs. Both were still probably better than Mahan...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a brilliant future"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Does this matter practically?

If he ever makes the HOF he’d go in as a Steeler. And the Steelers can always put him in their ring of honor, I assume. Kind of cold that they are ALREADY reassigning his number though. I don’t like that. Maybe eventually you give 92 away, but not the next year.

Just his one play... that PICK/TD run in the Super Bowl alone wins him ELITE Steelers honors in my book.
    Hollywood,
    I agree with all of this. No, it doesn't matter practically. I just think it's a show of respect and appreciation for his contributions over the years. Perhaps a morale booster for the rest of the team; a way to say "no matter what, when you are a Steeler, it's for life".

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    I don't think you got the sarcastic overtone of the comment.... For a guy drafted in 2009, Shipley was passed around the league until he finally won a starter job in Arizona around seven years later. Okobi sat as the pre-eminent starter in waiting for years until his turn came and they finally decided he wasn't that good. He also went to the Cardinals. Not a surprise destination for Steelers cast offs. Both were still probably better than Mahan...
    I have NO doubt.