Thread: NFL Admits Hit That Broke Aaron Rodgers' Collarbone Played Role in Rule Change

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

NFL Admits Hit That Broke Aaron Rodgers' Collarbone Played Role in Rule Change

​Aaron Rodgers got clobbered last year in Week 7, and the hit broke his collarbone. Yeah, we haven't forgotten about that.

The hit that came from Vikings OL Anthony Barr ended with all of Barr's body weight landing on Rodgers, which ultimately broke his collarbone.

The NFL then went on to make a rule that your hit, on a QB specifically, cannot end with all of your body weight on him..............

Read more @ https://www.12up.com/posts/6134083-n...partners/43790

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Re: NFL Admits Hit That Broke Aaron Rodgers' Collarbone Played Role in Rule Change

That didn't matter when Siragusa body slammed Gannon and basically ruined his career. The NFL gets worse every year. It's damned near unwatchable anymore.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: NFL Admits Hit That Broke Aaron Rodgers' Collarbone Played Role in Rule Change

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    That didn't matter when Siragusa body slammed Gannon and basically ruined his career. The NFL gets worse every year. It's damned near unwatchable anymore.
    Others agree

Hard-hitting safety Andrew Sendejo is directing an unmistakable message toward the NFL via a play on a popular political slogan.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    ​Aaron Rodgers got clobbered last year in Week 7, and the hit broke his collarbone. Yeah, we haven't forgotten about that.

The hit that came from Vikings OL Anthony Barr ended with all of Barr's body weight landing on Rodgers, which ultimately broke his collarbone.

The NFL then went on to make a rule that your hit, on a QB specifically, cannot end with all of your body weight on him..............

Read more @ https://www.12up.com/posts/6134083-n...partners/43790

The NFL then went on to make a rule that your hit, on a QB specifically, cannot end with all of your body weight on him.
    Wait a minute, I thought this was already a rule? I

I thought Jason Worilds was flagged for a hit on Matt Ryan before or even Deebo hitting a Raider QB and getting flagged for landing with all his weight?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Landing with all your weight on a QB has been a rule for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I knew that was a rule have seen it called many times. Not sure why all the fuss now that it happened to Rodgers...maybe it was only selectively enforced?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I knew that was a rule have seen it called many times. Not sure why all the fuss now that it happened to Rodgers...maybe it was only selectively enforced?
    True. Like everything else in this league.