Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaner Roethlisberger seeks another title for Steelers

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Re: Leaner Roethlisberger seeks another title for Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Heard someone say once that professional sports is race between your peak physical abilities (20's), your ability to play the game well (your 30's), your ability to understand how to specifically tune your body to excel at your best skills (again learned over time), and the inevitable erosion of physical skills.

Put it another way - young and dumb may be rocked up up and lean but older and wiser can shape their body to best suit their needs.
    That's life in a nutshell.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    ......and some day maybe you will understand my questions.
    Ah huh.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

A Jason LaConfora article on his visit to Latrobe includes this compliment (with a bit of shade regarding Ben's conditioning in other summers) from Colbert on Ben being more fit this summer

"He was leading the pack in the conditioning test," Colbert told me, "whereas sometimes in years past he didn't even do the conditioning test, whether he was coming off some type of lower body injury, or a veteran distinction. But I think he insisted on doing it, and he did great. He was leading the pack, and that's always good to see."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...-more-chatter/

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    It depends on the position. A QB doesn't have to be in the same shape as a WR or DB. Ben simply had to be strong physically, have a powerful arm, and enough stamina to escape the pocket and run a few yards, then get back in the huddle and do it again.

That's not the same level of "being in shape" that a WR, RB, or TE needs. In fact, it just might be that Ben's not being in tip-top shape extended his career because he had the extra padding to take some of the hits that were delivered to him over the years.
    I think of Favre in his later years. I feel like he went from being in ok shape to really stepping up his conditioning. Now, after retirement, he's a freaking beast. Maybe Ben will take the same approach?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    I think of Favre in his later years. I feel like he went from being in ok shape to really stepping up his conditioning. Now, after retirement, he's a freaking beast. Maybe Ben will take the same approach?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    I didn't know Dan Haggerty aka Grizzly Adams played for the Packers?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Old Man Favre looks like he became the village blacksmith in his retirement.

Constant source of amusement here in Wisco how super-jacked Favre looks now. Half think he is bored and just lifts all day, half think he has aided his transformation.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Constant source of amusement here in Wisco how super-jacked Favre looks now. Half think he is bored and just lifts all day, half think he has aided his transformation.
    Maybe he traded in his painkiller prescriptions for Testosterone or HGH?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Maybe he traded in his painkiller prescriptions for Testosterone or HGH?
    That's one of the leading theories. Either that or all those Wrangler jeans and copper bracelets really work!

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

I'd buy either one, or both, but if I had to pick I'd take the former.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

This whole Ben is losing it or being carried by his teammates stuff is getting out of hand.

How can anyone watch the playoff loss to the Jaguars when he went up against the best defense in football and even begin to think he isn't a great quarterback anymore? Some keep commenting on that game and keep saying that his weapons made great individual plays. In other words....they bailed Ben out.

Again I go back to the legendary Tom Brady and have to watch Julian Edelman catch a ball that bounces off of three people and he catches it off of someone's ass and legs on 4th down to keep a drive going that wins them a Super Bowl...….and Brady's legacy gets greater and he is the GOAT that just keeps getting better. Ben only gets questioned and downgraded.

The absolute bullshit double standard that the media has, and the need to kiss the asses of certain players over others has gotten so bad that it's difficult to even watch studio programming with analysts anymore. It's almost at the point where they decide who's in the HOF....who's out. They gift wrap a HOF pass to nearly everyone that works at NFL Network. If they decide that a player doesn't kiss the rings enough or isn't the media darling they desire....they get downgraded across the board by nearly everyone with a microphone in front of them.

The media is turning NFL football into the Hunger Games where they control much of the action, the message, and what everyone should think.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    This whole Ben is losing it or being carried by his teammates stuff is getting out of hand.

How can anyone watch the playoff loss to the Jaguars when he went up against the best defense in football and even begin to think he isn't a great quarterback anymore? Some keep commenting on that game and keep saying that his weapons made great individual plays. In other words....they bailed Ben out.

Again I go back to the legendary Tom Brady and have to watch Julian Edelman catch a ball that bounces off of three people and he catches it off of someone's ass and legs on 4th down to keep a drive going that wins them a Super Bowl...….and Brady's legacy gets greater and he is the GOAT that just keeps getting better. Ben only gets questioned and downgraded.

The absolute bullshit double standard that the media has, and the need to kiss the asses of certain players over others has gotten so bad that it's difficult to even watch studio programming with analysts anymore. It's almost at the point where they decide who's in the HOF....who's out. They gift wrap a HOF pass to nearly everyone that works at NFL Network. If they decide that a player doesn't kiss the rings enough or isn't the media darling they desire....they get downgraded across the board by nearly everyone with a microphone in front of them.

The media is turning NFL football into the Hunger Games where they control much of the action, the message, and what everyone should think.
    if the words football wasnt in this I would swear you where talking about CNN , but I digress

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    For fantasy purposes it is true. The problem is that many football outlets have conflated fantasy stats and real NFL games. For instance, Garapollo is almost certainly going to pile up yards and touchdowns but won’t win many games. So for fantasy counting stats he’ll be great. For making the playoffs not so much.