Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Eli Rogers signs with Steelers

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

UPDATE: Eli Rogers signs with Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers will report to Saint Vincent College in Latrobe on Wednesday for the start of their 2018 training camp and it’s beginning to look more and more like wide receiver Eli Rogers won’t be on the initial 90-man roster come that time.

According to a Saturday morning report by Adam Schefter of ESPN, Rogers, who has spent the last three seasons with the Steelers after being originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Louisville, is scheduled to work out Sunday for the Kansas City Chiefs. Rogers was not restricted tendered by the Steelers this offseason due to his injury.

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/0...d-with-chiefs/
    Last edited by stillers4me; 07-26-2018 at 05:34 AM. Reason: The story CHANGED. Please make new threads and let the old ones die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Former Steelers WR Eli Rogers Has Workout Scheduled With Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers will report to Saint Vincent College in Latrobe on Wednesday for the start of their 2018 training camp and it’s beginning to look more and more like wide receiver Eli Rogers won’t be on the initial 90-man roster come that time.

According to a Saturday morning report by Adam Schefter of ESPN, Rogers, who has spent the last three seasons with the Steelers after being originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Louisville, is scheduled to work out Sunday for the Kansas City Chiefs. Rogers was not restricted tendered by the Steelers this offseason due to his injury.

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/0...d-with-chiefs/
    Meh. I like Eli Rogers, but am not really disturbed if he leaves. Somewhere along the line, another youngish WR that runs decent routes will emerge on the Steelers 90 man or get cut loose by another team. Additionally, if they are actually serious about given Q Henderson a shot, then he and Eli would be slotted for the same role.

THe biggest negative is the WR corps is shaping up to be really inexperienced. But I keep worrying about that and it keeps not mattering.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He never took the next step last year and faded to black................

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Apparently not coming back well after his injury. I hope he catches on somewhere, as its a shame to see a guy like him have his career cut short by injury. He was an emerging slot WR.

I think Marcus Tucker has a chance, but only if they keep 6WR. Brown, JuJu, Washington, Hunter and DHB are the likely top 5.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Apparently not coming back well after his injury. I hope he catches on somewhere, as its a shame to see a guy like him have his career cut short by injury. He was an emerging slot WR.

I think Marcus Tucker has a chance, but only if they keep 6WR. Brown, JuJu, Washington, Hunter and DHB are the likely top 5.
    I know I say it every year but I believe this is the year DHB goes ...

sure he is a ST guy but with all the new S added I think we got that role covered Berhe is a quality ST player and I think we will come to find out so is Marcus Allen
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rogers, supposedly, has workouts scheduled with Oakland and Cleveland as well. A receiving Corp of Eli Rogers, Martavis Bryant and Amari Cooper doesn’t sound terrible if Rogers is healthy and Bryant stays straight. But a Gordon, Landry, Coleman and Rogers could arguably be one of the best in the league...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

sure he is a ST guy but with all the new S added I think we got that role covered Berhe is a quality ST player and I think we will come to find out so is Marcus Allen
    I agree with you, I say it every year but Tomlin's most favorite players in the NFL are Mike Vick and DHB. I just don't see him not making the 53 man roster despite younger players being able to deliver the skills that he brings to the team.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

DHB is tougher to kill than Michael Myers.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    DHB is tougher to kill than Michael Myers.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Just because I made a 40 year old reference doesn't mean I'm old...………..Ok......yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Just because I made a 40 year old reference doesn't mean I'm old...………..Ok......yes it does.

you're not alonein the old age department

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    But a Gordon, Landry, Coleman and Rogers could arguably be one of the best in the league...
    Add Saquon Barkley to the mix, and the Browns have the best complimentary skill players in the NFL.

Oh... right.

way off topic but speaking of Cleveland ... I still can not believe they didn't take Bradley Chubb at 4 ...what a pair of bookends they would have if they would have ...

but the browns being the browns , didnt take the best QB when they had the #1 over all pick and didnt take the best player on the board ( and perhaps in the draft ) when he was there at pick 4 ....

so once again they screwed up not once but twice in the first round ... talk about deja vu

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

way off topic but speaking of Cleveland ... I still can not believe they didn't take Bradley Chubb at 4 ...what a pair of bookends they would have if they would have ...

but the browns being the browns , didnt take the best QB when they had the #1 over all pick and didnt take the best player on the board ( and perhaps in the draft ) when he was there at pick 4 ....

so once again they screwed up not once but twice in the first round ... talk about deja vu
    As an analyst stated during the draft:

The best two players in the draft went #2 & #3... but, unfortunately for the Browns, they were selecting #1 & #4.”

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    As an analyst stated during the draft:

The best two players in the draft went #2 & #3... but, unfortunately for the Browns, they were selecting #1 & #4.”

Whoops!!!

That should have said #2 (Barkley) and #5 (Chubb).

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Marcus Tucker now has his shot to make the 53 as a slot receiver.

Question now is who will return punts? Rogers took over last season for AB and looked well. So Quadree Henderson has a chance.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

JuJu is going to be an excellent slot receiver. I think it could be AB and Washington outside, and JuJu in the slot much of the time. Having JuJu in the slot also gives them a big, physical player that can help block in the running game. Larry Fitzgerald rejuvenated his career by moving into the slot and playing that physical role with the Cardinals.

I love the top 3 WR and believe they will be dynamite when Washington gets completely up to speed.

I wish Rogers the best. It sucks when a player gets a major injury and has to fight through that to regain employment at a reduced rate.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

At this point, if we keep DHB, we're basically carrying four receivers because his days as a legitimate WR are long gone.

Nonetheless, I am convinced that's exactly what we'll do. Better hope nobody gets hurt ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Whoops!!!

That should have said #2 (Barkley) and #5 (Chubb).
    I'm glad the Browns were too stupid to draft Chubb. Adding him could have made Cleveland's D-Line downright scary

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

AB, JuJu, Hunter, DHB, Washington, Tucker, J. Thomas, Quad, and Tevin Jones. Out of these 9 names, yes I would keep DHB. Quad is only 5'8" and sub 200lbs. We already know who Justin Hunter is on the football field. Thomas and Tucker are a couple smaller guys that have some experience in this offense but they didn't beat out Rogers before. I'm somewhat familiar with Tevin Jones because he played for my school but I don't expect anything eye popping. Unless I'm missing a piece DHB currently has that 6th roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    AB, JuJu, Hunter, DHB, Washington, Tucker, J. Thomas, Quad, and Tevin Jones. Out of these 9 names, yes I would keep DHB. Quad is only 5'8" and sub 200lbs. We already know who Justin Hunter is on the football field. Thomas and Tucker are a couple smaller guys that have some experience in this offense but they didn't beat out Rogers before. I'm somewhat familiar with Tevin Jones because he played for my school but I don't expect anything eye popping. Unless I'm missing a piece DHB currently has that 6th roster spot.
    honestly Hunter has more upside than DHB at this juncture considering he is not needed for ST with the additions of Marcus Allen and Berhe ...DHB best asset was speed , speed I am not so sure he possesses at this juncture ( 31 + ) Hunter is much younger & more talented on paper .... push come to shove I do not want the game riding on the ability of either of them having to make a play because they likely will drop the ball .... so there is that

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I'm glad the Browns were too stupid to draft Chubb. Adding him could have made Cleveland's D-Line downright scary
    Yep. Garrett & Chubb would have been the best pass-rushing duo in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Yep. Garrett & Chubb would have been the best pass-rushing duo in the NFL.
    now it may very well be Von Miller & Chubb...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Indeed... but, thankfully we don’t have to play them twice per season.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    will be interesting to see who the Bronco let go of , they are absolutely LOADED at OLB

Chubb
    Jewell
    Barrett
    Miller
    Ray
    Williams

and others

cant keep me all

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

will be interesting to see who the Bronco let go of , they are absolutely LOADED at OLB

Chubb
    Jewell
    Barrett
    Miller
    Ray
    Williams
    they'll probably slide Jewell to ILB...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Chubb
    Jewell
    Barrett
    Miller
    Ray
    Williams

and others

cant keep me all
    Ray is likely out due to injury, ineffectiveness, and the fact that they declined his 5th year option.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/10302/shane-ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ray is likely out due to injury, ineffectiveness, and the fact that they declined his 5th year option.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/10302/shane-ray

Bud Dupree like numbers meh

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I forgot about Henderson. He could be the final WR to make the 53 and get punt and kickoff duties(although the kickoff is rarely returned these days).