Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB possible Madden Cover

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

AB possible Madden Cover

I think this was posted by accident. Lol. I don’t buy into the whole superstition thing. Brady was on cover last year worked out for him last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: AB possible Madden Cover

Yes he is indeed on the cover of Madden. He will be on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Thursday, I'll assume it will be announced then.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

I thought for sure it was going to be Le'Veon Bell.

SUMMATION:

all threads will eventually turn into Le'Veon Bell ones.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

SUMMATION:

I see what you did there!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I remember when Troy and Fitz shared the cover after SB XLIII. Troy missed most of '09 due to injuries and our season went into the toilet.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Madden Curse

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

SUMMATION:

Not true. The Le'Veon Bell thread is about Tom Brady.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Madden Curse
    Myth.

Madden 18 with Brady: Won MVP
    Madden 17 with Gronk: He got hurt but he has always dealt with injuries.
    Madden 16 with OBJ: 2nd team all pro. 1,450 yards rec, 14 TD's.
    Madden 15 with Sherman: First team All Pro

I could continue.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Not true. The Le'Veon Bell thread is about Tom Brady.
    That’s funny right there. who is in charge of this place anyway?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Myth.

Madden 18 with Brady: Won MVP
    Madden 17 with Gronk: He got hurt but he has always dealt with injuries.
    Madden 16 with OBJ: 2nd team all pro. 1,450 yards rec, 14 TD's.
    Madden 15 with Sherman: First team All Pro

I could continue.
    The Curse is real. You could continue, but one can list more times The Curse has arisen and all you did there was show the law of averages is going to get AB...2000-2012, 12 players were bitten. 2013 to 2018, 2 more were bitten. so in 19 years, 14 players were cursed...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I remember when Troy and Fitz shared the cover after SB XLIII. Troy missed most of '09 due to injuries and our season went into the toilet.
    Beat me to it.

Peyton Hillis was cursed by being on the Stains so does he really count?

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-b...-drew-brees-13

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The Curse is real. You could continue, but one can list more times The Curse has arisen and all you did there was show the law of averages is going to get AB...2000-2012, 12 players were bitten. 2013 to 2018, 2 more were bitten. so in 19 years, 14 players were cursed...lol.
    Most Madden cover athletes were selected after peak season that they were never likely to hit again. Not buying the curse.

But I'll continue to list more since I'm bored.

Madden 14 with Peterson: Came off his amazing 2000 yard rushing season, but missed all but one game due to his child abuse charges. Does doing something illegal as a curse? not sure I would go there. (Madden 14 was actually called Madden 25 with Barry Sanders on the cover, but AP was on the version that came on the next gen consoles which were Xbox One and PS4)
    Madden 13, Calvin Johnson: Recorded 1,964 yards receiving yards with 122 catches.
    Madden 12, Payton Hillis: The guy was a full back with no vision, he was no doubt a one hit wonder.
    Madden 11, Drew Bress: Had a career high 22 INT's so I can see why they claim he was cursed, but he's had seasons before were he came close to 20 interceptions. So again not seeing the "curse"
    Madden 10, Polamalu and Fitzgerald. Troy missed 11 games but his play style brought those consequences. Fitz went on to have a All Pro season

Found this opinion from https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-madden-curse/

such superstitions are in a sense inevitable. Players are generally selected for honors when they’re at the pinnacles of their careers — when continued excellence has become the expected norm, and when anything less is considered disappointing. There’s nowhere to go from such lofty heights but down: Every player is subject to injury (especially in a contact sport such as football), all athletes eventually experience the decline of their skills with age (if injuries don’t prematurely end their careers first), and even top performers are not immune to having off-years or making occasional blunders in crucial game situations. “Bad luck” happens to just about everyone sooner or later, but we only take especial note of it when it seems to fit a pattern.
    I think it's good to look deeper into the Madden cover athletes.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

AB possible Madden Cover

The curse is a curse...doesn’t matter how or why it occurs...lol. There are very few who have beaten it!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Adrian Peterson’s son says that there is no curse... right dad... I said it right dad... right.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Don't believe in curses? it's all good, but I can say as a Steeler fan I am very superstitious. I kind of believe the Steelers organization are superstitious as well.

Why do we only have our logo on the right side of the helmet? What about the Terrible Towel?

I am not knocking those who don't believe, just sayin that as a fan I am very superstitious. I don't like tempting fate, but it is what it is. Wishing AB the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Adrian Peterson’s son says that there is no curse... right dad... I said it right dad... right.
    Lol

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

I like this one.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Don't believe in curses? it's all good, but I can say as a Steeler fan I am very superstitious. I kind of believe the Steelers organization are superstitious as well.

Why do we only have our logo on the right side of the helmet? What about the Terrible Towel?

I am not knocking those who don't believe, just sayin that as a fan I am very superstitious. I don't like tempting fate, but it is what it is. Wishing AB the very best.
    you don't find being superstitious to be illogical?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

you don't find being superstitious to be illogical?
    Most aren’t. There’s no factual basis to them.

But, I’m not about to talk to a pitcher who’s throwing a no hitter.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I would rather be lucky than good because if you are lucky you don't have to be good, but if you are good you still have to be lucky. "Lefty Gomez"

You think seven years is bad luck for breaking a mirror?

Try breaking a condom...

Madden Mobile 17 had Gronk on it (injured), Von Miller on it (worst season of career statistically), AB on cover (injured).

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Madden Mobile 17 had Gronk on it (injured), Von Miller on it (worst season of career statistically), AB on cover (injured).
    Gronk has always dealt with injuries. The guy wears multiple braces during games.

Von Miller still got double digit sacks, and posted 61 QB hurries to lead all edge rushers. Also made 2nd team All-Pro

AB also got hurt last year at the end of the season....players get hurt in football.
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 07-31-2018 at 01:01 PM.

AB possible Madden Cover

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Gronk has always dealt with injuries. The guy wears multiple braces during games.

Von Miller still got double digit sacks, and posted 61 QB hurries to lead all edge rushers. Also made 2nd team All-Pro

AB also got hurt last year at the end of the season....players get hurt in football.
    Right...all on the Madden Mobile Cover...much more than just some coincidence...AB was fine until he hit the cover.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I watched this when it aired on Jimmy Kimmel and watched Antonio's kids more than I watched him.

LeVeon will be on next week to promote his EP!!

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

And the curse begins...