Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Le'Veon Bell, Steelers fail to reach long-term deal ahead of deadline

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell, Steelers fail to reach long-term deal ahead of deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Todd Gurley had more rushing yards, receiving yards, rushing TDs, receiving TDs, a better YPC, and a better yards per reception than Le'Veon Bell last year. He's also three years younger. In Summation , Le'Veon Bell may have messed up.
    My thoughts as well. Bell May have passed up the most money he’s going to see by not accepting the Steelers offer. Not only does he have to stay healthy this year, but he’s going to have to put produce Gurley in order to justify getting that type of contract next year. Where it could be possible, the added difficulty of having AB on the roster isn’t going to help. He’d better pray that that Madden Curse kicks in so he gets the bulk of the balls...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    My thoughts as well. Bell May have passed up the most money he’s going to see by not accepting the Steelers offer. Not only does he have to stay healthy this year, but he’s going to have to put produce Gurley in order to justify getting that type of contract next year. Where it could be possible, the added difficulty of having AB on the roster isn’t going to help. He’d better pray that that Madden Curse kicks in so he gets the bulk of the balls...lol
    Sorry dude, Tom Brady already takes the majority of those. Right to the chin, if you know what I mean.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    What makes him assume that Bell is going to get more than Gurley? I'm not so sure he will. Either way, I'm glad that it won't be the Steelers paying it.
    If they could not get a deal done in 2 years, I think its unlikely that Bell gets one done next year with the Steelers. I do agree that Bell being older than Gurley with more carries might not get what Gurley got, but I still think somebody is gonna overpay him. They did with Mike Wallace and I too am glad the Steelers haven't overpaid long term for Bell.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Sorry dude, Tom Brady already takes the majority of those. Right to the chin, if you know what I mean.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Bell reacts as Gurley sets new standard for RB contracts

Omnisport
    Jul 24, 2018

Todd Gurley's contract extension with the Los Angeles Rams unsurprisngly attracted the attention of Le'Veon Bell following his latest failed attempt to get a long-term deal from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Gurley and the Rams agreed to a four-year extension worth $60million on Tuesday that has set the standard for Bell, and running backs across the NFL, as he seeks a lucrative contract of his own.

Bell congratulated Gurley and posted a tweet poking fun at those who believe his desire to earn a contract worth $17m annually is far-fetched.

He wrote of Gurley's deal: "And ppl [sic] thought I was trippin [sic]?..."

to read rest of article:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bell-reacts...3.html?src=rss

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Todd Gurley's contract extension with the Los Angeles Rams unsurprisngly attracted the attention of Le'Veon Bell following his latest failed attempt to get a long-term deal from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Gurley and the Rams agreed to a four-year extension worth $60million on Tuesday that has set the standard for Bell, and running backs across the NFL, as he seeks a lucrative contract of his own.

Bell congratulated Gurley and posted a tweet poking fun at those who believe his desire to earn a contract worth $17m annually is far-fetched.

He wrote of Gurley's deal: "And ppl [sic] thought I was trippin [sic]?..."

They actually already offered you more than that and you turned it down AGAIN, you meathead.

Like I said, wasn't signing at any price. He just loves the money drama spotlight too much.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

It's all about the guaranteed money.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Also, the Rams need to pay their best player already. Aaron Donald is getting disrespected.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    It's all about the guaranteed money.
    Because you know I'm all about that guaranteed money,
    'Bout that guaranteed money, cuz I run like a bunny
    I'm all 'bout that guaranteed money, 'bout that guaranteed money, no honey

We gon' take it to a whole another level
    We know that Steelers offer ain't real
    And ppl thought I was trippin
    but I knew it wasn't a good deal

We know I run like a bunny,
    'Cause you know I'm all about that guaranteed money,
    'Bout that guaranteed money, no honey

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

AFAIK this guy would have been paid $33M if he played 2 seasons. For someone who's taking such a gamble by not signing and hoping for a bigger contract, he seems to awfully be unwilling to bet on himself to produce for 2 years.

Something shady about the guy, I wouldn't be surprised if some other team offers him a bunch of guaranteed money, and then he pulls a Julio Jones by holding out after he gets paid his guaranteed cash