Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Big Ben

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Big Ben

David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Ben Roethlisberger

His list of the top-10 signal-callers in the NFL omits the Steelers QB. Fair or not?

ADAM BITTNER
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    JUN 25, 2018

Is Ben Roethlisberger over the hill?

The Steelers’ quarterback has come down on both sides of that question over the past year, but NFL.com’s David Carr seems pretty confident that the 36-year-old’s teammates are carrying him at this point in his career.

The former NFL signal-caller — best known as the Houston Texans’ first-ever draft pick back in 2002 — produced his list of the league’s top 10 quarterbacks over the weekend, and Roethlisberger surprisingly wasn’t on it despite his pair of Super Bowl wins. The reason?

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201806250114

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Big Ben

David Carr is a washed up former 1st Round bust that obviously has zero idea what he's talking about. Yes Ben has a lot of talent around him, but when Jones comes in to take over for Ben whether it's due to injury, or they're sitting the starters there is a noticeable drop off at the QB position. Ben elevates the guys around him. Just like Peyton Manning, Favre, Brees, Brady, or any other great QB does.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'm sorry I clicked on it.

That's the kind of stuff that washed-up failures say to try to secure a long future of collecting checks for giving hot takes. That's a ridiculous statement from a guy that used to play the position and knows better.

The players voted Roethlisberger the #18 player in the entire league, and he still may be underrated.

Not a Top 10 quarterback...……..

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Did Ben hurt Carr's feelings at one point?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

Steelers, Cowboys, & Taperiots = easy ratings

Expect someone on NFL Network to rip Dak Prescott next... followed tomorrow by a piece asking, “Is Tom Brady too old?”

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Clickbait

Carr ranked his brother at #4

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Fire Ben!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Cobie Hamilton really carried Ben in the playoffs...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Cobie Hamilton really carried Ben in the playoffs...lol

It's not often a quarterback is lucky enough to have one player drop 3 touchdown passes and a 2-point conversion in one playoff game.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    That never gets old.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Is Carr trying to get ratings or become a talking head? If he is the first thing he should consider is thinking of something intelligent to say before opening his mouth.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

PFFFFTTTT!!! Really who cares what David Carr thinks???

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Is Carr trying to get ratings or become a talking head? If he is the first thing he should consider is thinking of something intelligent to say before opening his mouth.
    Not a job requirement for Carr at NFL Network, where one of his co-workers is Michael Irvin

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Has he actually watched a Steelers game? By reading the garbage he wrote, I think not!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Lol David Carr one of the biggest draft busts of all time

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Lol David Carr one of the biggest draft busts of all time
    That is exactly why Stephen A Smith laughed off the comments this morning and I agree. Former #1 overall pick and bust is commenting like this on a future HOF QB with 2 Super Bowl wins??

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Jerry Rice carried Joe Montana too........

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

these analysts remind me of weathermen. You tune in thinking they know what they are talking about, maybe because they believe it but there is zero accountability. Jimmy G is anointed 10 spot after 6 or 7 starts in the league. He may be great some day but right now come on. Carson Wentz off list, shit go ahead and put Sam Darnold on there. Im running out of channels to watch, you cant really take the guy seriously from here on out after that list.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    these analysts remind me of weathermen. You tune in thinking they know what they are talking about, maybe because they believe it but there is zero accountability. Jimmy G is anointed 10 spot after 6 or 7 starts in the league. He may be great some day but right now come on. Carson Wentz off list, shit go ahead and put Sam Darnold on there. Im running out of channels to watch, you cant really take the guy seriously from here on out after that list.

Most of these analysts are showing personal bias, or are just saying things to stir everyone up and attract attention to themselves.

For years, all the quarterbacks who couldn't move in the pocket would kill Ben for "not playing on schedule". What that really meant is that all the guys that couldn't do what Ben was capable of would try to knock him down to make themselves look better and smarter. Now that he plays more from the pocket, he's a product of the talent around him......and he's still winning.

It has always amazed me that so many people hate Ben and love to trash him, but fall all over themselves drooling when talking about guys like Ray Lewis.

I know it's what these guys get paid to do, but much of what they say is less informed and more biased than what we say here.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Well, they will be this year—right off the field while he's carrying the Lombardi trophy.
    Well played.

/thread

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

What if Ben was carrying his teammates.

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Most of these analysts are showing personal bias, or are just saying things to stir everyone up and attract attention to themselves.

For years, all the quarterbacks who couldn't move in the pocket would kill Ben for "not playing on schedule". What that really meant is that all the guys that couldn't do what Ben was capable of would try to knock him down to make themselves look better and smarter. Now that he plays more from the pocket, he's a product of the talent around him......and he's still winning.

It has always amazed me that so many people hate Ben and love to trash him, but fall all over themselves drooling when talking about guys like Ray Lewis.

I know it's what these guys get paid to do, but much of what they say is less informed and more biased than what we say here.
    Exactly! All you have to do to judge these guys is listen to the players that have to defend him. Not one of them say that he is a player being carried by the talent around him. Hell, Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis always talk about how good he is and how tough of a competitor he is. When your adversaries sing praises about you, you're doing just fine.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

if only Ben watched more film and was a better leader like Peyton

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    if only Ben watched more film and was a better leader like Peyton
    You really felt the need to go there?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    You really felt the need to go there?

He can't help himself!