Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Big Ben

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Re: David Carr thinks the Steelers' stars are carrying Big Ben

When I first caught wind of this I was like David Carr really? Draft bust and, not only that ranking his brother to #4 in his current rankings SHOCKER! LOL I would just like to mention like at the games without Ben? It was painful to watch and, I know Mark Madden made the comment AB goes into witness protection program when Ben does not play!!! Ben is still of the best QB's in the game end of story.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Sorry David Ben can't hear you because he has to Superbowl Ringing in his ears.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Jerry Rice carried Joe Montana too........
    and John Taylor, and Brent Jones, and Roger Craig, and a top tier OL. 49ers team in the Montana era was ridiculously stacked as well, but for some reason since it's Old Joe he gets all the credit.

Joe did have the best WR of all-time, and Craig in his prime was pretty much a carbon copy of Bell (bigger rb who was the best pass protecting RB and receiving back in the league). Jones was a pro bowl / all-pro tight end, and Taylor was as good a #2 wr you can get.

One could realistically argue that the late 80's 49ers offense was more stacked than the current Steelers team, Ben doesn't have an all-pro tight end. Ben definitely deserves credit, not only as a top 10 (I believe he's top 5 tbh still) QB, but an all-time great.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    When I first caught wind of this I was like David Carr really? Draft bust and, not only that ranking his brother to #4 in his current rankings SHOCKER! LOL I would just like to mention like at the games without Ben? It was painful to watch and, I know Mark Madden made the comment AB goes into witness protection program when Ben does not play!!! Ben is still of the best QB's in the game end of story.

If I was Derek, I would be pissed that my own brother didn't rank me as #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    and John Taylor, and Brent Jones, and Roger Craig, and a top tier OL. 49ers team in the Montana era was ridiculously stacked as well, but for some reason since it's Old Joe he gets all the credit.

Joe did have the best WR of all-time, and Craig in his prime was pretty much a carbon copy of Bell (bigger rb who was the best pass protecting RB and receiving back in the league). Jones was a pro bowl / all-pro tight end, and Taylor was as good a #2 wr you can get.

One could realistically argue that the late 80's 49ers offense was more stacked than the current Steelers team, Ben doesn't have an all-pro tight end. Ben definitely deserves credit, not only as a top 10 (I believe he's top 5 tbh still) QB, but an all-time great.
    Also have to factor in that Ben's having to bring along WRs every year outside of AB. Since 2011, he's had the same pair of starting WRs in back-to-back years exactly one time.

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

David who??

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Ben looks pretty svelte in that picture.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Damn, I bet he could develop some suddenness and glide

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

still cracks me up coming from a guy who needed help to carry his own jock and still managed to trip over it
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    still cracks me up coming from a guy who needed help to carry his own jock and still managed to trip over it

This is also coming from a guy that got destroyed playing behind hideous offensive lines, because he had no chance back there because he wasn't a great quarterback...…...who then watched Ben play the game and carry offenses playing behind hideous offensive lines for much of his career and was able to lead his team to multiple rings...……….and he claims Ben's weapons are carrying him.

David Carr…………

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

That can't be. Ben hasn't been clutch since 2008 according to many here.