Thread: Todd Haley Believes Current Browns QB Room Might Be The Best Hes Ever Had

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Todd Haley Believes Current Browns QB Room Might Be The Best Hes Ever Had

Cleveland Brown offensive coordinator Todd Haley met the team’s local media on Thursday and during his long session he certainly let loose with a comment that was hard for those in attendance or listening online to ignore.

“What I will say is probably in my career, this is one of the best – if not the best – quarterbacks rooms, in general, that I’ve had,” Haley said Thursday as the Browns wrapped up their offseason workouts.

Hyperbole, ignorance, just a shot at his former team, or all of the above? It’s hard to say for sure but when you consider that the quarterbacks currently on the Browns roster are Tyrod Taylor, Drew Stanton, Baker Mayfield and Brogan Roback............

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/06...-hes-ever-had/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Todd Haley Believes Current Browns QB Room Might Be The Best Hes Ever Had

Ben... do NOT take the bait.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Haley is an idiot. This is the same guy who last year couldn't think up more pass plays than the bubble screen and the deep ball. This is the guy who thought it was a good idea to start the 1st Cleveland game with numerous bubble screens in a row. This is the same guy who cost the New England game because he thought it was wise to keep New England in the game instead of put them away when he first had the chance and then follow it up by deciding to run a Chinese fire drill at the end of the game. And let's not forget his brilliant decisions on 4th and 1 in the playoff loss to Jacksonville. Truly a genius. Glad he's in Cleveland

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

No surprise to hear that from Todd - “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

Pregame chatter before the regular season opener could be epic if Ben takes the bait and acts out like he did against Whiz prior to the 2007 Steelers-Cardinals game

Will see what happens during Ben's radio ramblings the Tuesday after Labor Day

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

MY opinion is Mayfield will be better than most on here do. Taylor has been a solid backup his whole career so why not when backing up Mayfield. The Steelers brought in Roback for a private workout also, so maybe this guy has some skills WE don't know about yet? Of course Stanton is another one of those Landry Jones types, career backup because he just sticks around. So, while it's not a 'murderer's row' of QB talent, it looks solid on paper at least. But "best he's ever had"? PLEASE! By himself, Ben is better than these 4. Drop in an average Jones and a rookie Dobbs, and that room is better on paper already.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I wonder if the "room" has better furniture, carpet, UHD 4k TV's, and clipboards than the one in Pittsburgh?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Tequila Todd always looks like a hot mess. And he's stupid.

I hope Ben just laughs and says...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

When Cleveland fires Hayley in a couple of seasons will he go to the NCAA or CFL?
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Well, what's he supposed to say - "Eh, these guys suck"?

Besides, after Roethlisberger, the Steelers' QB cupboard is pretty bare. Rudolph was taken in the 3rd for a reason.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Ben... do NOT take the bait.
    At least NOT off the field.

I think this type of remark can motivate Ben to play better (with a chip on his shoulder).
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Everyone's response

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Besides, after Roethlisberger, the Steelers' QB cupboard is pretty bare. Rudolph was taken in the 3rd for a reason.

No way. We need excuses for the goofy Todd jumping gif!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

EXACTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    At least NOT off the field.

I think this type of remark can motivate Ben to play better (with a chip on his shoulder).

Courtesy of @Butch. Ben is the lady.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    No surprise to hear that from Todd - “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
    Todd has a habit of removing all doubt
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

This comment looks even dumber when you consider Kurt Warner was his starting QB as OC of Arizona

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    No way. We need excuses for the goofy Todd jumping gif!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ha. It was directly shot at Ben. All he needed to say was that he felt there was a lot of talent in the QB room. But by phrasing it the way he did, it was a comparison to his other QB's, and his most recent one was in Pittsburgh. So yes...it was meant to get under Ben's skin.

Here we go!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Ha. It was directly shot at Ben. All he needed to say was that he felt there was a lot of talent in the QB room. But by phrasing it the way he did, it was a comparison to his other QB's, and his most recent one was in Pittsburgh. So yes...it was meant to get under Ben's skin.

Here we go!
    Just makes him look like the moron that he is.

Haley:
    Mayfield/Taylor > Kurt Warner/Ben

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

well I guess the Browns are the division favorites then. One network NFL or ESPN declared the Browns receiving corps the best in the league. If Ben ever retires I put money on Rudolph to have better career than Manziel JR. I will be impressed if he beats out Tyrod though.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Todd who?

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Todd is just salty about getting his walking papers and having to coach in Cleveland rather than Pittsburgh. Let him be salty, then kick his ass when he tries to field an offense against us two times this season. Nothing like giving Ben that extra little bit of motivation, he already practically owns the Browns franchise.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.