Thread: Report: Raiders Fear Martavis Bryant Is Facing Suspension

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Report: Raiders Fear Martavis Bryant Is Facing Suspension

Not only did the Oakland Raiders give up a 3rd round pick to acquire Martavis Bryant, they may have done it to pick up a receiver facing another suspension. According to a report from the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the Raiders fear Bryant will soon face discipline from the league.

The report writes:

“The Raiders fear potential NFL discipline might be imminent for wide receiver Martavis Bryant, sources said Thursday, inciting internal uneasiness at the conclusion of an otherwise encouraging spring workout program.
    Multiple team officials declined comment as they left for a weekslong break before training camp, but they acknowledged the club is awaiting final word on the situation. It is believed to pertain to the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.”.........

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/06...ng-suspension/

- - - Updated - - -

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Report: Raiders Fear Martavis Bryant Is Facing Suspension

Not our problem anymore.

Even if he could play ILB/S I still do the trade for the 3rd round pick.

Great job, Chucky.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Looks like they were losing Bryant regardless. By trading them they lost him essentially in exchange for a 3rd and another WR

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Million dollar physical skills governed by a five cent head

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Million dollar physical skills governed by a five cent head
    Says it all.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Belichick used to regularly and absolutely FLEECE the Raiders with lopsided trades on Draft weekend during the final years of Al Davis' life. About time our FO got in on that action.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

If I remember correctly, his terms of reinstatement were pretty stringent. I am surprised he lasted this long. This could be as simple as a missed test.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Trade is looking better and better...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

We need to quickly sign Bell then trade him for 13 draft picks from the raiders.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I don't think he wants to play in the NFL.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    If I remember correctly, his terms of reinstatement were pretty stringent. I am surprised he lasted this long. This could be as simple as a missed test.

with his track record a missed test at this point could cost him the rest of his career
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

with his track record a missed test at this point could cost him the rest of his career
    over before it really started... SMH

I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind. If you take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there. If you take somebody with the wrong mindset, you can give them everything in the world, they'll work their way right back down to the bottom." - Ben Carson
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

maybe he wanted to stay clean but his batshit crazy girlfriend drove him to more drug use, you never know

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Chalk up another point for Kevin Colbert.

Really. Even without the suspension, I loved the trade. Now, it looks absolutely genius.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Not our problem anymore. Thank you, Jesus!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I'm not even upset.... I pretty much expected this. Idiots that can't follow the rules for the few years they have, to make millions of $$$ and secure a great life. Ya gotta wonder.............

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I'm not even upset.... I pretty much expected this. Idiots that can't follow the rules for the few years they have, to make millions of $$$ and secure a great life. Ya gotta wonder.............
    You have a more realistic approach to dealing with MB's instability than I did or would

I also would have expected it but still would be upset about it leaving a hole to fill at WR.

As others have posted, I was glad when Gruden traded a third round pick for a live grenade and even if MB is not booted for the season am glad the Steelers no longer have to deal with the chaos that is part of the Bryant package

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    You have a more realistic approach to dealing with MB's instability than I did or would

I also would have expected it but still would be upset about it leaving a hole to fill at WR.

As others have posted, I was glad when Gruden traded a third round pick for a live grenade and even if MB is not booted for the season am glad the Steelers no longer have to deal with the chaos that is part of the Bryant package
    I hear ya. I wasn't thrilled with the trade, but I hoped a new team and a new start would be good for him. I guess not. Once an idiot.................

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Huh, well, this is interesting.

Wasn’t there a paperwork problem with him before or am I thinking if someone else?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Wasn’t there a paperwork problem with him before or am I thinking if someone else?
    Bryant's 2017 reinstatement initially was conditional and he could not practice for the start of training camp. The alleged reason for the delay was Bryant not lining up a local counselor in Pittsburgh as part of a support network to help prevent a relapse.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/martav...ry?id=47014745

Maybe Bryant retained a local counselor at the University of Pittsburgh Oakland campus and does not realize he needs a new counselor since that Oakland is not the location of his new team