Thread: Will the Steelers win more than 11 games in 2018?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Will the Steelers win more than 11 games in 2018?

Will the Steelers win more than 11 games in 2018?

The schedule is difficult. The division will be better. Just how will the Steelers finish in 2018?

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz
    Jun 11, 2018

The offseason brings about many things fans can’t stand. Predictions would certainly be high on the list of the most disdained items during the offseason, only to be trumped by Power Rankings, but during the slow months major media outlets crank out content to keep themselves relevant.

I get it. After all, I run this website you’re currently reading, but when I was checking out several of those major media outlets just referenced, I found a Sports Illustrated article which was predicting how teams will finish in 2018. Of course I wanted to see their prediction for the Steelers, and here’s what they had to say about the Black-and-gold.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...veon-bell-news

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

Re: Will the Steelers win more than 11 games in 2018?

Such a tough call and the changes have me a bit worried. I view Bostic and Burnett as upgrades over Mitchell and Spence but communication has been a big problem and I wont bet on new guys necessarily helping that. Then you change OC's on the other side. Who are our playmakers on defense? Where will turnovers come from?

To the positive we get a lot of the tough opponents at home: Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, and Patriots. Going to be an interesting season. I think we may be in for a surprise in either direction. I can see the defense coming together and us looking dominant or a bit of a shock the other way and potentially missing the playoffs.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I say no. I don’t think enough has changed and add injuries in to it and I don’t think they get to 11 wins...I think maybe 10 and an early playoff exit...after they “back in” to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If I had to guess, exactly 11 wins seems pretty likely. Give or take a game based on injuries and (un)lucky breaks. The question is whether they start out sleepwalking and finish strong, or the other way around.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

My guess is 10 as well. Too many things need to happen for 11 plus. Ben playing a full season again is unlikely, and until proven otherwise the D is average even though its loaded with guys from rounds 1 and 2 of draft. In my homer mind I see the D much better this year than last after Shazier was out, but its all a theory in my head until I see them. With the FA signings at LB and Safety, and drafting a safety in round 1 as well as a healthy improved Sutton they have to have improvement. Mitchell sucked last year as well, and with all the hype about Dupree breaking out this year its hard not to get excited and see a huge improvement but its all conjecture at this point. I am happy they made moves and addressed it though. 10 years ago when the O line was the big problem it seems like it took years for them to actually address the problem.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

hahahahaha No, unless they get lucky and win several by a couple of points each from the opponent imploding.Lots of others teams are coming up and getting better too or is the talent pool getting diluted?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

No. Having Ryan Shazier for 0 games instead of 11 and a few minutes for one will cause a decrease in games. Second, the vast majority of their wins were last second wins against inferior, those don't tend to break a team's way that much for a second year in a row. Not to mention they are facing road games against teams that have gotten the better of them, especially recently, in games such as Jacksonville, Denver, Oakland, New Orleans. Plus they always seem to win fewer games when they play the entire AFC West for some reason dating back to the 2002 division realignment

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    No. Having Ryan Shazier for 0 games instead of 11 and a few minutes for one will cause a decrease in games. Second, the vast majority of their wins were last second wins against inferior, those don't tend to break a team's way that much for a second year in a row. Not to mention they are facing road games against teams that have gotten the better of them, especially recently, in games such as Jacksonville, Denver, Oakland, New Orleans. Plus they always seem to win fewer games when they play the entire AFC West for some reason dating back to the 2002 division realignment
    Yes, yes and yes.

Still, I think this team will be better on both sides of the ball this year even factoring in the loss of shazier.

I (Channeling Teegre) predict 19-0.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

How many games does Ben play? 15 or 16, yeah 11 wins or more

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I (Channeling Teegre) predict 19-0.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

12-4 regular season

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I feel like it's time for two comments.

We'll crush em they suck.

We can no.more loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

With the talent and experience we have on our roster and among our coaching staff it would be severely disappointing if we didn't at least hit double digits and win 10 games. I think we're going to win at least 10, and as many as 12. If we win more than that great, but looking at our schedule as a whole it's pretty tough from top to bottom. The weaker teams as far as last season goes would be the Ravens, Bengals, Browns, and the Chargers. None of those are gimmes. We swept the division last year but I never write off our opponents in divisional rivalry games. The Chargers have a lot of talent on their roster as well, and showed some improvement last season. Thankfully we have the Chargers at home, because we tend to struggle on the West Coast. To be quite honest though, I think this is the toughest schedule we've had in years.

Going to be an interesting season to say the very least. Biggest priorities should be minimizing mistakes, shoring up our defense, and trying to limit injuries if we can.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

5 toughest games on the Steelers 2018 schedule

By: Curt Popejoy

The Pittsburgh Steelers are only a few weeks away from the start of training camp, so we decided to dig into the regular-season schedule. The Steelers went 13-3 last season but looking at the 2018 schedule a repeat of that record is going to be tough. The non-conference schedule is brutal and as we look at the five toughest games on the schedule, only one is from the AFC North

Week 5 vs. Atlanta Falcons

The Steelers and Falcons haven’t played each other since 2014. The Steelers beat the Falcons 27-20 on the road and now Atlanta is coming to Pittsburgh for some payback. The Atlanta offensive is practically as loaded as Pittsburgh’s so this will be the first big test of the defense.

to read rest of article:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...2018-schedule/

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Jacksonville came out of nowhere and stunned the Steelers last year, now they're stronger than they've ever been, and they're in Jacksonville this time.

The Steelers never win in Denver, Oakland, or New Orleans.

0-4 and 1-3 in this stretch of games, but you never know.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I can see another 13-3 regular season and perhaps an AFCCG loss to the Patriots....

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yes, exactly 11. They will blow games to teams they should beat and win when we don't think they should. In other words a typical Steelers season.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

19-0

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Kind of fun to look back on prediction threads.