Thread: Seattle's New Method of Tackling: the "Hawk Tackle"

Hybrid View

Seattle's New Method of Tackling: the "Hawk Tackle"

I've heard off and on about Seattle's new tackling method, but I never paid attention. Today, while messing around on Youtube, I came across a teaching video from Pete Carol and others introducing the method and then going step-by-step in teaching different elements of it. In all honesty, I wish we'd put it to use in our defense. We could use some fundamentals again in that area, and this tackling form seems to be all about teaching fundamentals while taking the head out of the tackle.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Seattle's New Method of Tackling: the "Hawk Tackle"

Does this new tackling technique involve any sniveling?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Does this new tackling technique involve any sniveling?

I think so...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

21 minutes of tackling drills. What's not to love about this? Fantastic!

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Does it involve crying about losing Super Bowl XL, and complaining about the officiating years, and years afterward?

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Honestly, I was hoping to discuss the method of tackling presented here instead of just getting smartass posts in return, especially since the Steelers have had problems tackling in the last few years that this method seems to fix. Things like wrapping, angles, and so on.
    Great find Preach.

The Steelers tackling was embarrassingly bad last year.

I believe I read there is a big emphasis on tackling this year and it also looks like they considered that when they drafted Allen and Edmunds.

Hopefully, our defense won't get shredded nearly as bad this year...big Achilles tendon imo.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant