Thread: Safety Market Still Makes no Sense

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Safety Market Still Makes no Sense

So the Jets have an injury to a safety during OTAs. They then sign JJ Wilcox as a replacement. WTF?

Tre Boston
    Kenny Vaccaro
    Eric Reid
    Mike Mitchell

I am almost positive all of those guys are stil out of work. How does Wilcox get a job before them? I guess Reid is a protest problem or whatever, but the other guys?

Anyone have any insight into why Boston in particular cant find a job? Was his one year with the Chargers scheme based kinda like Mitchells one good year?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Safety Market Still Makes no Sense

Probably the money. They don’t want to settle in a market that is at the bottom. The safety market is dirt cheap right now. These guys are probably waiting until training camp injuries hit and the value, theoretically, will go up...???

Just a theory...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The other 3 are still 27 or under.

Mitchell is old (compared to the other 3) and has declined. Celebrations for tackles on 30 yard gains are no longer in vogue.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    The other 3 are still 27 or under.

Mitchell is old (compared to the other 3) and has declined. Celebrations for tackles on 30 yard gains are no longer in vogue.
    Nice! Mitchell was a clown, but I suspect he is a better overall player than Wilcox. But I also don't know the Jets depth chart at the position (dont feel like looking it up) - maybe Mitchell and others have no interest in coming in and competing for the 3rd safety spot or something.

Overall, I don't really care because Colbert managed to land the pick of the litter.