Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye Bumblebees

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Goodbye Bumblebees

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    My fav too, wasn't that also the same uniform they used in the 90's? I remember the block numbers at that time, though I wasn't old enough to catch the games in 78-79 lol
    Pretty much.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I really liked the bumblebee unis, but I'll always have a reminder in my #83 bumblebee jersey.

I love our color rush unis, too.

Oh, who am I kidding. I don't care what they wear. Just win, baby!

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Diggin the throwbacks! Just ordered a Smith-Schuster for a coworker who recently lost his son. Can't wait to get it in the mail so I can sneak a peek at it, and then see the look on his face when he gets it. Hopefully it brings him some semblance of joy during a dark time in his life.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
    Diggin the throwbacks! Just ordered a Smith-Schuster for a coworker who recently lost his son. Can't wait to get it in the mail so I can sneak a peek at it, and then see the look on his face when he gets it. Hopefully it brings him some semblance of joy during a dark time in his life.

Awesome move Iowa!

You're a good man my friend.

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Awesome move Iowa!

You're a good man my friend.
    Thanks brother. I feel like when someone is down we should try to lift each other up. I don't want to know what it'd be like to lose your kid. So if a small gesture like throwing in with some buddies to get him a jersey puts a smile on his face, if only for a second, totally worth it.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Thanks brother. I feel like when someone is down we should try to lift each other up. I don't want to know what it'd be like to lose your kid. So if a small gesture like throwing in with some buddies to get him a jersey puts a smile on his face, if only for a second, totally worth it.

Without question.

The hurt of losing a child is unimaginable. To see someone have to go through that is heart-wrenching.

Keep on leading by example brother.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Man I love you! What a great gesture. We need more people like you in the world. I was raised the same way, also in Iowa, must be something in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Man I love you! What a great gesture. We need more people like you in the world. I was raised the same way, also in Iowa, must be something in the water.
    Love you too brother! Iowa nice my friend!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I know it's not a popular choice, but these are still my favorite throwbacks.
    Now those are some true throwbacks. If I'm not mistaken they used those several years ago. I think I remember seeing Bam Morris wearing those.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Now those are some true throwbacks. If I'm not mistaken they used those several years ago. I think I remember seeing Bam Morris wearing those.
    It was during the NFL 75th Anniversary Year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It was during the NFL 75th Anniversary Year.

isn't that Barry Foster?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yes.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Yes.
    I thought so, I was referring to vasteeler's comment that he had seen Bam Morris wearing those throwbacks.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Thank God !! I hate 'throw backs', but especially hated those damn stripes.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I thought so, I was referring to vasteeler's comment that he had seen Bam Morris wearing those throwbacks.
    Yep, that's the pic. Got the RBs mixed up.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Should have gone with this look for the new throwbacks

I would have bought one of the black ones.

Think I would have preferred this too because it is a more drastic change.

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Yep, that's the pic. Got the RBs mixed up.
    no offense intended, that's an easy mistake to make especially since their careers somewhat overlapped (I think they both played for the Steelers in 1994 if I'm not mistaken)

Happy to report I gave that coworker his jersey and a t-shirt tonight. He was totally taken aback, definitely didn't expect it. I think if more people would reach out to one another and just do nice things for each other like this, the world would truly have less depressed people. Sometimes you just need to do something for a friend to let them know that someone cares about them.

I also got pretty lucky! The first JuJu jersey they sent me was incorrect. The numbers were block style and correct, but the nameplate lettering was that of the current jerseys. The Pro Shop sent me an email telling me about it before I even received the jersey. They told me to keep it, and they would send me the correct jersey as soon as possible. So basically I got a free jersey out of the deal. Definitely not my size, so I'm gifting it to my youngest brother for his birthday next month.

Happy to report I gave that coworker his jersey and a t-shirt tonight. He was totally taken aback, definitely didn't expect it. I think if more people would reach out to one another and just do nice things for each other like this, the world would truly have less depressed people. Sometimes you just need to do something for a friend to let them know that someone cares about them.

I also got pretty lucky! The first JuJu jersey they sent me was incorrect. The numbers were block style and correct, but the nameplate lettering was that of the current jerseys. The Pro Shop sent me an email telling me about it before I even received the jersey. They told me to keep it, and they would send me the correct jersey as soon as possible. So basically I got a free jersey out of the deal. Definitely not my size, so I'm gifting it to my youngest brother for his birthday next month.
    Where do you work and are they hiring??

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I know it's not a popular choice, but these are still my favorite throwbacks.
    That was only one year IIRC. They need to bring them back.

Where do you work and are they hiring??

Haha a jail in Iowa. It's not worth it man!