Thread: Baker Mayfield Opens Browns OTAs With Trio Of Turnovers

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Baker Mayfield Opens Browns OTAs With Trio Of Turnovers

The Cleveland Browns are staking the near-term future of their franchise on quarterback Baker Mayfield, whom they selected with the first-overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, determining that he was the best quarterback in the class ahead of Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph.

It’s a good thing first impressions in OTAs don’t really count for much, though, because Mayfield’s first professional practice with a full squad did not go very well at all. The Oklahoma quarterback was picked off three times by his defensive teammates and had another two passes that were nearly intercepted as well...........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/05...elers+Depot%29

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Baker Mayfield Opens Browns OTAs With Trio Of Turnovers

I hope he keeps it up.

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Meanwhile Mason Rudolph gets good reviews. I think Rudolph was highly underrated going into this draft. I did knock him myself coming out of the Big 12 which is all offense, no defense, but this kid has all the intangibles to be very good at the next level.

I thought Baker Mayfield was a ridiculous pick to make with the first overall pick. I had him behind Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Rudolph. I mean the kid has heart, and he's got talent, but he reminds me way too much of Johnny Manziel. Browns could've taken a kid like Rudolph, or Joshua Allen, or Sam Darnold. They went with more of a Ferrari versus a reliable old pickup truck. "

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

They should add his name to the QB list jersey already. Will he start, will he play an entire season or will he get benched?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Practice is about practice. I'd be testing the waters too when it doesn't count.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It doesn't matter who got drafted by cleveland, it seems that franchise is just cursed. Whoever gets drafted by them is most likely a bust lol

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Josh Gordon: Browns have best receiving corps in the NFL

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 12, 2018

Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has a high opinion of himself, and his teammates.

Gordon said today that he believes he’s part of the best group of wide receivers in the NFL.

“The best receiving corps in the league, in my opinion, already. Just because of talent alone,” Gordon said. “We’re not short on talent at the wide receiver position at all.”

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ps-in-the-nfl/