Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million per year from the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million per year from the Steelers

Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million per year from the Steelers

By: Curt Popejoy

If you are as tired of talking about the national anthem as we are, let’s change the subject. It’s probably not a happier topic, but we did get some information about the contract demands of Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell. He’s currently holding out while his team participates in OTAs.

According to NFL Insider Tom Pelissero, a huge roadblock in the negotiations between Bell and the Steelers is that Bell is asking for $17 million per season on a new deal.

to read rest of article:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...-the-steelers/

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million per year from the Steelers

in other words to put this amount of money into perspective ....

an 18 year old would have to get a job today starting at 73k per year and work that job for 233 years at that rate to get what bell thinks he is worth to play football for 1 year ...

THAT is how out of hand this shit is !
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 05-25-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If we offer him $17M, he'll change his mind and want $19M. Obviously he just wants to leave and be the big money drama guy of next offseason. Big rapper.

Good luck!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

And it's not happening. Hopefully we can get a Super Bowl win this upcoming season before Bell walks.

Would suck to see the talent of the "Killer B's" go to waste with playoff disappointments.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

$17 per? For 4 YPC and a bunch of dump off passes for 600 yards?? Not bloody likely!

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he goes to the Browns next year.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Run the wheels off of him and let him walk.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Le'Veon has a new rap song out, I'm sure it will be a huge hit.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...of-steelers-rb

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    in other words to put this amount of money into perspective ....

an 18 year old would have to get a job today starting at 73k per year and work that job for 233 years at that rate to get what bell thinks he is worth to play football for 1 year ...

THAT is how out of hand this shit is !
    Check this out...

It would take Bell 233 years to make the same amount as Shad Khan is worth (roughly $4 billion). And, Khan isn’t even in the top five of richest owners in theNFL.

For a more “realistic” look at how disproportionate the salaries of the owners versus the salaries of the players are, Art Rooneys is the “least wealthy” owner, and it would take Bell 30 years to make as much as Art is worth.

We can complain about the players making “too much”, but compared to the owners, what Bell makes is chicken feed (...which, in turn, makes my yearly salary look like chicken sh!t).

But, I’m honestly all for the players getting money, because they do stuff that I can only imagine doing... just like an opera singer, or an artist, or anyone else with a unique talent. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business, and I’m fine with the players getting a large chunk of those profits.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He wants to be paid more than double the next highest paid rb. They'd be dumb to meet his demands especially with all the injuries, suspensions, and me first attitude. Plus rbs aren't worth that kind of money anyway. Much better to save that money for the rest of the team

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Bell just priced his way out of Pittsburgh, although I think the Steelers knew that last year.

For his I just hope he enjoys swimming in the money like scrooge mcduck while failing to find the open holes in a crapsho like Washington or Miami

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Le'Veon has a new rap song out, I'm sure it will be a huge hit.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...of-steelers-rb

FYI to Le'Veon: The top brass of the Steelers don't care about your shitty rap songs, so you may as well stop making a fool out of yourself.

We all know that won't happen, though, because he's as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Check this out...

It would take Bell 233 years to make the same amount as Shad Khan is worth (roughly $4 billion). And, Khan isn’t even in the top five of richest owners in theNFL.

For a more “realistic” look at how disproportionate the salaries of the owners versus the salaries of the players are, Art Rooneys is the “least wealthy” owner, and it would take Bell 30 years to make as much as Art is worth.

We can complain about the players making “too much”, but compared to the owners, what Bell makes is chicken feed (...which, in turn, makes my yearly salary look like chicken sh!t).

But, I’m honestly all for the players getting money, because they do stuff that I can only imagine doing... just like an opera singer, or an artist, or anyone else with a unique talent. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business, and I’m fine with the players getting a large chunk of those profits.

There's nothing wrong with getting paid as much as you can.

When you are asking for so much that the team can't afford it, that sucks.

When you go about it like a jerk, you are a jerk.

I never understood why people get upset about the amount entertainers are paid, though. If you are able to get a few bucks each from millions of people, then guess what, that's a shitload of money and you earned it just as much as anyone else did. Athletes, musicians, actors, writers, whatever. People just have no concept of scale.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Check this out...

disproportionate earnings is in EVERY business that isnt belly up .....

clearly employees should not make anything near what a business owner makes ....

100% of the risk is on ownership of business failings , upkeep of property and workplace all salaries every item every cost in order to make it run is on the ownerships ....

all employees have to do is show up and do their job they where hired to do ..

The average Microsoft salary ranges from approximately $39,819 per year for Accounting Clerk
    to $173,717 per year for Principal Architect. Average Microsoft hourly pay ranges from approximately $12.20 per hour for Game Tester
    to $65.00 per hour for Lead Developer.

Bill Gates net worth 92.8 billion

maybe Microsoft employees should make 17 million a year then ?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I would imagine there is no shortage of applicants for game testing, even at $12 hourly!

clearly employees should not make anything near what a business owner makes ....

100% of the risk is on ownership of business failings , upkeep of property and workplace all salaries every item every cost in order to make it run is on the ownerships ....

The average Microsoft salary ranges from approximately $39,819 per year for Accounting Clerk
    to $173,717 per year for Principal Architect.

Average Microsoft hourly pay ranges from approximately $12.20 per hour for Game Tester

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Some of them, absolutely.

All of them, no. (Obviously)

Software companies routinely pay millions upon millions for phenoms who develop apps and/or restructure OS’s. Special talents = special pay

Some of them, absolutely.

All of them, no. (Obviously)

Software companies routinely pay millions upon millions for phenoms who develop apps and/or restructure OS’s. Special talents = special pay
    ok then lets take it a step further ....

McDonalds ..............

McDonald's market capitalization at right around $100 billion.

so which one of their employees are worth 17 million ?

regular employee not a CEO or upper management ...

a player , such as burger flipper or fry basket dropper

McDonalds ..............

That’s easy... the guy who came up with the McRib.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

to $173,717 per year for Principal Architect. Average Microsoft hourly pay ranges from approximately $12.20 per hour for Game Tester

Thank you.. most don't seem to get this. "Walmart CEO makes 15,000x more than the average Walmart cashier" Well no shit.. he also has 15,000x the responsibility, stress, and headache running a F500 company versus stocking shelves or checking people out. There are also a small handful of people that can run a company that size, let alone do it well where as cashiers are a dime a dozen. If anyone feels they're not being paid well enough they are free to do what's in their best interest whether is work harder to work into management, go work for the competition, or nut up and put everything on the line to start their own business.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

McDonalds ..............

Not the same at all. For McDonald's the product can be microwaved and assembled by anyone with a pulse and only a minor substance abuse problem. People will buy the product regardless of who is making it.

In the NFL, the players are the product. Star players but butts in seats and sell merchandise. Star players are not interchangeable parts. How many people can do what Leveon Bell does? 4 or 5 other guys on the planet at any one thime. If you look at percent of plays that result in points or first downs Bell is right up there with WRs that make 15-20 million per year.

So why is paying AB not a problem, but paying Bell is?

All NFL salaries are ludicrous, but they are getting paid with our money, so we are to blame anyway.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

So do we cut Brown and sign Bell, because we can't afford both and still field a competitive offensive line or other highly important positions. Personally I would rather have a stud wr and linebackers than a RB that has maybe 3(and I'm being generous) years left of his wheel.s

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    So do we cut Brown and sign Bell, because we can't afford both and still field a competitive offensive line or other highly important positions. Personally I would rather have a stud wr and linebackers than a RB that has maybe 3(and I'm being generous) years left of his wheel.s
    I totally agree. But there is a difference between we can't afford all these amazing players we drafted and no one should get paid this totally large amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I totally agree. But there is a difference between we can't afford all these amazing players we drafted and no one should get paid this totally large amount of money.

highest paid RB in the world not named Leveon Bell is 8.5 million a year ....

I'll take 2 of them please over 1 Lev Bell ...

thats all

If bell thinks the Steelers should dedicate $17 million of salary cap money to him maybe someone should tell him about how legends such as O.J. Simpson, barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, Adrian Peterson all have/had never played in a super bowl largely thanks to insufficient teams around them. Heck Walter Payton was never part of a team that won anything until he played with a legendary defense.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If bell thinks the Steelers should dedicate $17 million of salary cap money to him maybe someone should tell him about how legends such as O.J. Simpson, barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, Adrian Peterson all have/had never played in a super bowl largely thanks to insufficient teams around them. Heck Walter Payton was never part of a team that won anything until he played with a legendary defense.
    I don't think that occurs to Bell-Einstein at all. In his mind, he's already going to win 10 Super Bowls all by himself no matter who else is on the team, so why shouldn't he get $100 million for that matter?

When he's on a team with no other offensive weapons to speak of, and catching passes from the 23rd-rated QB who doesn't know how to check down and makes inaccurate panic throws instead ... yeah, I bet his individual numbers don't look as good either.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

That’s easy... the guy who came up with a way to fool everyone into believing a McRib. Is actually meat.

There...fixed that for you.

To clarify, I’m not saying Bell should/should not make $17 million. There’s about fifty other threads on that topic, and honestly, all of them are moot... because, The Rooneys are NOT giving him that much.

Heck, if the Steelers win a SuperBowl this season, I don’t care if he leaves & makes $20 million/season. Good for him (and the Browns).

I was chiming in about the money. Even at half of Bell’s asking price ($8.5 million), it would take the average person 117 years to equal that salary. But, that is fine with me, because Bell is a unique talent, who deserves unique pay.

Proportionately, at that $8.5 million salary, it would take Bell 117 years to earn the same amount as Mike Brown (owner of the Bengals) is worth. And, Brown is the third-least-wealthy owner in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    There are also a small handful of people that can run a company that size, let alone do it well where as cashiers are a dime a dozen.
    100% correct.

Likewise, there are also a small handful of people that can run the ball like Bell, let alone do it well... whereas, cashiers are a dime a dozen.

Which is is why I have zero problem with the salaries that football players earn.

Average Joe : Bell :: Bell : CEO

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    There...fixed that for you.