Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy

Getting out of your comfort zone and put in someone else hell outside of this country would do wonders for all young people. Besides getting a young person out of his/her comfort zone it will build confidence, build a sensitivity to other cultures, help others who live in a hell we know nothing about here and actually learn someone else's language. It would actually spark a vision in many young people, I've seen this first hand from young people in European countries.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The majority of liberal protesters have no idea what they are even protesters or facts to back up their emotions , they just want attention and to feel better about themselves. Organizers are often Democratic contributors just trying to drum up support for their party. Kaepernick himself started this just because he wanted attention. He was silent while others were protesting trayvon Martin and Michael Brown because he was receiving enough attention as the starting qb on a recent super bowl and as a guy some billed as the next great 9ers qb who had gotten paid like it. He didn't start protesting until he was in danger of losing his starting job to Blaine gabbert and of becoming completely irrelevant.
    Infowars is a pretty cool site.

Have you listened to some of these protesters you so lightly dismiss? Many are deeply knowledgeable on their chosen issue. Some are out to lunch. But to just write off a whole group of people because you don't agree with them is some pretty closed minded thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Getting out of your comfort zone and put in someone else hell outside of this country would do wonders for all young people. Besides getting a young person out of his/her comfort zone it will build confidence, build a sensitivity to other cultures, help others who live in a hell we know nothing about here and actually learn someone else's language. It would actually spark a vision in many young people, I've seen this first hand from young people in European countries.
    I can get behind that.

But we can't just dismiss social problems at home as solely due to a bunch of entitled whiny young people. There is some seriously screwed up stuff taking place in every community in our country right now. A variety of issues are negativily affecting everyone, and we spend most of our time worrying about nonsense.

People need jobs, education, opportunity, medicine, food all across the nation but the only stuff we can seem to muster up the energy for is cause like 12 dudes took a knee during a song.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I get that. I'm just trying to understand why people are advocating for deportation because someone made them fell icky for a hot minute.

My personal belief is that the league is to blame by trying to thread a needle for several years now on this issue. Should've just said from the beginning that anyone who cashes an NFL paycheck had to stand when on the field. Anyone not on the field, do whatever. Which is basically where they landed after the horse had already left the barn and the barn was on fire.
    I agree completely. For the record I do not think for a second that anyone should be deported for not standing for the anthem. That is plain silly talk and completely goes against what that flag stands for. When people start talking like that I start tuning them out. I am only referring to work place policies.
    Last edited by 43Hitman; 05-27-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

in a nutshell ... if you are looking to change the world on the sidelines of a football game ...

YOU PICKED THE WRONG VENUE !

nobody is hearing you !!

you are doing nothing but making a spectacle of yourself , yes you are polarizing but for the most part for all the wrong reasons .....

want to make a difference call up your local radio station and offer to be a guest on a talk show and use that as your venue where people can hear your plight ...

want to make a difference go to inner cities and show kids the right path does exist and you can get out of the generational cycle of gloom

want to make a difference be the benefactor to some programs that get kids out of the gang life and help transform them into productive members of society

want to make a difference tell these kids not to pack heat , to listen to police when they are told to STOP and to put their hands up ... do not resist the process

want to make a difference be a good parent and help those who do not know how to be one become one ...

there are a LOT of ways to help a lot of ways to instill change , but making a mockery of the National anthem and the flag and those who gave their lives and limbs to protect that right to protest is NEVER the right way to go about making a good change ... you can not take what has been known for generations as a respect of country and its fallen and turn it into a MY PLIGHT moment just because YOU say its about this or that .... because it is not it is and always will be about THEM , those who died to give you any and all the rights you have
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Infowars is a pretty cool site.

Have you listened to some of these protesters you so lightly dismiss? Many are deeply knowledgeable on their chosen issue. Some are out to lunch. But to just write off a whole group of people because you don't agree with them is some pretty closed minded thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The same people that protesters that like to ignore the fact that the majority of African American murder victims are killed by African American perpetrators? Or how about people who blame the system for poverty and crime ridden cities ignoring the fact that the most crime ridden impoverished cities have been run by the same liberal politicians enacting the same liberal policies these protesters support and want to enact. Should we talking about these protesters wanting leniency for drug dealers contributing to the violence in the African American communities? Also lets ignore fatherless homes and the lack of positive male role models for children growing up in those communities.

Let me guess I'm an infowars but for pointing all that out (even though I don't follow infowars)

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    -I must iterate that the amount of focus that goes towards the protest itself (kneel vs. stand) far outweighs the amount of focus on the actual problem (bad cops).
    So here's the deal with that - which also happens to be the reason why there's such a "disproportionate" backlash against what would normally be deemed a trivial issue (people not standing at the start of a football game).

The issues of cops and race are brought up constantly in every public venue. It's not a stretch to say we are bombarded with it from multiple directions on a daily basis. Very few people are unaware of it. Most people have long since collected enough information to form an opinion about the underlying issue, and continue to hear more about it simply in the course of going about their daily tasks. So the audience you are reaching with the protests breaks down roughly as follows:

1. Yay! I already agree with your cause and like to see more of this wherever I can! You go, girl!

2. Boo! I already disagree with your cause and you're not changing my mind. Also, shut the fuck up and stop ruining my football game.

3. I am already aware of your cause and have no strong opinion on it, and this is not going to make me have one. But I sure see it everywhere already, why do I need to see it in a football game of all places.

So you are not "raising awareness" or "starting a conversation." Everyone is aware, and the conversation was underway without you. All you have done is push it into people's faces while they are seeking the polar opposite of it, namely entertainment. And except for the ones already strongly on your side, people hate that. So that's why the focus is on the act of protest itself.

To a couple of the other people who have brought it up: There is a huge difference between "feeling uncomfortable" and "tired to death of." The issue doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all, for instance, but god damn, some people act like it ought to be all I want to think about. Furthermore, not everyone who disagrees with the protesters (in general, not just at football games) does so because the issue "makes them uncomfortable." A lot of them just disagree with the protests because they think they're wrong. As in, based on incorrect information. But, trying to cast those who disagree with you as somehow lacking or morally deficient is a long-standing tactic of the left. That's another whole story in itself, though, and this post has gone on long enough.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The same people that protesters that like to ignore the fact that the majority of African American murder victims are killed by African American perpetrators? Or how about people who blame the system for poverty and crime ridden cities ignoring the fact that the most crime ridden impoverished cities have been run by the same liberal politicians enacting the same liberal policies these protesters support and want to enact. Should we talking about these protesters wanting leniency for drug dealers contributing to the violence in the African American communities? Also lets ignore fatherless homes and the lack of positive male role models for children growing up in those communities.

Let me guess I'm an infowars but for pointing all that out (even though I don't follow infowars)
    That's some solid what aboutism. Cool.

Unfortunately none of that changes the fact that there is a toxic and deadly relationship between police and minorities.

But I guess we should only discuss the issues that conservatives deem important and relevant?

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I think it's stupid honestly. Since when is kneeling a sign of disrespect? People kneel in prayer or bow to the king the same way. It's not like the guy is standing there and taking a leak or throwing middle fingers up as the anthem is playing lol.

I've served in the military and quite honestly, as a veteran, I could give a crap about who stands for the flag. It's their choice, and we fought for people's freedom to choose. If anything, forcing people to stand is taking away a choice which doesn't seem very American to me.

But hey the NFL is a private business and by law they can do this. And instead of kneeling, players will still protest (some raise their fist up, which is still allowed)

They aren't forcing them. The anti-Americans can stay in the locker room.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

That's some solid what aboutism. Cool.

Unfortunately none of that changes the fact that there is a toxic and deadly relationship between police and minorities.

But I guess we should only discuss the issues that conservatives deem important and relevant?
    And liberals aren't doing that themselves by blaming all of the problems in the minority communities on "whiteness", "racism" "cops" " the system". Do they want a full discussion of what is wrong with these communities or do they just want to blame everyone who is not like them and everyone who disagrees with them. If they want a full discussion about violence against African Americans they probably should focus on more than just white cops

And liberals aren't doing that themselves by blaming all of the problems in the minority communities on "whiteness", "racism" "cops" " the system". Do they want a full discussion of what is wrong with these communities or do they just want to blame everyone who is not like them and everyone who disagrees with them.
    I have no idea. Can't speak for anyone but myself. But all the issues are connected.

Many communities are lacking father's, uncles, and brothers to serve as roll models. This has a corrosive effect on the community. It needs talked about. It also needs acknowledged that some of those missing role models have been removed from the community due to mandatory sentencing laws that were implemented during the Clinton administration and have now been discredited by law enforcement and a variety of other research. But they remain on the books. Hence the calls from within the community for sentencing lieniency. In some communities more people are killed or assualted by members of their own community more than by any other group, such as police. Logic would seem to dictate they should call on the police for assistance. But decades of both actual and percieved discrimination have poisoned the relationship between law enforcement and some communities.

There is massive amount of information that documents how all of these things are connected. One factor influences another and connects to another in a complex network of connections and shifting variables.

Lack of access to educational resources leads to difficulty grabbing economic opportunity which can lead to people seeking illegal alternatives. The prevalence of crime in the community then muddies the relationship between citizens and law enforcement. Drives jobs and education away and reinforces a cycle. This happens in urban, rural, white, black, brown, and purple communities.

Of course isolation of one factor is largely useless, but change and improvement has to start somewhere.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    perhaps because THAT is what the flag and anthem have ALWAYS been about ....

until they came along and tried to change it " because they claimed that is different for them "

well excuse me then Thanksgiving is NOW about everyone giving me their paychecks for 6 months ....

if you do not do that then you are offending my cause
    Thank you, you made my point exactly.

To some, the flag represents a Nation that stood for independence and freedom from the threat of physical violence, persecution of them based upon their race, religion, political views, etc. So they made their way from places like Italy, Poland, Ukraine, etc to America several generations ago and their grandchildren today hold similar opinions based upon their upbringing.

To others, the flag represents a Nation where they were born and are in jeopardy of physical violence, persecution of them based upon their race or religion, etc. by the very authority figures that have sworn to serve and protect them as American Citizens. Their opinions are based upon the present state of their experience as Americans and those which their grandparents experienced.

When those with opposing viewpoints can find the interest in the opposing view and try and understand it, then you have a society that is inclusive, tolerant, free and progressive. When those with opposing viewpoints seek to impose their point of view on all others that disagree, then you get a society that lacks freedom of thought, freedom of expression, promotes conflict and eventually civil discord.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Thank you, you made my point exactly.

To some, the flag represents a Nation that stood for independence and freedom from the threat of physical violence, persecution of them based upon their race, religion, political views, etc. So they made their way from places like Italy, Poland, Ukraine, etc to America several generations ago and their grandchildren today hold similar opinions based upon their upbringing.

To others, the flag represents a Nation where they were born and are in jeopardy of physical violence, persecution of them based upon their race or religion, etc. by the very authority figures that have sworn to serve and protect them as American Citizens. Their opinions are based upon the present state of their experience as Americans and those which their grandparents experienced.

When those with opposing viewpoints can find the interest in the opposing view and try and understand it, then you have a society that is inclusive, tolerant, free and progressive. When those with opposing viewpoints seek to impose their point of view on all others that disagree, then you get a society that lacks freedom of thought, freedom of expression, promotes conflict and eventually civil discord.
    everyone is subject to violence against them its the sad state of affairs these days where few respect the next person ...

Police brutality , well sadly everyone is at risk there as well because quite frankly SOME police are not of the proper mind set to wear a badge or have authority ...

MOST Police officers are good decent people who just want to get home safely to their families every night just like you and me , sadly a small percentage of them look to be billy badass with a badge while on the clock ...

I say this from experience personal and otherwise ... I had a cop punch me in the chest one time several year ago for no good reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time ... Had I been smart I would have sued the department like so many do today but that aside ...

last month there was a video making its rounds locally on facebook New castle Pa where a white kid in his 20s was in cuffs face down on the floor getting his head bashed in by a cop while the cops partner watched and did nothing to stop it ... the kid was unarmed , already cuffed like I said and was getting the shit beat out of him .... it didnt make the evening news locally let alone nationally ..

I guess the point is it can happen to anyone not just blacks as that kid is proof , its 1 case but I am sure there are plenty others just like it ...

best way to avoid that sort of thing is RESPECT .. LISTEN....COOPERATE...Don't run !!! don't reach down your pants /behind your back ..... don't be stupid and 99.99% of the time the outcome is ordinary

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    JON: I’m going to shower with my dogs...
    I forgot all about that hairy beast. I'm talking about Jon, not his dogs.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I can get behind that.

But we can't just dismiss social problems at home as solely due to a bunch of entitled whiny young people. There is some seriously screwed up stuff taking place in every community in our country right now. A variety of issues are negativily affecting everyone, and we spend most of our time worrying about nonsense.

People need jobs, education, opportunity, medicine, food all across the nation but the only stuff we can seem to muster up the energy for is cause like 12 dudes took a knee during a song.
    There is a better way, how about those 12 dudes after taking a knee, arrange, finance and take a group of young black inner city kids to Chad or East Africa. Let them see how Corrupt black leaders and rival rebels sandwich and destroy their own people. These people have no way out, no hope and only temporary relief from aid workers, church groups and other agencies. The mindset of people sometimes need a good dose of reality and while there are problems here, there are options out, in many places of the world there aren't. One thing that always troubled me when I was in Africa was how few black US aid workers there were. The ones who were there came from Europe or some other African country.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

There is a better way, how about those 12 dudes after taking a knee, arrange, finance and take a group of young black inner city kids to Chad or East Africa. Let them see how Corrupt black leaders and rival rebels sandwich and destroy their own people. These people have no way out, no hope and only temporary relief from aid workers, church groups and other agencies. The mindset of people sometimes need a good dose of reality and while there are problems here, there are options out, in many places of the world there aren't. One thing that always troubled me when I was in Africa was how few black US aid workers there were. The ones who were there came from Europe or some other African country.
    Why should American citizens need to goto Africa because they took a knee during the national anthem? Should that teach them some kind of lesson that they should not take a knee? Why should it matter what is the skin color of foreign aid workers?

I think I get what you are saying, but instead of Chris Long spending time and money in east Africa with a foundation to supply fresh drinking water www.waterboys.org , maybe he should be taking black inner city kids to white neighborhoods in America so that they can see what its like in their own country. Show them a place where they can aspire to wear cargo shorts and a polo shirt and not be tasered or shot by police??

Why should American citizens need to goto Africa because they took a knee during the national anthem? Should that teach them some kind of lesson that they should not take a knee? Why should it matter what is the skin color of foreign aid workers?

I think I get what you are saying, but instead of Chris Long spending time and money in east Africa with a foundation to supply fresh drinking water www.waterboys.org , maybe he should be taking black inner city kids to white neighborhoods in America so that they can see what its like in their own country. Show them a place where they can aspire to wear cargo shorts and a polo shirt and not be tasered or shot by police??

No you do not.

They can meet Chad and Becky!

No you do not.
    I think I did ...

summation : the grass isnt always greener on the other side .....

do not be pissed at a few things not completed when as a people you have come so far in a relative short period of time ( not that it should have taken this long ) but huge steps have happened in the last 150 years , just because you where not here to witness them does not mean they didnt happen and progress isnt being made ....

it could be hella worse ... it is hella worse in many many many places ... this may be the best place on earth and you are still complaining

does that sum it up @shoes ?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Why don't they take a knee when they score a touchdown or make a sack instead? Oh that's right, those moments are about celebrating themselves.
    Exactly. The "protest" doesn't even enter their minds during or after games.
    Hater = Realist

It has nothing to do with taking a knee. I haven't said anything in this thread on that subject. I only added the "12 dudes" because Mojouw added that to his post and I think the experience I spoke of in my earlier posts would benefit them also. As for skin color, the shape of the eye, or any other features may not matter to us, but it makes a world of difference to the people in need. If your a Black America doctor going to a remote village in southern Chad you have an added advantage in reaching the people there because of your skin color first and a doctor second. And Chris Long should have brought a group of inner city black kids with him because they would have returned far richer and vision filled then most whites in their baggy shorts.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Like I posted earlier this season, Artie Burns Suxs! Who cares what he thinks and wouldn't surprise me if he is not a starter this upcoming season. Feel free to go back to the Anthem talk and just a reminder Artie Burns Sux as a player as well.

Is it really worth replying to??

This board is somewhat representative of the general population, so its not surprising to see some that again, either don't hear or don't want to discuss the real reason that players took a knee in the first place. Instead its about the flag, the military, patriotism. There are viewpoints that people have, which have been passed along for generations and those aren't likely to change on a message board.

http://▶ 0:20 <a href="https://www.f...379806303/</a>
    They took a knee to protest something that does not exist. Black people aren't mistreated by police any more or any less than any other race. As for oppression of Black people, that doesn't exist today in the US. The protest is as laughable as BLM.

If this really mattered to them they would protest after the game and on their own time too, but yet they don't. Why don't they protest domestic violence in the NFL?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

For one thing, one very BIG thing, taking people to a place for the purpose of helping others has a real affect on the people on both sides of the giving and receiving of help. The people being helped don't give any thought to the ethnic demographic of the person/people helping them. Has nothing to do with social/economic upbringing. The people doing the helping take away a sense of purpose and accomplishment in doing something for someone in need. AND that is a very real feeling that often becomes addictive as well as contagious and encouraging to others to also want to help.

MOST of the players kneeling during the anthem are not saying, "look at me". Perhaps some are, there's always that element amongst the true protesters. MOST are actually trying to be a voice of change to help someone. We cannot know when a protest like this does help someone. For instance, this is an attempt to make people in position of power THINK before they ACT in a violent way. None of us will ever know the true impact players kneeling has had on this issue. No police officer is going to come out and say, "you know I would have just shot the kid before and not risked using my actual training to truly assess the situation". ( And I'm asking you guys to take the meaning BEHIND these words over the ACTUAL words I'm using perhaps to understand the point of this. Rather than cherry pick sentences to poke holes in)

When the youth of any community, ANY COMMUNITY, help people of another community, again ANY COMMUNITY, the result is always positive. ALWAYS.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Like I posted earlier this season, Artie Burns Suxs! Who cares what he thinks and wouldn't surprise me if he is not a starter this upcoming season. Feel free to go back to the Anthem talk and just a reminder Artie Burns Sux as a player as well.
    Artie has some weakness to his game, true. IMO, he was drafted to play man coverage against the other team's #1WR, and in that he has been adequate. Where Burns lacks is in experience(getting burned at times), and in tackling/run support. I think that the more he is able to play CB vs WR the better he will become at that aspect of his game duties. He may never become actually 'good' at run support and tackling. Many CBs have had that same skillset and drawback and gone on to have Probowl seasons. I don't think this defense is set up personnel-wise to play 'traditional' style in the secondary. I feel that Haden is a HUGE asset right now in that he has the experience for this group. Sutton and Burns are the future. Haden has said himself that he expects to be making the move to FS eventually. Haden can be the mentor these young CBs need and if they can become what Haden has been, well....that's a pretty damn good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    For one thing, one very BIG thing, taking people to a place for the purpose of helping others has a real affect on the people on both sides of the giving and receiving of help. The people being helped don't give any thought to the ethnic demographic of the person/people helping them. Has nothing to do with social/economic upbringing. The people doing the helping take away a sense of purpose and accomplishment in doing something for someone in need. AND that is a very real feeling that often becomes addictive as well as contagious and encouraging to others to also want to help.

MOST of the players kneeling during the anthem are not saying, "look at me". Perhaps some are, there's always that element amongst the true protesters. MOST are actually trying to be a voice of change to help someone. We cannot know when a protest like this does help someone. For instance, this is an attempt to make people in position of power THINK before they ACT in a violent way. None of us will ever know the true impact players kneeling has had on this issue. No police officer is going to come out and say, "you know I would have just shot the kid before and not risked using my actual training to truly assess the situation". ( And I'm asking you guys to take the meaning BEHIND these words over the ACTUAL words I'm using perhaps to understand the point of this. Rather than cherry pick sentences to poke holes in)

When the youth of any community, ANY COMMUNITY, help people of another community, again ANY COMMUNITY, the result is always positive. ALWAYS.

Of course that would be the case in a famine stricken area, but longer term there is an advantage. There is a reason why western missionaries took on the language, dress and look of the Chinese's people (for example) they went to help in the 1800's. But I've already caused this thread to steer off course, so I digress.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It's a shame that something like this has to turn into a black/white thing when it should be a right/wrong thing we are talking about.

There are so many things that all of us don't know on both sides of the debate. We have all had life experiences that the people we are talking to can't possibly know or maybe even understand.

I just wish that everyone would just grow up and be accountable for their own actions and taking care of their own families. If everyone lived a good, honorable life, and they raised their children to be good people that should strive to love everyone in their lives, men should always treat women with respect, and that the color of someone's skin does not matter.....the country would take care of itself. Love your family and teach them the right things. Try to always treat others like you would want to be treated. Be accountable for your own situation.

I refuse to tolerate people that blame other people when they don't take care of their own issues.

Everyone knows right from wrong...…..everyone. It doesn't matter how much money you have, or if you have been raised in Hollywood or Harlem. We all have an inner compass that guides us and helps us make decisions. We also have our outside influences that help shape how we see the world, and teach us how to handle ourselves by example, like our parents.

I have been fortunate in this world to have wonderful parents that brought me up the right way. They took care of me, loved me, and kicked my ass when I needed it.

Some people have not been so fortunate in who they have had to raise them, guide them, and lead by example. That is not their fault. However, it is also not my fault or the fault of anyone not in their immediate family.

I think so many of us focus on the stuff we see happening now, and don't really see the underlying cause of the issues. So many people have a hard time overcoming their environment. There are so many that do, and that is a credit to them.

I see all this civil unrest, and while I do see a tough road for so many, I wish that more people were willing to be more introspective of what has led them individually, or as a people to where they currently are.

Are there white, racist assholes in this world? Without question.

Are there black, racist assholes in this world? Without question.

White people have had much more time as free men and women to forge their path.

Blacks were oppressed, and although free, have taken a long time to find their way and to overcome many obstacles along the way as they walked the path. I think we all understand that, or at least I hope we do.

I believe we have come to a place in time where there are no limits to what someone could do if they work hard enough and understand how the world works. It's time to stop blaming others and for people to fix their own problems from within.

I truly believe the problems of the black community are the result of too many kids without fathers or not being raised the right way. The problem is the underlying cause of much self-induced oppression. I know there is still hate out there, but that hate goes in both directions. I experience it every day in everyday life watching able bodied young men and women not working, collecting a check, selling drugs, having babies they don't care about, and sometimes committing violent acts. This applies to Whites, Blacks, and Hispanic people, but we all know the percentages are different for each demographic.

Fixing all of these problems starts at home. Men need to take responsibility for the children they produce and become a force of good in their lives. Not all relationships between men and women are good, but you can't ever stop fighting for your kids and preparing them for life and their futures.

Holding people accountable for how they live and not blaming outside forces is paramount to making life better for everyone. Some men and women need to become better people....period.....and we all need to put the blame of why there are so many troubled people where it belongs.

Last edited by pczach; 05-27-2018 at 12:17 PM.

I think we should alert the media that we ended racism and systemic injustice. We can also tell anyone who is upset with their lot in life that if they don’t like it; they need to realize that at least they are not a forced child soldier in an African civil-war.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I think we should alert the media that we ended racism and systemic injustice. We can also tell anyone who is upset with their lot in life that if they don’t like it; they need to realize that at least they are not a forced child soldier in an African civil-war.
    Is this comment really helping? Seems like you've become combative over this issue.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Interesting column by Ross Douthat (FWIW he is regarded to be a "conservative") in the NY Times today that includes this observation on debating the anthem issue, with which I find more and more reasons to agree

Everything about the intersection of sports and race relations and the Trump presidency is simply toxic, and expecting free speech to flourish where those rivers meet is like suggesting that a Superfund site cleanup begin by planting daffodils in the most polluted stretch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/26/o...ion-columnists