Thread: Bostic -I am a 3 down linebacker

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Bostic -I am a 3 down linebacker

Have to give him props for not lacking in the confidence department , but if he can or can't is still a story to be written

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Bostic -I am a 3 down linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Have to give him props for not lacking in the confidence department , but if he can or can't is still a story to be written

Hope he’s right.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The winged god of linebacker coverage

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Taunto, the winged god of linebacker coverage
    slight edit

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Will he last 16 games as a 3 down player?
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Jon Bostic the rare ‘every down linebacker’ the Steelers have been searching for

The Pittsburgh Steelers needed to find someone who could at least attempt to replace Ryan Shazier, and Jon Bostic might just be the man for the job.

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz May 24, 2018

Everyone knows the narrative by now.

The Pittsburgh Steelers needed to find a player who could at least attempt to be the answer at inside linebacker in place of Pro Bowler Ryan Shazier — and they failed to do so.

They tried to move up in the 2018 NFL Draft to pick Rashaan Evans, but failed, and they didn’t address the position in the other rounds.

But maybe they didn’t have to, after all, they did go out and pick up free agent linebacker Jon Bostic, who played last year for the Indianapolis Colts. Bostic is one of the few linebackers who can call themselves a pure three down linebacker.

“I’m a three-down backer; it’s tough to find those nowadays,” Bostic told Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette after his first time on the practice field with his new teammates. “I’m a backer that can play either or spot, I can play middle, I can play Will, it really doesn’t matter to me. I’ve done that throughout my career. I’m a bigger guy who can run. And I can cover as well. A lot of people don’t know that.”

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...an-shazier-nfl