Thread: Ravens Looking To Devise Ways To Get Lamar Jackson On Field

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ravens Looking To Devise Ways To Get Lamar Jackson On Field

The Baltimore Ravens may be viewing Lamar Jackson as their future, but it doesn’t sound as though they intend to wait to get him onto the field in some capacity, even with Joe Flacco still entrenched as the starter. The team traded back into the end of the first round to take the Louisville quarterback.

It’s an understandable position. Even if the Ravens might have missed the playoffs three years in a row, they don’t view themselves as a team that is rebuilding—in fact, they probably feel that they’ve accomplished that this offseason after swapping in five new receivers and a pair of tight ends...........

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/05...elers+Depot%29
    Last edited by stillers4me; 05-12-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Article Ravens Looking To Devise Ways To Get Lamar Jackson On Field

Here is an easy one. Bench Flacco.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Stupid Ravens...why is that some teams have not yet figured out that this type of quarterback doesn't work in the NFL?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Maybe if Bert worked on his conditioning a little bit?

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Here is an easy one. Bench Flacco.

Jacksons Mother agrees with this statement!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Ravens Looking To Devise Ways To Get Lamar Jackson On Field

Agreed. Just watch game film on Flacco. There's all the reason you need to start Jackson. Personally, I hope the Ravens waste Jackson on the bench.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Jackson would be a rookie sensation if given the opportunity. Then it would only be a matter of time until he got injured from running the ball. By the second year he would lose the advantage of other teams not having enough tape on him to plan.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

there in lies half the problem , they replaced 7 ( 5 wr and 2 TEs ) thinking that was the issue when in the fact the issue is the signal caller moonball Joe
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Either start him over Flacco or don't play Jackson at all.

Playing him anywhere besides QB is dumb.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Flacco is better than Jackson. Jackson will be good and exciting for a season n and then fall to obscurity like all of these guys do...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Ravens players in 'awe' of Lamar Jackson, compare him to 'a young Michael Vick'

The Lamar Jackson hype continues to grow in Baltimore

by Sean Wagner-McGough

Lamar Jackson isn't supposed to steal Joe Flacco's starting job this season, but he already has his Ravens teammates in "awe" of his talent and already earned a "young Michael Vick" comparison.

to read rest of article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-michael-vick/

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

I like Jackson, but these dual/threat guys never seem to pan out in the NFL. Sometimes they'll have a pretty good run, but it seems like they usually fizzle out, or start to become plagued with injuries if they rely on their legs more than their arm. I hope Jackson succeeds (not against us) but he reminds me of Mike Vick and Vick couldn't stay healthy. RGIII is another guy in that mold who couldn't stay healthy either, ironically he's on the same roster.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Flacco is better than Jackson. Jackson will be good and exciting for a season n and then fall to obscurity like all of these guys do...
    FWIW drafting Jackson got Flacco's attention

To put his summer to good use, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco has a time frame on his promise to get his receivers together for a throwing session....

When Flacco hosts his throwing session, it will only be the second time in 10 years that the quarterback has done so. The only time previously was seven years back, during the NFL lockout.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...614-story.html

Unless Jackson flames out, Flacco will be playing somewhere else next season