Thread: Somebody Liked the Steelers Draft....

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Somebody Liked the Steelers Draft....

ESPN is obviously a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers 2018 NFL Draft.

The network moved the Steelers up five spots in it's first post draft Power Ranking.

Pittsburgh is now No.3 on ESPN's list, behind only Philadelphia and New England, last year's Super Bowl participants.

(continued)

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...ings-118074124
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Re: Somebody Liked the Steelers Draft....

I got to say, I did not hate this draft. We didn't get everything I wanted, another LBer, but I expected to take a Safety, I thought we would try to trade Bryant and draft another WR. I figured on a RB and both an offensive and defensive lineman. We didn't take the players I thought we might, but looks like they got the players they wanted, except the main guy they wanted, same guy I wanted. I think they got some pretty good kids. Only time will tell.

AML

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Somebody Liked the Steelers Draft....

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    ESPN is obviously a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers 2018 NFL Draft.

The network moved the Steelers up five spots in it's first post draft Power Ranking.

Pittsburgh is now No.3 on ESPN's list, behind only Philadelphia and New England, last year's Super Bowl participants.

(continued)

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...ings-118074124
    I think its viewed as Burnett and Edmunds is an improvement over Mike Mitchell. Bostic is an improvement over Spence who was playing at the end of the season. Washington could be an improvement over the pouting Bryant and otherwise its the same Steelers team.

This draft will be judged as most, by the 1st round pick. Chuks in the 3rd is also a project that needs to work out for this draft to be successful. Otherwise its just a replacement of some special teamers and rotational players. Of course, if Mason Rudolph turns out to be Kirk Cousins OK in 3 seasons from now, it will be seen as a steal.