Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You’d Think Ben Might Have Learned Something From the QB Whose Job He Took

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: You’d Think Ben Might Have Learned Something From the QB Whose Job He Took

Ben Roethlisberger texted Mason Rudolph before the start of Steelers' rookie minicamp

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...okie-minicamp/

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger texted Mason Rudolph before the start of Steelers' rookie minicamp

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...okie-minicamp/

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Brokeback quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Funny the backup QB must have listened with those very same filters. Much ado about nothing

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...Ben-s-comments
    That’s because the backups have enough class to not stir drama when none is needed.

The reality is that you can’t turn on a national outlet in the past couple days where they are not chiding Ben for his immaturity. Whether he meant it that way or not, at this stage of his career and life he should know better.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That’s because the backups have enough class to not stir drama when none is needed.

The reality is that you can’t turn on a national outlet in the past couple days where they are not chiding Ben for his immaturity. Whether he meant it that way or not, at this stage of his career and life he should know better.
    LOL so if it's in the press it has to be true. Never mind what the 2 qbs are saying let's focus on what they "Really mean" and who would know better than the "PRESS".

LOL so if it's in the press it has to be true. Never mind what the 2 qbs are saying let's focus on what they "Really mean" and who would know better than the "PRESS".
    To be fair, I think DS means Ben should know better than to give the press things they can run with at this stage in his career. On that point, I agree with him. Still, it's much Ado about nothing in the end.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    To be fair, I think DS means Ben should know better than to give the press things they can run with at this stage in his career. On that point, I agree with him. Still, it's much Ado about nothing in the end.
    On this we disagree. It has nothing what-so-ever to do with being fair. Some in Steeler Nation, and even on this board, just don't like Ben and it really is as simple as that. If it's not what he says then it's how he says it. Nothing Ben does or says will ever be good enough.

Ben hasn't won a SB in 10 years as if it's as easy as falling out of bed and hitting your head . How many other QBs have never even been to the SB let alone win it?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

On this we disagree. It has nothing what-so-ever to do with being fair. Some in Steeler Nation, and even on this board, just don't like Ben and it really is as simple as that. If it's not what he says then it's how he says it. Nothing Ben does or says will ever be good enough.

Ben hasn't won a SB in 10 years as if it's as easy as falling out of bed and hitting your head . How many other QBs have never even been to the SB let alone win it?
    Some of us can appreciate his play on the field and yet still acknowledge his immaturity off the field. He's a drama queen. Everyone in the national media can see it and most in Steeler Nation. Some choose not to. It's the offseason and this is a message board. When Ben says things to stir the pot, we're gonna talk about it. When the season starts I hope he wins MVP.

Some of us can appreciate his play on the field and yet still acknowledge his immaturity off the field. He's a drama queen. Everyone in the national media can see it and most in Steeler Nation. Some choose not to.

It's the offseason and this is a message board.

When Ben says things to stir the pot, we're gonna talk about it. When the season starts I hope he wins MVP.
    Agreed.

I think a lot of people here just enjoy the conversation and banter with fellow Steelers fans while we wait for the season to start.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Agreed.

I think a lot of people here just enjoy the conversation and banter with fellow Steelers fans while we wait for the season to start.
    While this is 100% true, some of us get tired of every thread turning into the same tabloid conversation and banter. This particular thread seems to be made just for that purpose so it fits here. But there are some threads that have been started to talk actual team/football topics that have been hijacked into becoming the same thread banter basically. Could just be my own personal need for organization and order, but when every thread that is started devolves into bickering about the same 2-3 players, it becomes much less interesting around here.

Speaking of....heard on a podcast recently about the QB situation when Ben was drafted. Ben was actually the 4th QB on the depth chart at the time, much like Rudolph now. Injuries to 2 guys during preseason moved Ben to the #2 spot, and then the Maddox injury got Ben his first start, and the rest is awesomeness. I am not suggesting the same thing happen now by any stretch. Just saying the future is always fluid and 'shit' always happens. I think we improved the QB room and however the players feel about it, the fans should have more confidence moving forward now.

Some of us can appreciate his play on the field and yet still acknowledge his immaturity off the field. He's a drama queen. Everyone in the national media can see it and most in Steeler Nation. Some choose not to. It's the offseason and this is a message board. When Ben says things to stir the pot, we're gonna talk about it. When the season starts I hope he wins MVP.
    You seem to hold the national media in high regards, I do not. The National media who wants to sell their own opinions as fact vs what Ben actually says. Ben clearly states that he will help Mason if he comes to him, but yeah he is the drama queen in all this, and the national media is above reproach.

You seem to hold the national media in high regards, I do not. The National media who wants to sell their own opinions as fact vs what Ben actually says. Ben clearly states that he will help Mason if he comes to him, but yeah he is the drama queen in all this, and the national media is above reproach.
    You completely miss my point. I'm not holding them in high regard, I'm acknowledging that Ben continues to give them stories over the years. When Steelers' fans deny that Ben does this, it comes across like Patriots' fans denying that NE has ever cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    While this is 100% true, some of us get tired of every thread turning into the same tabloid conversation and banter. This particular thread seems to be made just for that purpose so it fits here. But there are some threads that have been started to talk actual team/football topics that have been hijacked into becoming the same thread banter basically. Could just be my own personal need for organization and order, but when every thread that is started devolves into bickering about the same 2-3 players, it becomes much less interesting around here.

Speaking of....heard on a podcast recently about the QB situation when Ben was drafted.

Ben was actually the 4th QB on the depth chart at the time, much like Rudolph now.

Injuries to 2 guys during preseason moved Ben to the #2 spot, and then the Maddox injury got Ben his first start, and the rest is awesomeness.

I am not suggesting the same thing happen now by any stretch. Just saying the future is always fluid and 'shit' always happens. I think we improved the QB room and however the players feel about it, the fans should have more confidence moving forward now.
    I understand and mentioned somewhere that despite typically missing only a few games a season if knocked out, he (or anyone for that matter) could snap their leg and be out for the season on any given play.

So I do think the Rudolph signing was excellent.

You completely miss my point. I'm not holding them in high regard, I'm acknowledging that Ben continues to give them stories over the years. When Steelers' fans deny that Ben does this, it comes across like Patriots' fans denying that NE has ever cheated.
    You have yet to show me how Ben came off as a drama queen in his interview. If you listen to the whole interview you will hear him say that he will help Mason if he comes to him, a glaring example of Ben being the leader that you previously questioned. When I tell you that Mason himself has stated this is much ado about nothing you completely dismiss it as him not wanting to stir the pot. I have seen the National press insinuate as much and it is an opinion on what someone believes Mason is trying to communicate based on one's own bias. I have no idea if Mason is just trying to not stir the pot or if he truly means what he says, so for now I will take the man at his word.

You have yet to show me how Ben came off as a drama queen in his interview. If you listen to the whole interview you will hear him say that he will help Mason if he comes to him, a glaring example of Ben being the leader that you previously questioned. When I tell you that Mason himself has stated this is much ado about nothing you completely dismiss it as him not wanting to stir the pot. I have seen the National press insinuate as much and it is an opinion on what someone believes Mason is trying to communicate based on one's own bias. I have no idea if Mason is just trying to not stir the pot or if he truly means what he says, so for now I will take the man at his word.
    We'll just agree to disagree. I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Chances are Ben gets injured at some point for a few games in the next 2 seasons and we get a chance to see if this kids got it or not. That's usually how it happens. It's almost never a nice, clean handoff. Timing will likely not go as planned and the end for Ben will likely be abrupt. Hopefully he wins a SB in the next 3 years and calls it a career.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Plus the media as had nothing else better to talk about.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Agreed 100%

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Yeah, I really wish Ben would just regurgitate all the stock answers that most everyone else does....NOT. Rich Eisen was like a dog with a bone, couldn’t let go of what Ben said.....meanwhile Cowherd totally agreed with what Ben said. How strange is that.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

ben is worried that Rudolph might be good and he is one injury away from losing his job. I hope Rudolph is good but he has just as much chance to be a Landry Jones . not sure why ben is so worried

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Things I trust Ben to do:
    -throw the ball to AB
    -lead this team
    -be awesome
    -make “WOW!!!” plays
    -win SuperBowls

Things I do NOT trust Ben to do:
    -speak
    -hang out with my daughter
    -ride motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Yeah, I really wish Ben would just regurgitate all the stock answers that most everyone else does....NOT. Rich Eisen was like a dog with a bone, couldn’t let go of what Ben said.....meanwhile Cowherd totally agreed with what Ben said. How strange is that.
    Cowherd makes a living from taking the alternate view. That's his schtick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    -throw the ball to AB
    -lead this team
    -be awesome
    -make “WOW!!!” plays
    -win SuperBowls

-speak
    -ride motorcycles
    Lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

-throw the ball to AB
    -lead this team
    -be awesome
    -make “WOW!!!” plays
    -win SuperBowls

-speak
    -ride motorcycles
    Deep Thoughts by Ben Roethlisberger:

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Damn... Bunch of Ben haters in here
    Yep. If anyone thinks Ben isn't going to help Rudolph, they're dumber than a bag of hair. Of course, that's what happens when some people get their "news" from Twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

-speak
    -ride motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Deep Thoughts by Ben Roethlisberger:

I can picture a world without war, a world without hate. I can also picture us attacking that world... because, they would never expect it.”