Thread: Who Gets the Green Dot?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Who Gets the Green Dot?

I've been thinking about this lately. But if the Steelers are going to play a ton of dime and nickel and whatever "Seven" ends up being, it is possible that VW and Bostic are not on the field as much as ILB of the past. So who gets the fancy radio helmet?

Bostic and he is the "1" in a 4-1-6? Or does it go to Burnett and hope the vet picks up the defense real quick? Or does Sean Davis get that added to his plate?

Communication has been an issue for this defense and over the weekend Mike Mitchell basically said that the defense has at least a couple idiots that needed help getting lined up every play (has to be Artie Burns and someone else). So wonder who gets to be hall monitor this year?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Who Gets the Green Dot?

Sutton.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Sutton.
    So you have him in the starting line-up? Over Burns I'm gonna guess?

I mean, I bet he knows the defense upside down and backwards by this point...

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

I do think they find a way to get Sutton on the field this year and it would make sense to give him the helmet. He has certainly become a little bit of the forgotten man with all of this talk of safeties and such.

I guess the question is did William Gay have it when he was the dime guy? Because that is the likely place for Sutton to get his snaps is taking over for Gay.

OK. So according to this, you can have two guys get the sticker, just only have one on the field at a time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...cations-system

So then, not as complex as I thought. I thought you could only have one helmet period. Nevermind...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Artie Burns is definitely one of those "idiots"...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It doesn't matter, just do what the Patriots do and install your own radio in addition to the official one. That way any idiot can do it because the coordinator is the one calling the defense all the way up until the snap.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Gotta be Vince or Burnett. Burnett will pick up the defense swiftly. If theres any doubt, VW has done it a ton of times anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Flipsteeler: Who is the defensive player who wears the green dot on his helmet and receives def calls from Butler?
    Ed Bouchette: I'm guessing Bostic because traditionally it goes to an inside linebacker who stays on the field most of the time.

Adam: Why is everyone so convinced Bostic is a stopgap player? Does he have any upside?
    Ed Bouchette: Maybe because he is with his 5th team in six years and signed only a 2-year contract.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201805150079

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So you have him in the starting line-up? Over Burns I'm gonna guess?

I mean, I bet he knows the defense upside down and backwards by this point...
    Sutton will be on the field. I don't know where but he's too valuable a player to waste.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Adam: Why is everyone so convinced Bostic is a stopgap player? Does he have any upside?
    Ed Bouchette: Maybe because he is with his 5th team in six years and signed only a 2-year contract.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201805150079
    Ed is so much fun to read! Some will complain that he is abrupt and sarcastic, but when people ask questions to which the answer is self evident, they deserve that answer.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Ed is so much fun to read! Some will complain that he is abrupt and sarcastic, but when people ask questions to which the answer is self evident, they deserve that answer.
    That’s Ed. He emailed me once during halftime of a Steelers @ Titans game. It was a sarcastic comment lol.