Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's exciting about Washington

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: What's exciting about Washington

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Here’s how much I loved the Limas Sweed pick: if we went back in time, knowing what we know now, I’d still make the pick again in a heartbeat.
    Every guy in my fantasy football league that year was raving about Spindy and Sweed. I was like, ok. I had no clue.

I'm no draftnik but I won the FF championship that year. Those posers!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    ok, you can pick Limas Sweed as long as you promise not to select any of the other 2008 Steelers draft class again.
    Deal

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yup! I also thought the Mendenhall pick was going to be neat-o as well. To be honest, I remember liking that entire draft.

Wrong on every single guy!
    This draft is one of the many drafts where Bruce Arians leaked the name of a player (who Mike Tomlin liked) to Ed Bouchette... and that player getting stolen from us.

Tomlin liked Branden Albert. Arians told Bouchette. Bouchette wrote about it. We missed out on Albert.

Same me thing happened with Darrelle Revis. And, JJ Watt.

In that draft, I loved me some Ray Rice... and I got him!!! Wait, I meant to say that the Ravens stole him from them... me... us.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

In that draft, I loved me some Ray Rice... and I got him!!! Wait, I meant to say that the Ravens stole him from them... me... us.
    Matt Elam?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Matt Elam?

Hey, even I miss sometimes... I mean, even Ozzie misses sometimes.

(Truthfully, as bad as he was, he might have been a better pick than Jarvis Jones.)

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

(Truthfully, as bad as he was, he might have been a better pick than Jarvis Jones.)
    That is what I think. If they picked Elam, he might have given the steelers more production than the sandwich artist

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, did anybody read that Washington is going to use money from his signing bonus to fix up his first vehicle? Its something like an '85 Chevy Silverado.....how country is that? This kid is gonna come to work !

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    That is what I think. If they picked Elam, he might have given the steelers more production than the sandwich artist

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, did anybody read that Washington is going to use money from his signing bonus to fix up his first vehicle? Its something like an '85 Chevy Silverado.....how country is that? This kid is gonna come to work !
    Remember Alfred Morris when he was w/Washington, he would drive his 1991 Mazda 626 to camp?

Maybe the Pittsburgh Chevy dealership will fix it up like Mazda did with Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Nice.

I remember that Donovan McNabb spent a gaggle on souping up an El Camino (or something), and had himself a very good career. Then, he got a fancy sports car... and starting getting a bunch of DUIs.

Cooncidence? I think not.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Ray Fittipaldo's Steelers chat transcript: 5.21.18

Ray Fittipaldo: Welcome to my Steelers chat. Let's get it started.

Brian: Which Steeler rookie logs the most snaps in 2018 season ? Who is your favorite add from draft or undrafted free agent signings ?

Ray Fittipaldo: Assuming he remains injury-free, I would have to say second-round pick James Washington. Offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner came out and said they are expect him to assume the No. 3 WR spot that was vacated by Martavis Bryant being traded to the Raiders. I expect Terrell Edmunds to see duty as a sub-package DB but I don't expect him to start. The sub-package DB last year was Will Gay, and he only played 35-40 percent of the snaps I think.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201805210085