Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ben: The Mason Rudolph Era is 'not going to be for a while'

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Ben: The Mason Rudolph Era is 'not going to be for a while'

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    AB has been posting some strange tweets/instagram.

Also, wasn't Arians the one who wanted to draft AB
    I'm wondering if someone hacked into his Twitter account. It just seems so odd.

On second thought, I think maybe someone tried to, or did, take advantage of him and it pissed him off. I dunno. What do you think about it?

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post

On second thought, I think maybe someone tried to, or did, take advantage of him and it pissed him off. I dunno. What do you think about it?
    Does it really matter, BA is out and AB is still the best. .....See what I did?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post

Seems like these high level pro athletes run on “disrespect” as motivation. If there isn’t something obvious, they will manufacture something. Now, thanks to social media, we get to see that process. Oh joy. Happy Day.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Yep, we could have kept Arnaz Battle and let the other AB go.

https://www.steelers.com/news/labrio...a-man-ab-vs-ba
    WOW ! I knew I didn't like Arians offenses, because they devalued the run game and for that reason, had a hard time running a 4 minute offense to close out games....but as a talent evaluator that shows some lousy insight. He wanted to cut a future Hall of Fame WR????

Maybe he wanted the roster spot for another TE/H-back? What a clown.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    WOW ! I knew I didn't like Arians offenses, because they devalued the run game and for that reason, had a hard time running a 4 minute offense to close out games....but as a talent evaluator that shows some lousy insight. He wanted to cut a future Hall of Fame WR????

These observations from Labriola in the linked article regarding AB and BA - apparently Labriola is as much a fan of Arians as I am

Maybe what spurred this is how Arians has been heard on the local airwaves recently to help talk shows fill the air during a time of the year when there is no local NBA franchise, when the hockey team is out of the playoffs, and when the baseball team is slumping. Since the national networks always are eager to promote their broadcast crews, and few love the sound of their own voice as much as Arians, it was a natural to dial him up and get him on the air.

Full disclosure: I have no idea what Arians said or might have said in these appearances, because I have no interest in listening to what always devolves into self-promotion or self-congratulation....

So this fall, if you happen to be listening to Arians on a talk show or as an analyst during a CBS telecast, just keep in mind that the same guy who’s talking to you in that moment is the same one who wanted to cut Antonio Brown.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    AB has been posting some strange tweets/instagram.

Also, wasn't Arians the one who wanted to draft AB?
    I’ve been following him and yes, he has. He will get into some sort of social media distraction at some point...he’s all over it and at times, he’s a little bit out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    These observations from Labriola in the linked article regarding AB and BA - apparently Labriola is as much a fan of Arians as I am

Maybe what spurred this is how Arians has been heard on the local airwaves recently to help talk shows fill the air during a time of the year when there is no local NBA franchise, when the hockey team is out of the playoffs, and when the baseball team is slumping. Since the national networks always are eager to promote their broadcast crews, and few love the sound of their own voice as much as Arians, it was a natural to dial him up and get him on the air.

Full disclosure: I have no idea what Arians said or might have said in these appearances, because I have no interest in listening to what always devolves into self-promotion or self-congratulation....

So this fall, if you happen to be listening to Arians on a talk show or as an analyst during a CBS telecast, just keep in mind that the same guy who’s talking to you in that moment is the same one who wanted to cut Antonio Brown.

This is a bit of revisionist history. AB put up #'s in preseason, but many were against back-ups. He looked great in practice. You know who looks dominant in every single practice and training camp he has ever been in? Justin Hunter.

This is not really an attempt to defend BA. He is very clearly in love with himself and has decided he is a football genius - despite evidence to the contrary. However, while cutting AB would have been a mistake -- sending him to the practice squad was not the massive idiocy it seems in hindsight.

However, I am really really glad, someone else with some damn sense won the day. I'm going to guess Richard Mann?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Arians did release future HOF'er John Kuhn so all of this should be no surprise.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Ben McAdoo would have chosen Mason Rudolph before Baker Mayfield:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ack-prospects/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

That was a common thought process during some periods of the evaluation process.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Bob McAdoo looks like guy who uses a BOGO coupon at the bowling alley, to get two games for himself.

#DanLeBatardShow

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Bob McAdoo looks like guy who uses a BOGO coupon at the bowling alley, to get two games for himself.

#DanLeBatardShow
    Yup and didn't he choose Geno Smith over Eli Manning to start a game? I cant believe anybody gave him a job as an NFL analyst.