Thread: Steelers Believe “Chuks” Probably Has Most Unique Upside Of Entire 2018 Draft Class

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers Believe “Chuks” Probably Has Most Unique Upside Of Entire 2018 Draft Class

Were you surprised to see the Pittsburgh Steelers draft a tackle this year, and in the third-round at that? I know I was, but even so, the one they selected 92nd overall in 2018 NFL Draft, Chukwuma Okorafor out of Western Michigan, is one they have had their eyes on for some time now, according to general manager Kevin Colbert.
    “Chuks, he’s a rare, very, very talented tackle,” Colbert said during the Steelers draft recap press conference Saturday night. “You know, Coach [Mike Tomlin] and I were just talking before, we’ve been seeing a lot of these kids really for the last two years. And Chuks was a kid last year when we went into Western Michigan to look at Corey Davis and [Taylor] Moton, their right tackle, Chuks kind of stood out on film. And we followed up and continued to scout him throughout this season.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04...8-draft-class/

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Steelers Believe Chuks Probably Has Most Unique Upside Of Entire 2018 Draft Class

Yes, and McCullers has the most upside of any D linemen 4 years ago. Bottom line is that passive football players need to get some nasty to excel in pro football. Hope he does it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers Believe Chuks Probably Has Most Unique Upside Of Entire 2018 Draft Class

There is a picture going round on Twitter that is evidently the Browns draft book that has their breakdown of Chuks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well if anyone can get him up to his potential it will be Munch. If he doesnt pan out, then I doubt anyone could have got him there.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

What's exciting about Okorafor

By Mike Prisuta

Third-round tackle far from a finished product.

Why you should be excited about third-round offensive tackle Chukwuma Okorafor:

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...a-d579e3bfc43d

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yes, and McCullers has the most upside of any D linemen 4 years ago. Bottom line is that passive football players need to get some nasty to excel in pro football. Hope he does it.
    Well, in his defense, he's only been playing football for 6 years, and he apparently started as a punter/kicker (that's a sight I'd like to see...lol). He probably hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Okorafor Already Playing Both Tackle Spots For Steelers

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on June 12, 2018

Chukwuma Okorafor could be counted on for a larger-than-anticipated role following Jerald Hawkins’ season-ending quad injury. And the Steelers, as they often do, are making sure the rookie is versatile.

According to an article from Teresa Varley of Steelers.com posted earlier Tuesday afternoon, Okorafor confirmed he’s played left and right tackle during OTAs.

“It kinda seems like it’s going that way,” he told Varley. “One week I was playing left (tackle) and the next week I was playing right (tackle).”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/06...-for-steelers/

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Chucks did not work out well, running, sliding or lifting. If you think Manyock is good, he said his film was weak.

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Chuks hasn't hit his ceiling yet. If anyone can get this kid to realize his potential it'll be Mike Munchak.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Re: Steelers Believe “Chuks” Probably Has Most Unique Upside Of Entire 2018 Draft Class

4 reasons why Chuks Okorafor could take a big step in 2021

Okorafor taking huge strides in 2021 may not be expected, but would certainly be welcomed.

By Dave.Schofield Jul 2, 2021

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...rs-left-tackle