Thread: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

2018 Regular Season Thread

Great game tonight. It got exciting as hell there in the bottom of the 9th for our Buccos against the Cards.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

I saw the last hit. Down 5-0, and win 6-5.

JayHay will be back later. Kang is returning but has a very long road back.

Only a 1/2 game out of first. Not bad after getting swept by the Phillies and dropping down in the standings last week.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Another great win against the Cards last night. The game was like a comedy of errors and was hilarious to watch. Our Bucs couldn't have lost that game if they tried.

1st place, baby!

And the Cards go tumbling down.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    And the Cards go tumbling down.

Great to watch.

I have free MLB at bat/MLB.tv through T-Mobile so I can watch alot of games moreso than previously

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Haven’t watched at all but is this team for real or is this just some early season heroics that cool off when the meat of the season comes around?

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Haven’t watched at all but is this team for real or is this just some early season heroics that cool off when the meat of the season comes around?
    Probably second one, but that doesn't stop me enjoying these early heroics.

Послато са Mi A1 уз помоћ Тапатока

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Probably second one, but that doesn't stop me enjoying these early heroics.

I agree w/Drazo. I don't think they can sustain it for the entire season.

Now, will they be a pain in someone's side? Yeah.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I'll take it as well.

Another thing someone needs to explain to me is that Searage is some sort of guru of pitching. But Gerrit Cole gets traded for a bag of beans and now he is the lord of strikeouts?

I get Searage's philosophy of pitching to contact , getting ground balls, etc. But seriously? This was what Cole could've been and the Pirates were just like "Nope. Can you give us more of a late career junkballer vibe? No need for those fancy strikouts when a nice solid groundball to the shortstop will work just fine."

I kinda think they may have out-thought themselves here.

The Pirates suck.

That is all.

Hey, we won one tonight!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Streak is over but good run.

It's fun to see the Cardinals below us.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Don't like the trade for Archer one bit. You gave too much for pitcher who is worse than Cole whom you gave for peanuts. Don't get it. Only reason is that they underestimated this squad, and now they are surprised that they're in the hunt for wildcard. But it's only wildcard, and this team ain't competing for world series any time soon. Don't get it, don't like it.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

I didn’t mind the Archer pickup, he’s a piece but not a number one starter. The Pirates are tough to figure out and have been that way( mediocre) for years. Scouting needs a overhaul still. Will ownership spend some bucks in FA this offseason? They better splurge for more talent.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Raise It! Buccos just clinched themselves a winning season. Beat the Reds 8-4