Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 991 to 1,002 of 1002

Thread: The Official 2018 Draft Day Thread!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: The Official 2018 Draft Day Thread!

Mark Kaboly‏Verified account @MarkKaboly 38m38 minutes ago

Kaboly: Steelers 'respecting the board' won't do them a lick of good in chasing that Lombardi this year
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Kaboly is another wind bag I won't pay to read.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Kaboly is another wind bag I won't pay to read.
    he can't even get the Steelers' draft choices' names right:

Mark Kaboly Verified account@MarkKaboly

James Saxon about RB Jaylen Smith. – at UPMC Sports Performance Complex

https://twitter.com/markkaboly?lang=en

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He's entitled to his opinion, but him making a comment like this is just a hot take IMO.

He has no idea of how any of these picks will be used.

He barely knows who the UDFAs are.

He hasn't seen any of them practice or play at an NFL level yet.

He doesn't know what other moves will be made.

He has no idea how good Bostic will be at ILB with this defensive line playing in front of him and in this system.

He seems to be pretending that Burnett wasn't signed or isn't an upgrade at safety.

I get so pissed when I hear stuff like this from someone who should know better. He knows that the Steelers picked up Haden before the season started last year. He knows this, yet he still makes that statement.

Mark Kaboly just dropped a few notches from what I felt about him before reading his comment. It shows a complete lack of understanding as a guy that covers football, or he is just become another "Mr. Hot Takes". Either way, he is discrediting himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    he can't even get the Steelers' draft choices' names right:

Mark Kaboly Verified account@MarkKaboly

James Saxon about RB Jaylen Smith. – at UPMC Sports Performance Complex

https://twitter.com/markkaboly?lang=en

Exactly.....

How about doing your job correctly and a little attention to detail there Mark Kobaldo.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Well put Dan.

There are so many unknowns at this point that anyone that makes a definitive statement on the big picture about how things went in the draft or how things are going to proceed going forward is a fool.

I don't know everything, but I do know this. There is a plan at work here. It involves position flexibility, versatility, tackling, football IQ, communication skills on and off the field, and starting to weed out certain types of behavior while trying to move on from players that don't want to be here or are inherent risks to the overall success of the team.

How they put all the chess pieces together and what additional talent is acquired or released is to be determined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Well put Dan.

There are so many unknowns at this point that anyone that makes a definitive statement on the big picture about how things went in the draft or how things are going to proceed going forward is a fool.

I don't know everything, but I do know this. There is a plan at work here. It involves position flexibility, versatility, tackling, football IQ, communication skills on and off the field, and starting to weed out certain types of behavior while trying to move on from players that don't want to be here or are inherent risks to the overall success of the team.

How they put all the chess pieces together and what additional talent is acquired or released is to be determined.

Sorry, the board keeps putting my response within your quote and won't allow me to correct it. I think it's a problem when tweets are in a quoted post.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

great post
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Having trouble quoting stuff. Great posts by the usual suspects. As to Kaboly, he can’t even spell. It is LUDICROUS unless he was intentionally name dropping the rapper in some complex Le’Veon Bell burn. I realize it was an autocorrect error, but if you are so amped to fire out a Tweet that you can’t even catch that, then it is pretty clear you are just a haaawwwttt taaaaake meathead at this point.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Virtual ray of sunshine.....

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Virtual ray of sunshine.....

Kaboly is in the job of drawing page hits - there are a few media types who would take a pay cut if they got a NFL job - Kaboly is not one of those few

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trsorbonnespeech.html

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Dude needs glasses.........

Senior Member Array title="Terrapinstation is on a distinguished road">

Kaboly's right though. The Steelers aren't going to reinvent the concept of defense by having 5 safeties on the field