Thread: pretty cool letter

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

pretty cool letter

a follower of mine on twitter just posted this up ( Ralph Cindrich former player agent author of NFL Brawler and western pa local )

may be one of the coolest pieces of memorabilia I have ever seen

and this being the Draft week makes it even cooler ( for me anyways )

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: pretty cool letter

SO many things in that letter just indicate how much has changed. Can you imagine a head coach feeling like he has to learn more about a draft pick this day and age? Or what about needing a 40 time on a guy?

Not meant as a criticism at all (this thing is way cool) just that in almost 4 decades, there has been a world of change!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    SO many things in that letter just indicate how much has changed. Can you imagine a head coach feeling like he has to learn more about a draft pick this day and age? Or what about needing a 40 time on a guy?

Not meant as a criticism at all (this thing is way cool) just that in almost 4 decades, there has been a world of change!

" if you have shoes for artificial turf bring them "

- - - Updated - - -

Thomas F. Brzoza (born August 29, 1956) is a former American football player. He played college football at the center and guard positions for the University of Pittsburgh from 1974 to 1977 and was a consensus first-team center on the 1977 College Football All-America Team.[1][2] He was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 11th round of the 1978 NFL Draft, but he was injured and released in August 1978. Brzoza hired an attorney and made a claim that the practice session in which he was injured violated NFL off-season regulations against conducting practices with shoulder pads; he reached a settlement with the Steelers in March 1979

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

There were so many rounds back then. It would be the equivalent to hearing about a player at a small school that is off the radar, but you get a heads up from someone you trust to give him a look without knowing anything about him.

Today, they know what kind of toilet paper the lowest rated player on the board used in the Job Johnny at the campground his family visited when he was in high school.

Absolutely amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    There were so many rounds back then. It would be the equivalent to hearing about a player at a small school that is off the radar, but you get a heads up from someone you trust to give him a look without knowing anything about him.

Today, they know what kind of toilet paper the lowest rated player on the board used in the Job Johnny at the campground his family visited when he was in high school.

Absolutely amazing!

slightly off topic but in 1973 there was 17 rounds to the draft ....

and Donnie Shell was STILL and UDFA ......

14 seasons later and 51 ints he retired as the all time leading Int leader among Safeties in the league at that time ..... and it still didn't get him into Canton

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

14 seasons later and 51 ints he retired as the all time leading Int leader among Safeties in the league at that time ..... and it still didn't get him into Canton

What a great pickup he was!

They were largely working in the dark for many years with scouting. The money wasn't there like it is today, so the resources were very limited. There were so many unknown players that became stars that any team that developed and upgraded their scouting systems had a huge advantage over other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    How many people are trying that phone number right now, ​Just to see . . .
    its the ticket office number now lol

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Very cool dwins!

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

That is truely a special piece of memorabilia, very very cool!!!

I agree with what you say about Donnie Shell, and all thanks to that IDIOT Peter King.

L.C needs to be there too

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Hmmm, and how did you find that out?
    I think it is abundantly clear how lol

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

its the ticket office number now lol
    Did you call collect?

That stuck out to me as well in the letter.

That's a very cool letter

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bill Nunn

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Very cool Dwinsgames ! Thanks for sharing.....got that mounted on your cave wall ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Very cool Dwinsgames ! Thanks for sharing.....got that mounted on your cave wall ?
    no it was in a twitter friends old files he ran across it going through them and posted a pic of it , he is a former player and agent and author of the book NFL brawlers , great western Pa guy Ralph Cindrich