Thread: If The Steelers trade Brown

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

If The Steelers trade Brown

Suppose Detroit trades their #1 pick from Brown.

My mock would be

1A ) ILB White. A speedy 3 down player.
    1B ) WR Samuel. Impressive at the senior bowl. Big, fast, top hands, competitive.
    2 ) CB Ya Sin. The best corner at the senior bowl. Good ball skills, decent size. Tough minded. An ideal #2 staring corner.
    3 ) FS I Johnson. Has top height and speed. A former corner. Davis needs to be replaced. He misses too many tackle and makes too few plays on the ball

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

Re: If The Steelers trade Brown

I doubt Detroit makes that trade because they have MANY needs at other positions before they're competitive and they need their picks to gain players on Defense.

Oakland is in the same boat as Detroit BUT has many picks to play with and can more afford to toss away picks on a Franchise WR. (AB & 20 for 4 and 24)

SF could trade their pick on top of two because they have a decent team....but I don't see them trading a their #2 pick unless we trade out 20 too. (AB & 20 for 2 and 66 ???)

Washington could be in player simply because their owner likes to collect old players and make off-season headlines. (15 for AB)

Carolina has a good team but no weapons down field for Cam to throw too. Their rookie looked good but playing a #1 opposite could have him playing like Juju in year two. (16 for AB)

Tennessee at 19 could use a weapon for their young QB and WR to develop with plus they have a history with Pittsburgh players.

Colts at 26 could also be a player looking to match up someone with their already talented WR and maybe even Le'Veon Bell.

With Carolina being in the NFC and not a risk to Pittsburgh's playoff hopes, I think they are the most likely team to make a trade....if their cap allows, I haven't looked into it.....

RD1.16 - ILB - Devon White - LSU (f/ AB Trade) Replace Ryan Shazier (Alternate ILB Mack Brown - Alabama)
    RD1.20 - CB - Byron Murphy - Washington Replace Burns (Alternate CB DeAndre Baker - Georgia)
    RD2 - WR - Riley Ridley - Georgia Replace AB (Luxury pick due to AB trade)
    RD3 - OG - Michael Deiter - Wisconsin Replaces Free Agent Foster
    RD4 - DE/OLB - Carl Granderson - Wyoming Replaces Free Agent Chickillo / Depth Chart
    RD5 - TRADED
    RD6 - ILB - Khalil Hodge - Buffalo (f/Trade) Replaces under performing Free Agent in 2018 Jon Bostic / Depth Chart
    RD6 - CB - Mark Gilbert - Duke Fights for depth / Prac. Sq.
    RD7 - RB - Traveon McMillan - Colorado (f/Trade) Fights for depth / Prac. Sq. / Replacing S.Ridley
    RD7 - TRADED

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Saints are a team that gets overlooked in this discussion. Drew Brees is due $30M next season in what is believed by most to be his farewell tour. Trading Brown to the Saints would not pay dividends year because they do not have a first round pick. But they have players and a first round pick in the 2020 draft. I believe the Saints organization wants badly to send Brees out on top and would be willing to pay a bit ‘extra’ for a player like AB to make that happen.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The Saints are a team that gets overlooked in this discussion. Drew Brees is due $30M next season in what is believed by most to be his farewell tour. Trading Brown to the Saints would not pay dividends year because they do not have a first round pick. But they have players and a first round pick in the 2020 draft. I believe the Saints organization wants badly to send Brees out on top and would be willing to pay a bit ‘extra’ for a player like AB to make that happen.
    I agree. I had mentioned (somewhere) that the Saints would indeed go all in.

Id prefer a R1 in 2020 anyway (such a better draft). That said, it’d have to come with a player... namely: Marshon Lattimore.

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

Are you claiming Lattimore and a First in 2020? Plus we can use our one this year for someone like Bama's ILB? I'm down for that trade all day every day. We'd be robbing them blind. It would be counter productive to them trying to win one before Brees leaves.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by BEERgods225 View Post
    I doubt Detroit makes that trade because they have MANY needs at other positions before they're competitive and they need their picks to gain players on Defense.

Oakland is in the same boat as Detroit BUT has many picks to play with and can more afford to toss away picks on a Franchise WR. (AB & 20 for 4 and 24)

SF could trade their pick on top of two because they have a decent team....but I don't see them trading a their #2 pick unless we trade out 20 too. (AB & 20 for 2 and 66 ???)

Washington could be in player simply because their owner likes to collect old players and make off-season headlines. (15 for AB)

Carolina has a good team but no weapons down field for Cam to throw too. Their rookie looked good but playing a #1 opposite could have him playing like Juju in year two. (16 for AB)

Tennessee at 19 could use a weapon for their young QB and WR to develop with plus they have a history with Pittsburgh players.

Colts at 26 could also be a player looking to match up someone with their already talented WR and maybe even Le'Veon Bell.

With Carolina being in the NFC and not a risk to Pittsburgh's playoff hopes, I think they are the most likely team to make a trade....if their cap allows, I haven't looked into it.....

RD1.16 - ILB - Devon White - LSU (f/ AB Trade) Replace Ryan Shazier (Alternate ILB Mack Brown - Alabama)
    RD1.20 - CB - Byron Murphy - Washington Replace Burns (Alternate CB DeAndre Baker - Georgia)
    RD2 - WR - Riley Ridley - Georgia Replace AB (Luxury pick due to AB trade)
    RD3 - OG - Michael Deiter - Wisconsin Replaces Free Agent Foster
    RD4 - DE/OLB - Carl Granderson - Wyoming Replaces Free Agent Chickillo / Depth Chart
    RD5 - TRADED
    RD6 - ILB - Khalil Hodge - Buffalo (f/Trade) Replaces under performing Free Agent in 2018 Jon Bostic / Depth Chart
    RD6 - CB - Mark Gilbert - Duke Fights for depth / Prac. Sq.
    RD7 - RB - Traveon McMillan - Colorado (f/Trade) Fights for depth / Prac. Sq. / Replacing S.Ridley
    RD7 - TRADED
    I like that draft. Only thing is, maybe I pick a kicker or punter in round 7. Berry makes about 2 million a year, and he's below average. We could pick a rookie, get better production and save 1.5 million a year on the cap. Boswell has zero confidence.

Grandson impressed in the senior bowl. He's very long and quick off the edge, but a part time player who is weak vs the run.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEERgods225 View Post
    Are you claiming Lattimore and a First in 2020? Plus we can use our one this year for someone like Bama's ILB? I'm down for that trade all day every day. We'd be robbing them blind. It would be counter productive to them trying to win one before Brees leaves.
    At best that particular trade would have to be AB/2019 1st round for ML/2020 1st round, just to get talks started, IMO. As much as AB would improve the Saints WRs, losing Lattimore for a 30+ year old is still not equal. Dennis Allen has built a defense in NO finally, mainly around Vonn Bell and the DL. I think the Saints would consider Lattimore but at a higher cost to the Steelers. I was originally looking at Eli Apple for AB straight up.