Thread: Kevin Colbert Confirms Steelers Brought In Only 23 Players For Pre-Draft Visit

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Kevin Colbert Confirms Steelers Brought In Only 23 Players For Pre-Draft Visit

One interesting draft nugget you may have missed at today’s annual pre-draft presser from Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert.Colbert confirmed the Steelers brought in only 23 prospects for a pre-draft visit, choosing not to bring in the maximum of 30. He explained his rationale.
    “I’m sure someone is going to ask, ‘well you only had 23 in for a visit,'” Colbert said Monday. “And that’s true. But we went into this spring with the focus of let’s make sure we don’t bring kids in just to hit 30. We wanted to make sure we were diligent about selecting those. Because when you do those interviews, it’s usually during your meetings. And it takes away from your meetings. We wanted to make sure the ones that we did were the most important.”
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04...e-draft-visit/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Kevin Colbert Confirms Steelers Brought In Only 23 Players For Pre-Draft Visit

Seven of those 23 were ILBs.

So... if my math is correct, I’m going to go ahead and say that the Steelers will draft an ILB at some point in the draft.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Kevin Colbert Confirms Steelers Brought In Only 23 Players For Pre-Draft Visit

Fire Colbert. This is inexcusable. No wonder their draft stunk. No wonder so many players were over-drafted by a round or more. Just a terrible way to put your board together. What craftsman doesn't use all the tools provided to them?

Just wanted to beat the rush.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Seven of those 23 were ILBs.

So... if my math is correct, I’m going to go ahead and say that the Steelers will draft an ILB at some point in the draft.

maybe 2
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    maybe 2
    I’d bet money that it’ll be two.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    maybe 2

I could see them taking 2. A highly rated player in the first couple rounds, and another player to develop or an injured player to take a chance on like Jason Cabinda.

You never know.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Fire Colbert. This is inexcusable. No wonder their draft stunk. No wonder so many players were over-drafted by a round or more. Just a terrible way to put your board together. What craftsman doesn't use all the tools provided to them?

Just wanted to beat the rush.
    Yeah, this is the season that if he and Tomlin don't shape up, they will get fired.

I think they caught up with a lot of prospects on the dinner circuit. Looking forward to another solid draft.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

FIYUR COLBURT!!!!!!!! HE SUX!!!!!!!!