Thread: Steelers 2018 regular season schedule

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers 2018 regular season schedule

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Steelers 2018 regular season schedule

We finish against the bengals instead of the Browns? BOOOOOOO!!!!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That stretch from Week 9 to Week 16 could easily be a 1-6 stretch...that’s a nightmare of a schedule. That may be the worst combination of games that Pittsburgh has ever seen. I think that’s every single team and stadium that has the Steelers number...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The toughest games and most challenging places for Pittsburgh to play are in the back half

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Thankfully this team is a 2nd half team. I'm worried about the 1st half of the schedule.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Thankfully this team is a 2nd half team. I'm worried about the 1st half of the schedule.

Exactly, plus I think they are a better team when the schedule is tough.

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

Only one set of consecutive home games wtf

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

surprised the NFL put a Sunday night game against the Ravens opposite Ed Sheeran across the lot at PNC. Parking is already a nightmare for game day.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Steelers must show up in the first 6 weeks or the playoffs will be out of reach. On one hand, if they play to win they could be nationally televised for most games beginning in November. If they swoon early and Tomlin uses his Defend every blade of grass speech at the bye, then the season is already over.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

19-0

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

12-4 regular season
    15-4 final record

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That stretch from Week 9 to Week 16 could easily be a 1-6 stretch...that’s a nightmare of a schedule. That may be the worst combination of games that Pittsburgh has ever seen. I think that’s every single team and stadium that has the Steelers number...
    Rise to the challenger or falter. If we're Super Bowl caliber, it shouldn't matter who the opponents are.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

They play the Jags in Jacksonville the week before Thanksgiving on Sunday night. I'm bringing my son to that game and visiting my parents for Thanksgiving! Works out perfect. Tickets are about $200 a piece.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

At least we don't have all the tough games at the start, when Bell-Einstein will be ineffective because of his annual toddler shitfit.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Woohoo, it is in Denver this year, finally get to see a Steeler's game live!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Clearly the only response to a schedule full of early season division games is to just fire Tomlin now to avoid a disastrous slow start.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    They play the Jags in Jacksonville the week before Thanksgiving on Sunday night. I'm bringing my son to that game and visiting my parents for Thanksgiving! Works out perfect. Tickets are about $200 a piece.
    Isn’t it awesome when the stars align like that.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Winners, losers of the 2018 NFL schedule

Kevin Seifert
    NFL Nation

Winners

Pittsburgh Steelers

Thanks to a random but significant quirk, the Steelers could have the AFC North wrapped up by midseason. How? They play five of their six division games between Week 1 (Cleveland Browns) and Week 9 (Baltimore Ravens), and only one more over their final eight games. If the Steelers perform well in those games -- and, overall, they have the NFL's easiest first half of the season based on opponents' 2017 winning percentage -- they could bury the Browns, Ravens and perhaps the Cincinnati Bengals early and provide all three little chance to make up ground. Pittsburgh's final division game will come in Week 17, at home against the Bengals.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...steelers-happy

Last year I was spot on with 13-3

I'll predict 12-4, 2nd seed.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    12-4 regular season
    15-4 final record
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Last year I was spot on with 13-3

I'll predict 12-4, 2nd seed.
    I am going with 11-5 (losses @Tampa Bay (the annual inexplicable road loss), @Ravens, Chargers, @Raiders, @Saints)

ESPN predicts 11-5 (with a December win over the Patriots) in this game by game breakdown

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-...me-predictions

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I can't make a prediction this early, but looking at the schedule I agree with hawaiiansteeler as far as having the Div.Champ by mid November and play-off spot. However, what is concerning to me is our DEFENSE. If no changes are made to the important pass rushing, tackling, etc.,etc., then the division champion title isn't going to come that easy and that LAST game against the bungholes could be the deciding factor for division making us play our starters the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I am going with 11-5 (losses @Tampa Bay (the annual inexplicable road loss), @Ravens, Chargers, @Raiders, @Saints)

ESPN predicts 11-5 (with a December win over the Patriots) in this game by game breakdown

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-...me-predictions
    I would agree with the Bucs game but it's a prime time game. A type of game this team shows up for.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    19-0

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar