View Poll Results: Who should the Steelers now select in Round 2?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcus Allen S Penn St

1 4.17%
  • Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Jerome Baker OLB/ILB Ohio St

1 4.17%
  • Lorenzo Carter OLB Georgia

2 8.33%
  • Nick Chubb RB Georgia

1 4.17%
  • Terrell Edmunds S Va Tech

3 12.50%
  • Mike Gesicki TE Penn St

3 12.50%
  • Dallas Goedert TE S Dakota St

4 16.67%
  • B.J. Hill NT/DT N Carolina St

0 0%
  • Malik Jefferson ILB Texas

1 4.17%
  • Arden Key DE/OLB LSU

2 8.33%
  • Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M

0 0%
  • Kyle Lauletta QB Richmond

1 4.17%
  • Darius Leonard OLB/ILB S Carolina St

0 0%
  • Uchena Nwosu OLB USC

0 0%
  • Rashaad Penny RB San Diego St

0 0%
  • Dante Pettis WR Washington

0 0%
  • Frank Ragnow C Arkansas

1 4.17%
  • James Washington WR Oklahoma St

1 4.17%
  • Kyzir White S West Virginia

3 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should the Steelers now select in Round 2?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Who should the Steelers now select in Round 2?

after selecting Alabama ILB Rashaan Evans in the first round of our Steelers Universe Mock Draft, who should the Pittsburgh Steelers then pick in Round 2?

the assumption is being made that all of these players are still available and they're listed in alphabetical order:

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Who should the Steelers now select in Round 2?

If you can't get a TE in R1, try R2!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Alright, I'll join the Shoes Quest for TE in this scenario. Gogurt and Carter are probably the biggest value available, but we just took a LB in the 1st. So, TE come on down...

Gogurt
    Carter
    Kirk
    Gesiki

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If they want to go safety, I assume this means that Reid and Bates are gone. Edmunds is the last of the stupidly athtletic and versatile prospects. After him, in my opinion there is a measurable drop-off. So Edmunds it is. White and Allen are limited in coverage.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If they want to go safety, I assume this means that Reid and Bates are gone. Edmunds is the last of the stupidly athtletic and versatile prospects. After him, in my opinion there is a measurable drop-off. So Edmunds it is. White and Allen are limited in coverage.
    yes, I could be wrong of course but imo it wasn't realistic to have Reid or Bates still available at 2(60). I believe if the Steelers want either of those two safeties they will need to select them at 1(28) or trade up in the second round for them which is always a possibility.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't think we'll be going for a safety with our FA signings. A good goal was to take one position of need off the table in FA and we did that. Assuming ILB in round 1, that leaves OLB, TE, and possibly RB or QB.

It will depend heavily on who's available. I think we have at least a plausible plan for TE that does not involve spending a high draft pick (hope that McDonald can give it a full season). That leaves OLB and RB, and at RB we have a really good one for this year, at least in theory. I think we'll go OLB.

More likely though, we'll go OLB in round 1 and ILB in round 2, because every goddamn year there's a guy who drops down into the 20s and we're like "omg, can't pass on this guy - he has incredible raw talent but needs to develop his game to succeed at the pro level!"

So basically if OLB is on our list of needs, we don't get a first-round pick that year because that happens instead. Then OLB is on the list again in 3 years.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

BPA

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If they don't go ILB in round 1, I'd pick Leonard. With Evans the round 1 pick, I go with Goeddert, best player available at position of need

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I reeeally want to pick Frank Ragnow...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Nick Chubb!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Selected safety Terrell Edmunds.

Vance McDonald and Jesse James are the #1 and #2 TE's. No need to take one early.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I picked Baker, cause we need another OLB at least for depth, and depending on how he plays, the ILB/OLB could be useful.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

if BPA is the philosophy , hard to imagine anyone on the list is actually better than Arden Key ( IMO anyways ) but that being said the red flags are of major concern ....

I took him here but not sure I would do it again thinking about it more .... so much talent and ability but what good is it if he cant stay on the field because of his immaturity and poor decision making
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Goeddert won't be there at pick 60, but if he is, they'd be hard pressed not to take him

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I voted for Frank Ragnow.

He’s amazing!!!

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

I got Vander Esch in Round 1, and Arden Key in Round 2. We need help at ILB with Shazier being out still for the foreseeable future, and we still need a dominant pass rusher. Key could possibly fill that role if he eliminates the character issues, and makes football his priority.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’m leaning more towards a WR here...if a safety or ILB is taken at one. Just seems like it would be one of those scratch your head things that Colbert would do.

Maybe a James Washington or Desean Hamilton here?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’m leaning more towards a WR here...if a safety or ILB is taken at one. Just seems like it would be one of those scratch your head things that Colbert would do.

Maybe a James Washington or Desean Hamilton here?
    That is totally possible (and, IMO, not a head scratcher).

The Steelers have AB, JuJu, and Bryant (for one more season). They routinely like to go three- and four- deep at WR. So, even if Bryant stays, drafting a WR early is not far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I voted for Frank Ragnow.

He’s amazing!!!
    Tuesday Draft Week Rumors

Updated April 24, 2018
    By Charlie Campbell

The 2018 NFL Draft is just two days away! Here are some rumors that I have heard from sources with the draft just hours away.

One of the late-risers as teams held their draft meetings has been Arkansas center Frank Ragnow. After a long run of being one of the most reliable offensive linemen in the the SEC, Ragnow had his senior year cut short by a high ankle sprain. That kept him out of the Senior Bowl, and WalterFootball.com was first to report that he would miss the combine workout. As a result, Ragnow has gone under the radar to a large degree, while other interior offensive line prospects like Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, Billy Price, and James Daniels received more projections of being first- or second-rounders. However, sources say that Ragnow has a shot at being a late first-round or second-round pick.

In the 20s, a run could start on these interior offensive linemen, which could see them all go off the board by the end of the top-20 picks in the second round. The 6-foot-4, 307-pound Ragnow is viewed as having a good skill set while also being a polished blocker and a technician. Teams feel that he could be a starter at guard or center in the NFL. Ragnow might sneak into Thursday night, and it sounds like the second round is the lowest that he would potentially go.

http://walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Tuesday Draft Week Rumors

Updated April 24, 2018
    By Charlie Campbell

The 2018 NFL Draft is just two days away! Here are some rumors that I have heard from sources with the draft just hours away.

One of the late-risers as teams held their draft meetings has been Arkansas center Frank Ragnow. After a long run of being one of the most reliable offensive linemen in the the SEC, Ragnow had his senior year cut short by a high ankle sprain. That kept him out of the Senior Bowl, and WalterFootball.com was first to report that he would miss the combine workout. As a result, Ragnow has gone under the radar to a large degree, while other interior offensive line prospects like Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez, Billy Price, and James Daniels received more projections of being first- or second-rounders. However, sources say that Ragnow has a shot at being a late first-round or second-round pick.

In the 20s, a run could start on these interior offensive linemen, which could see them all go off the board by the end of the top-20 picks in the second round. The 6-foot-4, 307-pound Ragnow is viewed as having a good skill set while also being a polished blocker and a technician. Teams feel that he could be a starter at guard or center in the NFL. Ragnow might sneak into Thursday night, and it sounds like the second round is the lowest that he would potentially go.

http://walterfootball.com/NFLHotPress
    NOOOOO!!!

Good for him, but I was hoping he’d slip to us at 60. We have too many other needs to take him at 28 (although, he would be a great pick, since he has never given up a sack).

Terrell Edmunds was tied for the most votes in this poll, the Steelers just happened to pick him a round earlier than most of us had thought...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Terrell Edmunds was tied for the most votes in this poll, the Steelers just happened to pick him a round earlier than most of us had thought...

Just like TJ last year, many had him as a R2

If Darius Leonard is there, take him

WR

I’ll change my vote to...

Justin Reid

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If Darius Leonard is there, take him
    ILB or WR now that we traded Martavis Bryant would seem like logical positions to address in Day 2.

sorry Shoes

ILB or WR now that we traded Martavis Bryant would seem like logical positions to address in Day 2.

sorry Shoes
    With Goedert you get the best of both worlds WR & TE.

Joking aside...

If Edmunds is a dime ILB, then Justin Reid or Jessie Bates are still possibilities.

R2 Darius Leonard?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    R2 Darius Leonard?
    Darius Leonard
    Malik Jefferson
    Jerome Baker (R3)