View Poll Results: Who should the Steelers select in Round 1?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jessie Bates III, S Wake Forest

1 2.94%
  • Leighton Vander Esch, ILB Boise St

7 20.59%
  • Rashaan Evans, ILB Alabama

14 41.18%
  • Mike Gesicki, TE Penn St

0 0%
  • Dallas Goedert, TE South Dakota St

0 0%
  • Derrius Guice, RB LSU

0 0%
  • Ronnie Harrison, S Alabama

1 2.94%
  • Will Hernandez, G UTEP

0 0%
  • Sam Hubbard DE/OLB Ohio St

1 2.94%
  • Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville

1 2.94%
  • Harold Landry, OLB Boston College

1 2.94%
  • Billy Price, C Ohio St.

1 2.94%
  • Justin Reid, S Stanford

3 8.82%
  • Mason Rudolph, QB Oklahoma St

4 11.76%
  • Isaiah Wynn, G Georgia

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should the Steelers select in Round 1?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Who should the Steelers select in Round 1?

teegre just wrote a great article about the prospects the Steelers might select in the upcoming NFL Draft. if you haven't already read it you should do so, Tiger has truly outdone himself with this very well thought out article:

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/...aft-big-board/

assuming all the players he mentioned are still available along with some others I also added, which of these 15 players would you select if you were the GM of the Steelers? and btw, I listed the players in alphabetical order:

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Who should the Steelers select in Round 1?

Justin Reid. BPA out of the defensive players listed. He's going to be a star, even better than his brother
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

interesting start, 4 votes so far all for different players...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This was difficult. I chose to go for a center-fielding free safety and went with Bates. Give them what they've lacked really since Ryan Clark. Probably would have gone with Evans if I didn't want Leonard so much. A lot of good options here

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

difficult ....

I took the road less traveled . biggest Need is ILB by far ( IMO )

but I just could not pass on Landry , the 3-4 is predicated on the pass rush and quite frankly Dupree has been a huge disappointment and needs an upgrade besides I like Darius Leonard a lot and am willing to gamble he is still sitting there at 60
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Time for Captain Deduction!!!

The Steelers have had dinner with:
    -Jessie Bates III
    -James Washington
    -Derrius Guice
    -LVE
    -Ronnie Harrison
    -Rashaan Evans

Guice and LVE should be gone. Bates, Washington, and Harrison are reaches (IMO). Ergo, my math says that Evans should be the pick.

But... in 2014, they merely “met” with Ryan Shazier (they did not eat eith him). That said, they showed quite a bit of interest in him... which reminds me of the interest that they have shown in two players: Mason Rudolph and Justin Reid. (They’ve “met” with both of these players twice each.)

My reaction to each of them is as follows:
    Rudolph... meh
    Reid... YES!!!

Ergo, Reid is the pick.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Our biggest need is ILB, I went with Evans, besides, if Shalieve does come back next year and is even close to his old self, imagine that ILB combo!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    difficult ....

I took the road less traveled . biggest Need is ILB by far ( IMO )

but I just could not pass on Landry , the 3-4 is predicated on the pass rush and quite frankly Dupree has been a huge disappointment and needs an upgrade besides I like Darius Leonard a lot and am willing to gamble he is still sitting there at 60
    Would probably prefer the Landry pick, but my thinking he wouldn't be available pushes me towards Evans. I just think he is a better possibility at 28...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Wait a second... Shoes didn’t choose a TE???

Someone must have hacked his account!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Wait a second... Shoes didn’t choose a TE???

Someone must have hacked his account!!!
    Well, I'm trying to pick how I think the Steelers will pick. I'd be ok with a TE in R1 ( ), but think the Steelers are going edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Well, I'm trying to pick how I think the Steelers will pick. I'd be ok with a TE in R1 ( ), but think the Steelers are going edge.
    Let’s say it is indeed a TE at 28... which one is your preference?

There are a lot of good options here that I like and I would be glad to see Bates, Evans, Reid, Landry, Hubbard, Guice, or Goeddert. I guess I wouldn't mind LVE because they need his coverage skills at the position, but I would rather have the previous players

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Who should the Steelers select in Round 1?

It’s looking less and less like there will be any ILB left by the time the Steelers pick at 28. Two more teams just today have entered the inside linebacker sweepstakes.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Two more teams just today have entered the inside linebacker sweepstakes.
    Do tell...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

49ers and Bungles? Burfict is suspended and Rueben Foster is most likely going to jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    49ers and Bungles? Burfict is suspended and Rueben Foster is most likely going to jail.
    Right

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Let’s say it is indeed a TE at 28... which one is your preference?
    Goedert.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Goedert.
    Maybe it is just me... but, when I hear his name, I hear a 3-year-old trying to say “Go-GURT”

Report: Reuben Foster not eligible for exempt list yet, can participate in team workouts for now

Posted by Charean Williams on April 12, 2018

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cipate-monday/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yeah. That potentially adds two more teams into that ILB sweepstakes.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Maybe it is just me... but, when I hear his name, I hear a 3-year-old trying to say “Go-GURT”

You and I both have young children and that was also the first thing that popped in my head.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

My kids are grown, but I still think that every time I hear his name!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    You and I both have young children and that was also the first thing that popped in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    My kids are grown, but I still think that every time I hear his name!

Whew!!!... I’m not Deone in my craziness.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

i remember how bad i wanted TJ Watt last year, but also thinking "damn, getting Reuben Foster now and trading up for TJ would be amazing too." Glad im not the GM
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    i remember how bad i wanted TJ Watt last year, but also thinking "damn, getting Reuben Foster now and trading up for TJ would be amazing too." Glad im not the GM
    in your defense Reuben Foster had an outstanding rookie season for the 49ers. when the 49ers traded up for him I thought they were getting a steal, although there were several red flags already which caused him to almost drop out of the first round.

Interesting that Guice didn’t get a single vote... despite all of the “Replace Bell” threads.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Interesting that Guice didn’t get a single vote... despite all of the “Replace Bell” threads.

I think I would rather have a guy like Penny a little later in the draft. A RB that has proven he can do everything within this offense. Not that Guice isn't a good back. It's just that taking a RB that high when they have defensive needs just doesn't seem right.

I'm pretty sure that's what most fans are thinking. DRAFT DEFENSE!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Our biggest need is ILB, I went with Evans, besides, if Shalieve does come back next year and is even close to his old self, imagine that ILB combo!
    Shazier is barely standing up on his own right now without looking like a 90 year old trying to get out of a chair. There is no way he plays next year or ever again at this point.

Guice is a good option and they do need to think about replacing Bell, but I just think it was hard to select Guice over all the other 1st round ILB, OLB, and S prospects

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Shazier is barely standing up on his own right now without looking like a 90 year old trying to get out of a chair. There is no way he plays next year or ever again at this point.
    We shall see.

It was amazing that Spence ever saw the field again after his brutal injury.

As long as Shazier continues to improve I will continue to believe he has a chance for a full recovery.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant