View Poll Results: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 15.63%
  • No

23 71.88%
  • Fire Tomlin

4 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

If the Steelers draft a QB in the first round, I'm going to just turn the draft off. This team needs defensive help to win the SB now. HB is more of a priority than QB IMO because Bell will most likely be gone after this year. Ben has said that he wants to play for 3 more years. When he's done, our chance at a SB is done anyway so I don't really care about drafting his possible replacement now.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

No.

P.S.: You forgot the Patriots suck and Tom Brady is Gay option (lol)

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

NO. Our Defense needs big overhaul. Still waiting for J Porter and a few other coaches to hit the pavement, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen now.....dammit !

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I don't know enough about the guy to say for sure, but a lot of people seem to think he's overrated. In that case, no.

On the other hand, our coaches seem to have taken a big interest in him for some reason. If they really, truly see something that makes them think he's our next franchise QB, then I'd make that pick without hesitation at #28.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The more I think about it and the more I look into Rudolph, the more I understand why teams are entranced by him. He has maybe the best arm in the draft. But his ability to deal with pressure and broken plays is an open question...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I'll pass...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

wonder what the results would be if 60 was the question ...

rumors of him going rd1 but still many who believe he will be there at 60 ....

its anyones guess at this point but personally I do not see him going rd1 , that said I do not think he makes it passed the 50 spot either

the QB pos is just to over valued and there almost seems to be a willingness to fail by throwing logic out the window and get another body in the room that has a chance
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    No.

P.S.: You forgot the Patriots suck and Tom Brady is Gay option (lol)
    good point, what was I thinking?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I voted a big fat NO.

I almost couldn't resist the Fire Tomlin option.

Powerful the Dark Side is!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    wonder what the results would be if 60 was the question ...

rumors of him going rd1 but still many who believe he will be there at 60 ....

its anyones guess at this point but personally I do not see him going rd1 , that said I do not think he makes it passed the 50 spot either

the QB pos is just to over valued and there almost seems to be a willingness to fail by throwing logic out the window and get another body in the room that has a chance
    that's exactly why I'm convinced Rudolph doesn't make it out of Round 1, too many NFL teams are starved for QBs...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    that's exactly why I'm convinced Rudolph doesn't make it out of Round 1, too many NFL teams are starved for QBs...
    100%

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Does anyone actually think he won't be there??

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm hoping he still is and some QB needy team offers the Steelers a 3rd or 4th round pick (since we don't have one) to move up and draft Rudolph.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Yes

IMO, it’s more likely that he gets drafted before 28 (than after 28).

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think this entire draft is going to be a circus.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No. He’s not a 28th overall pick talent at this juncture. He’s a early to mid 40s talent.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The more I think about it and the more I look into Rudolph, the more I understand why teams are entranced by him. He has maybe the best arm in the draft. But his ability to deal with pressure and broken plays is an open question...
    My biggest concern with Rudolph is that he floats the ball. NFL safeties are gonna intercept him regularly.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    My biggest concern with Rudolph is that he floats the ball. NFL safeties are gonna intercept him regularly.
    Agreed. A lot of what he gets away with on Saturdays that leads to positive outcomes is just gonna get him killed in the NFL.

But goodness me, the kid can throw the damn ball when he puts his mind to it.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'm hoping he still is and some QB needy team offers the Steelers a 3rd or 4th round pick (since we don't have one) to move up and draft Rudolph.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It would be great to get an additional draft pick. There are plenty of quality players that could help this team address a position need in the middle of this draft.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yes

IMO, it’s more likely that he gets drafted before 28 (than after 28).
    He must be impressing some teams. How many 1st round QB teams are there this year? I really haven't had time to look close.

He must be impressing some teams. How many 1st round QB teams are there this year? I really haven't had time to look close.
    Browns
    Giants
    Jets
    Broncos
    Dolphins
    Bills
    Cardinals
    Ravens
    Chargers
    Taperiots
    Saints
    Steelers
    Jaguars

Browns
    Giants
    Jets
    Broncos
    Dolphins
    Bills
    Cardinals
    Ravens
    Chargers

Taperiots
    Saints
    Steelers

Jaguars
    I can't see the teams I placed in bold going 1st round on a QB. Possible, but not plausible. The QBs who are going at the top are already over-valued with lots of bust potential. A smart GM is not going to let that crazy valuation drive up the price for a 3rd round QB by taking him in the mid-late 1st. JMO

I can't see the teams I placed in bold going 1st round on a QB. Possible, but not plausible. The QBs who are going at the top are already over-valued with lots of bust potential. A smart GM is not going to let that crazy valuation drive up the price for a 3rd round QB by taking him in the mid-late 1st. JMO
    Even if we exclude the bolded teams (although, the Ravens have met with every QB prospect)... that would still leave EIGHT teams who could draft a QB in R1.

Logically, it makes nosense to draft a R3 guy in R1. Except, if the R3 guys are not there in R3 (because the R3 guys got drafted in R1), then you’re left with... nothing.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

And unless they are 100% in love with a guy, which means a successor to Ben, the Steelers shouldn’t be wasting a pick on a guy unless it’s a Round One Guy, there’s really no need to take a QB with what they have on the roster. The next guy should be a prospective starter...not a Josh Dobbs, Landry Jones type of guy. They have a couple of those already.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    And unless they are 100% in love with a guy, which means a successor to Ben, the Steelers shouldn’t be wasting a pick on a guy unless it’s a Round One Guy, there’s really no need to take a QB with what they have on the roster. The next guy should be a prospective starter...not a Josh Dobbs, Landry Jones type of guy. They have a couple of those already.
    Report: Steelers Continue To Show Interest In QB Mason Rudolph

By Dave BryanPosted on April 6, 2018

How many quarterbacks will be selected in the first-round of the 2018 NFL Draft and will Oklahoma State’s Mason Rudolph be one of them? We have a little less than three weeks remaining before we know the answers to those questions but in the meantime, however, Rudolph appears to be a prospect in high demand as the pre-draft process winds down.

On Friday, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network passed along some news about Rudolph and he reports that the quarterback will visit with the Buffalo Bills this weekend and that he’s also already met with, or had workouts with, the Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Rapoport adds that the Patriots, who now own two selections in the first-round of this year’s draft as of this past week, recently had a private workout with Rudolph and wide receiver James Washington, who also played at Oklahoma State.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04...mason-rudolph/

Report: Steelers Continue To Show Interest In QB Mason Rudolph

By Dave BryanPosted on April 6, 2018

How many quarterbacks will be selected in the first-round of the 2018 NFL Draft and will Oklahoma State’s Mason Rudolph be one of them? We have a little less than three weeks remaining before we know the answers to those questions but in the meantime, however, Rudolph appears to be a prospect in high demand as the pre-draft process winds down.

On Friday, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network passed along some news about Rudolph and he reports that the quarterback will visit with the Buffalo Bills this weekend and that he’s also already met with, or had workouts with, the Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Rapoport adds that the Patriots, who now own two selections in the first-round of this year’s draft as of this past week, recently had a private workout with Rudolph and wide receiver James Washington, who also played at Oklahoma State.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04...mason-rudolph/
    Ugh...if they do it...it gives me the same heebie jeebies I felt when they drafted Mendenhall...

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

I think/hope its a smoke screen. If Ben really is willing to play another 3 years, they are probably not going to grab a guy in the 1st round to sit on the bench for those three years.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The ONLY way this is even in play is the chance of winning the SuperBowl this year. Ben may retire on top if that happens. Also he may have only said he wanted to play 2-3 more years just to have a question free off season. Either way I do not want Mason Rudolph.

Your 1st Round QB is likely to be a bust

By Joe Marino
    Published on April 7, 2018

No less than four and as many as six quarterbacks will be selected in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. For those teams that ultimately select a quarterback in the first round, optimism will reign as the hopeful search for the long-term answer at the most important position in sports has been secured.

The fact of the matter is that it’s more likely that your shiny new quarterback is going to be a bust.

From 2000-2015, 42 quarterbacks have been first round selections. While the degree of success is varying, 19 of those do not currently carry a bust label but 23 of them do. 55 percent of all quarterbacks drafted in the first round from 2000-2015 have been busts.

to read rest of article:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/marino-y...-to-be-a-bust/