View Poll Results: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 15.63%
  • No

23 71.88%
  • Fire Tomlin

4 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The ONLY way this is even in play is the chance of winning the SuperBowl this year. Ben may retire on top if that happens. Also he may have only said he wanted to play 2-3 more years just to have a question free off season. Either way I do not want Mason Rudolph.
    Bingo!!! It gets the reporters off of his back. If the Steelers win a Lombardi, I expect Ben to retire.

And, I concur: Rudolph just doesn’t seem like “the guy” to me.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Bingo!!! It gets the reporters off of his back. If the Steelers win a Lombardi, I expect Ben to retire.

And, I concur: Rudolph just doesn’t seem like “the guy” to me.
    My ONLY complaint with Dobbs is his short to midrange accuracy is very lacking. He throws the ball high which either gets a WR killed or winds up being an INT. Both are bad for my team, otherwise great guy. To me, Rudolph is the same QB. Great deep ball accuracy, maybe one of the best in the draft. Also mid range floater and terrible accuracy short range. Of the 2, Dobbs has much better mobility, although Rudolph has a more NFL body type. I see basically the same QB in both players.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Even if we exclude the bolded teams (although, the Ravens have met with every QB prospect)... that would still leave EIGHT teams who could draft a QB in R1.

Logically, it makes nosense to draft a R3 guy in R1. Except, if the R3 guys are not there in R3 (because the R3 guys got drafted in R1), then you’re left with... nothing.
    And thus the losing teams keep losing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Ugh...if they do it...it gives me the same heebie jeebies I felt when they drafted Mendenhall...
    I believe they're doing due diligence in the event he falls to R2.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

POLL: If QB Mason Rudolph is still on the board at # 28 should the Steelers draft him?

I’d be fine with him in round 2...IF...they think and convinced 100% that he’s the successor to Ben. Otherwise it’s just wasting picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

NFL Draft Buzz: QBs Mayfield, Rudolph rising; Jackson slipping

April 13, 2018
    — By Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com —

"Rudolph increasingly is being tied to the New England Patriots, who may see the former Cowboys star as the perfect protege to Tom Brady. The Patriots have picks Nos. 23 and 31 after trading wide receiver Brandin Cooks to the Los Angeles Rams."

http://nfldraftscout.com/nfl-draft-b...kson-slipping/

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    NO. Our Defense needs big overhaul. Still waiting for J Porter and a few other coaches to hit the pavement, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen now.....dammit !
    Lol, this defense has been overhauled. There is not 1 defensive player on this team from 2010! Every piece is new and still this team can't win a playoff game without the assistance of a penalty.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't know enough about the guy to say for sure, but a lot of people seem to think he's overrated. In that case, no.

On the other hand, our coaches seem to have taken a big interest in him for some reason. If they really, truly see something that makes them think he's our next franchise QB, then I'd make that pick without hesitation at #28.
    As the defending SB champs in a 28-team league, they picked Mark Malone at #28 in '80. Just saying...

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    wonder what the results would be if 60 was the question ...

rumors of him going rd1 but still many who believe he will be there at 60 ....

its anyones guess at this point but personally I do not see him going rd1 , that said I do not think he makes it passed the 50 spot either

the QB pos is just to over valued and there almost seems to be a willingness to fail by throwing logic out the window and get another body in the room that has a chance
    I wouldn't draft him in the first 3 rounds.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

The Jaguars could take Mason Rudolph. - Benjamin Albright, 104.7 FM Denver

This is something Albright has said repeatedly on Twitter. Rudolph should be chosen on Day 2, but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if a quarterback-hungry team like the Jaguars took him at the end of the opening round. -Walter

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors