Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1 Pens vs Flyers

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1 Pens vs Flyers

Buckle Up, Baby! #homeice #theflyerssuck

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1 Pens vs Flyers

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

[QUOTE=stillers4me;638493]

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sorry guys, gonna be pulling for the wrong side on this one. I know it’s odd but I’m a Flyers fan. Pens should be able to take them.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

7-0?

Have they been coasting and waiting for the playoffs?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well that was a butt whuppin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Dominating win... but it's only 1 game. Philly will start pounding our skill guys and test our composure. Malkin already showing some weak retaliation penalties... we need to keep cooler heads and take this team down despite their mind games. We are the better team. #LetsGoPens

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

When the puck rolls like that there is nothing to defeat it. That was cosmic.
    All Defense!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Nice bounce back for a road win after a frustrating loss at home Friday. Murray was excellent. Dumoulin had another nice outing as well. Couple days off to rest... #LetsGoPens

So next year? Just whipping game in and game out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So next year? Just whipping game in and game out.
    Thing is, Philly was once again dominating the 1st period with chances. Penguins we running long shifts just trying to clear the zone, and then a little clear out turns into a fast break... score. Takes the wind right out of the sails. I thought going into this series, that Philly would try to be the dominating, physical team in an attempt to throw us off our game like years past, but it hasn't happened that way. Now, it's too late to probably use the tactic because the refs will start tossing guys saying it's just brute retaliation for their frustrations since they haven't been playing that way since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Thing is, Philly was once again dominating the 1st period with chances. Penguins we running long shifts just trying to clear the zone, and then a little clear out turns into a fast break... score. Takes the wind right out of the sails. I thought going into this series, that Philly would try to be the dominating, physical team in an attempt to throw us off our game like years past, but it hasn't happened that way. Now, it's too late to probably use the tactic because the refs will start tossing guys saying it's just brute retaliation for their frustrations since they haven't been playing that way since the beginning.
    All true. I think too much of Philly’s roster is unblooded when it comes to playoff hockey. Combine that with some key guys just vanishing - recipe for disaster against a team as deep and talented as the Pens.

Flyers did show a potential Pens weakness, press their defensemen hard and they will cough up the puck. Couldn’t make them pay enough for it to matter.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Noice. I think the Flyers have lots of those!

They'll be back next year.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

....and once again Philly fans show their lack of class by bombarding the ice with full cans of beer. I just don't think I'll ever understand the mindset.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

That was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    ....and once again Philly fans show their lack of class by bombarding the ice with full cans of beer. I just don't think I'll ever understand the mindset.
    Stay classy Philadelphia, and those fans wonder why everyone outside of their fanbase has such disdain for them

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post

Yeah, they're assholes. You're from York (central PA), so I don't know how you guys feel about Philadelphians, but here in western PA where I live, we hate everything Philadelphia. I'm happy the Eagles brought a Lombardi to PA, and it was about damn time, but that's about it.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Yeah, they're assholes. You're from York (central PA), so I don't know how you guys feel about Philadelphians, but here in western PA where I live, we hate everything Philadelphia. I'm happy the Eagles brought a Lombardi to PA, and it was about damn time, but that's about it.
    I'm currently living in eastern PA, so I've experienced first hand the insufferability of Philly sports fans. They're the reason why I didn't root for them against the Cheaters in the Super Bowl

- - - Updated - - -

Pens will play Ovi and the Crapitals in the 2nd round, again

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I'm currently living in eastern PA, so I've experienced first hand the insufferability of Philly sports fans. They're the reason why I didn't root for them against the Cheaters in the Super Bowl

- - - Updated - - -

If the worst of the politicians were to play the cheats I would find a reason to cheer the politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    That's okay. We'll take out the two jagoff teams right off the bat.

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    First... thank you for the welcome to SU in the other thread. York is about an hour and a half west of Philly but we can still smell the stench. Actually, now living just west of St Louis I believe I can still smell it way out here. I have nothing against the Eagles and I was pulling for them in the SB but the Philly fans are just obnoxious and hateful whether it's Eagles fans or Flyers fans. (Not speaking for every single fan of the teams obviously but speaking of the majority.)